****** Happy Thanksgiving! ******

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Hope you have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. Travel safe and dont over eat!

A special shout out to all those service members away from home this Thanksgiving.

Where are you all spending Thanksgiving? Anyone working? Duty?

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving to ALL. Hope all have safe travels.

My dad got a trip to Dominican Republic so my mom, brother and I are going to Santo Domingo tomorrow night.

Every Thanksgiving we spend Wed night (tonight) at my parents house. Currently preparing for the 6 mile trip.

Kids go crazy, ladies make the house smell like fresh bread, Men talk about the Dallas Cowboys and planes.

At some point we all merge with the women and kids covered in various levels of flour and we eat and play games around the table, pour some wine and shoot the breeze.

Coffee on the patio on the morning as the family starts rolling in from all over.

We do a 5 mile walk, then come back in and eat.

Easily my favorite day of the year.

Hoping for good enough weather for some walking in the wilds followed by a small dinner with kids & my parents.

We will have all the kids with us which is great.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
John

Working Fri/Sat/Sun after Thanksgiving at the airport. Helping those poor folks over-gross with turkey to get back home :p

Happy thanksgiving to all,enjoy the holiday.

The BEST holiday of the year!

...great food!

...pro football!

...a parade on TV!

Have a great holiday, folks!

Have a great day, however you plan on enjoying it. If all goes to plan we'll have 10 adults and 5 grandchildren at our place to celebrate. Quite a change from last year when we had no grandchildren. Kids have been busy. :D

Hope you have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. Travel safe and dont over eat!

A special shout out to all those service members away from home his Thanksgiving.

Where are you all spending Thanksgiving? Anyone working? Duty?

All the best to you too, sir.

Were staying home. My daughter is back from Vet school for the week, but just spent the last two days deer hunting in Northeast Wisconsin with her friend and his family. I don't think she bagged one, but did field dress one and is helping with the butchering this afternoon.

Yea, she never played with dolls. :no::D

Have a great day, however you plan on enjoying it. If all goes to plan we'll have 10 adults and 5 grandchildren at our place to celebrate. Quite a change from last year when we had no grandchildren. Kids have been busy. :D

That's awesome!
Big family get togethers are the best.

My plan is to go to the airport and plow snow / slush, and then drag the toy out of the hangar and make a lap around the valley... Nothing says Thanksgiving like looking down at the neatest place in the world.....

Hope the Ford keeps running........:fcross:

If not, it has been nice to chat with ya all...;)

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

My plan is dinner with close friends near to home. My contribution will be a sinful peach cobbler. :D

My wife is cooking all the yummy stuff, and her mom is coming over tonight to help. Tomorrow my folks are coming. My favorite holiday!

All the best to you too, sir.

Were staying home. My daughter is back from Vet school for the week, but just spent the last two days deer hunting in Northeast Wisconsin with her friend and his family. I don't think she bagged one, but did field dress one and is helping with the butchering this afternoon.

Yea, she never played with dolls. :no::D

You raised her well!

Dinner with airplane co-owners. Hanging out with the dogs. Working Friday.

Headed to the daughter's house with the son in laws family. 40+ people. Sandlot football, football catch, hide n seek, football games, food, father in law, and friends. The wife cooked 25 pounds of mashed potatoes, and 4 dozen cupcakes. We deep fat fry 6 turkeys. It is a fabulous annual feast!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. Wheather you are headed to a huge feast or a nice quiet dinner by yourself. Please stop and give thanks for all we have in this great country of ours.

May your Thanksgiving be memorable.

Headed to the daughter's house with the son in laws family. 40+ people. Sandlot football, football catch, hide n seek, football games, food, father in law, and friends. The wife cooked 25 pounds of mashed potatoes, and 4 dozen cupcakes. We deep fat fry 6 turkeys. It is a fabulous annual feast!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. Wheather you are headed to a huge feast or a nice quiet dinner by yourself. Please stop and give thanks for all we have in this great country of ours.

May your Thanksgiving be memorable.

That sounds awesome!

That sounds awesome!

Son in law's family is a very close and loving family. No matter what happens, no matter what drama they always mend fences a d come together or the holidays to honor their small town catholic upbringing and family values. It is truly an example to live by IMHO.

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday! We will have our kids, one of my sister in laws and her partner over for a big turkey dinner. The crazy sister in law is at her creepy boyfriend's house with our two nieces.:dunno: Mother in law claims to maybe getting the flu from one of the nieces, so she's staying home and we are instructed to leave a plate of food on her mailbox!! :rolleyes2: Did I mention, she's nucking futs??:rolleyes2:
My wife's family makes my family look like the Cleavers!!:rofl:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all have a warm, happy, safe Thanksgiving!

a4fa416d30d7ae0f384f2277087ca911.jpg

This beautiful day on our beloved island makes it easy to be thankful for all we have! Go fly, guys -- it's great to be alive!

I really don't have family anymore. I am the youngest in my family, my dad was the youngest and my grandfather was the youngest, so most of my family has died off, even most of my first cousins. My mom was the youngest in her family, so even that side is all gone.

I was single until I was 51, so I usually volunteered to work holidays so others could be with their family. And for double pay...:yesnod:

My wife is cooking a turkey, and this afternoon we will go to the employee housing and serve dinner to the employees on duty.

Usually on holidays I volunteer to be first call if a flight comes up. This time it turns out that all the pilots on duty today are single and want to fly. That means I have a rare day off. Usually on holidays the flights are for either a car accident injury or family dispute. A shovel to the head is most common on the reservation.

My wife is from the Philippines and they do not celebrate a thanksgiving as we do. They start Christmas decorations in October. (Yes, our tree and lights are already up) Thanksgiving is new to her, but she really enjoys it. She is what I am thankful for. She is a real blessing in my life. I am so lucky to be married to her.

I used to be envious of large families during holiday time. Still am a little. But I accept that I am from a small family. I actually enjoy the peace and solitude I have during this time. It is even better now that I can share it with my wife.

So I wish all a happy Thanksgiving weekend, safe travels, clear skies and strong tailwinds, may your pleasures be many and troubles be few, and we all pray for a safe return for those that are in harms way so that we may sleep safely at night.

Good night and God bless......

Back