Hangar cameras

Scrabo

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Scrabo
Looking for at camera in hangar solutions that will not break the bank and be able to access remotely

suggestions ?

the issue isnt the cameras (IP Cams) - the issue is that you're going to need some sort of network connectivity (either wifi or cellular) so that you can access the camera from wherever you want to access them.

Blink + hotspot.

Just checked my 2 inside cameras, one back room camera and front outside camera. They are slow on the hotspot but always work!

If you have WiFi, I use Wyze cameras. They're cheap and work well.

Looking for at camera in hangar solutions that will not break the bank and be able to access remotely

suggestions ?
We use the Arlo Pro 4 system. They don't offer continuous recording on their lower subscription tier, but if you use the audio detection to trigger recording and set the threshold pretty sensitive, you can have mostly 24-hr coverage in 2 minute increments, at least outside (wind in the microphone is an effective trigger). You have to have a charge cable hooked up to each camera you're doing it with though, as that kind of operation burns through a battery pretty quick. You can arm, disarm, live view, 2-way communicate, and start an alarm siren all from the app.

Beware of cameras requiring subscription. As stated you will need internet access. I have Reolink system which works great and no subscription cost.

So, I’ve rented a county hangar for eight years, and owned a condo hangar for two years. What exactly are our concerns that require a camera?

So, I’ve rented a county hangar for eight years, and owned a condo hangar for two years. What exactly are our concerns that require a camera?
This

Will be months before the city will replace or repair the doors, currently they are using a chain linked fence and hopefully more security

Unplugged my Wyze cams and switched to Ring. Better cams and app.

Have a spypoint trail camera. A certain amount of pictures are free without a subscription. Uploads pic to an app and alerted when it takes a picture. No wifi at my hangar. Also put a coded/keyed deadbolt on the hangar. As long as youre more secure than the guy next to you...probably ok.

Lots of uses when you live 30 minutes away:

Peace of mind check. Did I close all the doors.

I sometimes share our access code to let in a mechanic or someone dropping off construction supplies. Can verify the closed all the doors.

In the winter I can see if any snow is getting under the door seal.

When a fixed a leaking brake I placed a camera next to it to watch to see if it was still dripping or I made it worse.

Same for front strut over the cold parts of winter. Lets me know if I need to head out 15 minutes earlier to top it off.

Our ridge vent cap seal was shot and would allow in snow or rain. Used the cameras to verify leak was fixed- no need to drive 30minutes to check after it pours for 2 hours.

That's why I like portable battery powered wifi cameras

The one outside is awesome, the local deputy drives thru several times a night like clockwork and trips off the movement alarm. And I can see our windsock with the same camera.

....you start to find lots of uses to save on long drives. My hangar neighbor is 82yrs old and was doing the same thing for his brake leak.

Back