Got elected President of the Local Aviation Association

Huckster79

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Huckster79
sucker is born every minute and one was born back in 79!

I walked in to check out the local Aviation Association meeting, see what it was all about. Walked in at wrong moment- they were picking a new president and nominated and elected me before I could protest! Lol. I hadn’t even officially joined! I’ll give it hell though I think it’s funny

Which association?

Just our local Greenville Area Aviation Association. One guy said he would help me...

They do a Young Eagles event usually getting about 125 kids up, a breakfast and are trying to get a courtesy car... I planned on doing young Eagles event anyway... so they there’s not a bunch of activities they do..

We are going to try selling sponsorships on the car... to fund insurance and such... sticker it up like race car- cover up the rust that way :)

****, you're in Greenville? Didn't know you were so close. In fact, I think I saw you out flying a couple weeks back. I stop there for fuel all the time.

Nope wasn’t down there, almost was Sat. But yea we’re close! Burger run sometime?

Gotcha, yea that probably was then! I've been getting in decent hours between the blizzards! I'm still new to the tailwheel so been hitting the skies as often as I can to polish those landings up... Been going well so far, but always room to improve and need some more crosswind time... Seems to be beautiful and completely still or nasty and unflyable lately- not much in between. March should bring some decent but breezy days.

President, eh? Make Aviation Great Again!

Congratulations. Now every incident of plane noise is your fault and if there is a plane crash anywhere in the 5 county area, you are authorized to stand in front of a TV camera and contribute wild speculation to the news noise. It's an awesome power, use it recklessly. Also, enjoy the wealth that comes with the job

Thanks for stepping up :)

Just our local Greenville Area Aviation Association. One guy said he would help me...

I planned on doing young Eagles event anyway...

And just in case you didn't know, you can do young eagles even without an event. You can request the packets free from EAA and do one anytime. And you can sign up to be a mentor pilot with the eagles program as well.

The Russians got him elected!!!

Yeah, years back I missed one meeting of the local flying club and for punishment I was elected treasurer.... which meant I had to collect past due bills...:lol::lol:

And just in case you didn't know, you can do young eagles even without an event. You can request the packets free from EAA and do one anytime. And you can sign up to be a mentor pilot with the eagles program as well.

They got this event down pat... Its kind of their banner project of the year. I wanted to get involved in it anyway so this will force my hand to be involved. But what you are saying is you can do the program just as an individual on a "one off" basis? If so I will order some packets! I keep forgetting to get on their website and join the Vintage Aircraft Owners Association, I will get on and get both done!

Come on gents, no political drops in here- you are making it hard for me to not make a good natured snarky comment back but don't want the thread to get locked down :)

In most Organizations of which I’ve been a member, the President is nominated and elected at meetings that he/she has not attended.
Keeps attendance up if nothing else.

But what you are saying is you can do the program just as an individual on a "one off" basis?

Correct, all you need is the registration packets and you're in. oh and plus the online training you have to take, but you will need that even for events. So if you're at the airport and some dad and his kid are there watching planes and you have registrations packets there, you can take them up and they get the YE benefits.

Events are good no doubt, we have them too but I just did one this weekend for a person who contacted me. Him and his dad have never been in a small GA plane. I took them both up and man oh man did they enjoy the living heck out of it. The kid has now said he WILL become a pilot, thats what its all about!

I do eagle flights too for those 18 and over.

Correct, all you need is the registration packets and you're in. oh and plus the online training you have to take, but you will need that even for events. So if you're at the airport and some dad and his kid are there watching planes and you have registrations packets there, you can take them up and they get the YE benefits.

Events are good no doubt, we have them too but I just did one this weekend for a person who contacted me. Him and his dad have never been in a small GA plane. I took them both up and man oh man did they enjoy the living heck out of it. The kid has now said he WILL become a pilot, thats what its all about!

I do eagle flights too for those 18 and over.

Thats great to know! I will check that out! I took one of my son's friends up the other day, he had been in big iron before but no experience in a GA plane. I love doing things like that, thanks for letting me know I thought it was just an event type thing. Thank You!

If you want out of this gig,, simply double the dues.

Heck I haven’t even paid mine to join! I had no cash on me and they were collecting the annual dues. Lol

Do what we do for our bowling league. President doesn't pay any fees!

If you want out of this gig,, simply double the dues.

Back about 38 years ago a number of us in a hospitality suite (there may have been a few adult beverages involved) formed a new "society" in the EMC world. We have the dB Society, an honorary organization whose membership requirements include at least 10 years service in the EMC world and recommendations from 2 DuoDecade members (members who have been in the dB Society for at least 10 years). For the record, I am a DuoDecade member. But, back in 1981 there was an opposite organization formed. The Db society. The fastest way to be denied membership? Apply. The fastest way to get kicked out? Pay your dues. The second fastest? Ask what the dues were. Basically, everything the dB Society wasn't. I doubt it got past that hospitality suite in Boulder. So, doubling the dues wouldn't have worked. :D Nobody would have known. :p

Back