Had to Cancel my Planned Flight Today

Somedudeintn

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
somedudeintn
First time I’ve ever had to cancel a flight for this reason. I was planning on an evening flight and I mowed the yard as soon as I got home from work.

It was still fairly warm out and after I finished mowing I opened the fridge to get a water out, but the beer grabbed my attention. I opened it up and took a drink quickly remembering about my scheduled flight.

Don’t get me wrong, I like a beer, but I’d prefer to postpone the beer than to cancel my scheduled flight.

Oh well, live and learn.

Good call captain - nicely done.

Maybe I missed it, but why’d you have to cancel?

I think if it was in a can you are ok, 8 hours bottle to throttle...

Just kidding, good call.

I couldn’t even use that excuse, it was a bottle...

Any idea why the FAA has the 8 hour rule? I’m sure if I flew 2 hours after the sip of beer I had I’d be well under 0.01.

Not that it has to be logical, just curious if that rule was created after some incident.

Short of video or a receipt from a bar are you sure you didn't drink it at noon?

Learning to fly really cut back on enjoying a beer. I never knew when my CFI would call and say there was a plane available. Really wanted to say, "Let's go!"

Good call not going.

First time I’ve ever had to cancel a flight for this reason. I was planning on an evening flight and I mowed the yard as soon as I got home from work.

It was still fairly warm out and after I finished mowing I opened the fridge to get a water out, but the beer grabbed my attention. I opened it up and took a drink quickly remembering about my scheduled flight.

Don’t get me wrong, I like a beer, but I’d prefer to postpone the beer than to cancel my scheduled flight.

Oh well, live and learn.

Well if it were just a sip of beer....

image.gif

Back