GTN 750 parts

the400kid

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FLAAV8R
Today while turning the inner concentric knob on my GTN, it literally disintegrated in my fingers. I can still turn the inner knob by using the metal stub that juts out, but I really need to get a new one. Any idea where I can get just the rubberized inner knob for less than, say, $2,000?

Attachments

• IMG_5799.jpg
    IMG_5799.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 25
Today while turning the inner concentric knob on my GTN, it literally disintegrated in my fingers. I can still turn the inner knob by using the metal stub that juts out, but I really need to get a new one. Any idea where I can get just the rubberized inner knob for less than, say, $2,000?
That is a bummer, how old is it?
What about calling the shop that installed for you and ask them if they can get one or may have one from a parts GPS?

That is a bummer, how old is it?
What about calling the shop that installed for you and ask them if they can get one or may have one from a parts GPS?
The unit was one of the very first installs of the GTN from 2011 and the shop is no longer around.

I think you want to put "Garmin 430-00030-10" into Google.

Is that a direct replacement? I'd hate to spend all that dough only to find out it didn't fit.

Is that a direct replacement? I'd hate to spend all that dough only to find out it didn't fit.
I believe the G1000 concentric knobs are the same as the GTN. But "all that dough" looks to be a ~$25 bet, and one that you could possibly recoup at least some of it.

Type “knob” into the Sarasota Avionics website and lots of options come up. None for the GTN, but I suspect a rep could tell you which one would fit.

If you contact Garmin directly, they may surprise you and send a new one free of charge.
Garmin is a good company, and they like satisfied customers.

If you contact Garmin directly, they may surprise you and send a new one free of charge.
Garmin is a good company, and they like satisfied customers.

I believe the G1000 concentric knobs are the same as the GTN. But "all that dough" looks to be a ~$25 bet, and one that you could possibly recoup at least some of it.
You are exactly right, I ordered it and if doesn't fit, I blew $35 (with shipping).

Please see the list of available GTN's service parts and page from GTN 725/750 Maintenance Manual

Attachments

• GTN service parts .jpg
    GTN service parts .jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 7
  • GTN 7XX Knobs.jpg
    GTN 7XX Knobs.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back