Guy Jumps from Plane at 25,000 Feet Without A Parachute

I honestly don't know if that is bravery or insanity. Although its funny how similar both can be.

I bet FormerHangie would do this in a heartbeat :p

Just kidding

I bet FormerHangie would do this in a heartbeat :p

Just kidding

Yeah, nope, but thanks for thinking of me.

I really don't like that he had to roll over at the end, and man, net or no net, that looks like a big hit.

Yeah, nope, but thanks for thinking of me.

I really don't like that he had to roll over at the end, and man, net or no net, that looks like a big hit.
It takes shockingly little distance to be not only survivable, but painless, for a human to go from 120 to zero.

No matter how many times I see that I hold my breath.
He did not hit the target, so it was close.

Still not sure why he wore a helmet.

No matter how many times I see that I hold my breath.
He did not hit the target, so it was close.

Still not sure why he wore a helmet.

It held the camera, and I wonder if he had a heads up display assisting guidance.

It held the camera, and I wonder if he had a heads up display assisting guidance.
I’m betting every aspect was accounted for. I’m sure he had target points along the way in order to adjust.

I gotta wonder about folks in the stands at something like this, knowing that there are pretty high odds they could witness something horrific.

latest

This is old news btw...saw this two years ago

Last edited:
I read a book called "Age of the Daredevil" which was about people going over Niagara Falls in barrels in the early 1900's. Huge crowds, tens of thousands of people would show up to watch and believe it or not the first one to do it was an old woman,

None of them ever got rich though and most of them didn't even make it.

It takes shockingly little distance to be not only survivable, but painless, for a human to go from 120 to zero.
Takes about 90' for a 185lb. human to reach terminal velocity. Once you hit the ground (especially if its hard pack) you will bounce another 6' in the air after impact. You will then either be dead or you will have a bunch of broken bones. I was lucky and only had a bunch of broken bones. Spent a week in the hospital on that deal. :eek:

Takes about 90' for a 185lb. human to reach terminal velocity. Once you hit the ground (especially if its hard pack) you will bounce another 6' in the air after impact. You will then either be dead or you will have a bunch of broken bones. I was lucky and only had a bunch of broken bones. Spent a week in the hospital on that deal. :eek:
Gotta be an interesting story behind that experience

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BS.

It takes quite a bit more than ninety feet.

The formula for distance traveled under constant acceleration or deceleration is d= V^2/2a.
If you assume 10 g's which is uncomfortable for sure but shouldn't cause injury, a = 322ft/s^2.
120 mph is 120*5280/3600 = 176f/s
Thus 176^2/2*322 = 48'.
Unless I'm not thinking of this correctly.

Gotta be an interesting story behind that experience
Fell 90' out of the rod basket on a completion rig after we ran sucker rods. Hands/gloves were all oily and lost my grip on the ladder just as I crawled out of the rod basket. This was before they had the deadman weights that you attached to your safety belt to slow your fall if you fell. I don't know how fast I hit the ground. My operator thought I was throwing my jacket down as I flew over his head. He then quickly turned around and saw that it was me flying over his head and said I bounced about 6' after the initial impact.

Back