Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Cool Places to Fly' started by EdFred, May 31, 2018.
I'm thinking Mexican food on Saturday.
05C - Mi Tierra
June 2 2018
Just to make sure: we are talking about Griffith-Merrillville airport in Indiana?
dont eat at Taco Bell
IS there another 05C?
Yes - Griffith, just outside of Gary,
Dagnabbit! I am 90% certain I will be rearranging a home to make it more accessible this weekend.
Y'all have fun!
So you're telling me theres a chance!!
Mi in any variation is Michigan...
We are back up for a PNP flight. If the other pilots fly their legs, we are in.
Man, given more notice, I’d be there. I’ve heard it’s good eats.
more kitty cats?
Yepp. This time they come from KY again. Our cat - dog ratio is totally in favor of cats...
Well I had been considering going to the southeast flying in Knoxville but the weather looks like it's conspiring against that so this was a last-minute decision.
Darn, Kristine and I can't make it...its my youngest child's graduation party.
Mooney is in the shop again and I have a thing in Cleveland.
In the shop again? Oh bummer. What now?
Just the annual. Its spent an inordinate amount of time in the avionics shop from hell.
Yes, I saw your lamentations on here about the avionics. Glad it's not more repair/redo of that.
It has one final thing. The new GPS, a KLN94, needs to communicate with an indicator. The avionics guy didn't realize that the KI209 in my panel was wrong, it needs a KI209a. Another AMU out of my pocket. So it goes back once more to get that cleaned up, hopefully. Everything else seems to be working.
With luck I start IFR training in August.
Best of luck with that. I'm just getting ready to restart my IR since my written expired in February. We might be banging it out at the same time. One of the planes I was training in had a KLN94 and I studied the manual quite extensively. I liked the unit. I'm not sure there's a better "bang for the buck" IFR capable GPS out there.
So, who will come?
Just EdFred and maybe us?! Maybe we should postpone...
Well, now, looks like I'm down to 0% chance of rearranging a home (a pretty good thing), 15% chance of other random impediment, and 85% chance of making it to lunch (god willin' and the creek don't rise and the plane dun fly).
Guessing the Clow crew will be tied up (or down?) with Cavalcade this weekend.
We are out - meow...
Dangit... I'm helping my father-in-law move some furniture at 1. And I wanted to fly this weekend... This would have been perfect, on Sunday!
Sound nice. I realize today is the 2nd, planes in the shop anyway. I hope to get it back rather soon.
Wx was marginal and I bailed and decided to do some work in the woodshop instead. Snapped a bandsaw blade. That was a first
From dumb and dumber?
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Sounds like the midwest POA group are just as much of a bunch of losers as us in the southeast this weekend. Boo hiss!
Samsonite! I was way off!
Yeah you faux Southeasterners are something alright.
That'll wake ya up in the mornin'.
<-----professional woodworker since God knows when with numerous broken band saw blades to my credit.
I have an old craftsman bandsaw. And the way it broke I thought it had just slipped off the drive wheels. When I pulled the side off and went to put it back on it was no longer a contiguous piece.
It's an interesting project I got a somewhat circular 30"+/- 3/8" table top with the United States Marine Corps logo painted on it for a friend of mine who served in Iraq. But I can't give it to him (its a surprise) without actually making it a circle so I've been adding a ring around it to smooth everything out. Because I'm OCD like that. Even though I was only supposed to make a base and leg or legs for it.
Depending on how much tension you have on the blade, it can sound like the whole cast iron table exploded.
I didn't even hear it break it just stopped moving and I heard the grinding inside the case.
Snapping band saw blades will always bring get your attention
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I did find a new use for the bandsaw tonight. I had a chunk of frozen spinach I could not get cut with any of my kitchen knives so I channeled my inner Tim Allen and went out for the workshop and cut that chunk of frozen spinach in half.
Lol love it. A new show in the making?
Workshop cooking with EdFred.
Today folks, we put a little extra spin in the spinach....
Wish I’d seen this earlier... and that my plane was fixed.
The weather was bad for VFR. Our MC did not make it. Not sure if anyone else did.
How about you reschedule for June 30, 2018, and move it to KEYE (Rick's Boatyard Café). Those that are interested can also take a 10 minute detour over to KUMP for the community day/Wings Over Indy.
Not that I have to be there, but I may be at 6Y9 on the 30th. Haven't determined whether the 4th of July 5 day weekend will be ending on the 4th, or starting on the 4th.
I’d be interested in KEYE or 05C. Of course I STILL don’t have a working plane so there is that....