Good place to find quotes on insurance before deciding on a plane?

Bobby05

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bobby05
Im wanting to buy a plane here soon but was wanting to get some insurance quotes before I decide what to look for. Ive been on a few different aviation insurance pages and tried calling but cant seem to get ahold of anybody and a online form you have to have a plane to fill out a quote. Who would be a good insurance company to get a hold of to give me a quote on numerous different models? fixed gear(chereokee 180), fixed gear high performance (cherokee 235) non-high performance retract (arrow, mooney) etc. I didnt know if I can give them hours experience etc. and the value of the plane I was looking for and they can give me a few different rough quotes on different models? TAI

Parker at Airspeed Insurance has a really good sense of which carriers quote which rates based on your experience and history. Give him a call.

Yeah I went through that when I bought mine. Apparently you need to use a broker, which I didn’t understand at the time. I used avemco the first year and they were easy and responsive. They were fairly pricy though. Since then I used Kale at American Safeguard, and he has provided better rates.

Yes, call a broker (and Avemco) and give a tail number from trade a plane for the year/make/model you are considering.
They will quote based on value, total time, time in type, ratings, etc.

I used Aviation Insurance Resources. Victoria was extremely helpful and is a pilot herself.

Parker at Airspeed Insurance has a really good sense of which carriers quote which rates based on your experience and history. Give him a call.
Yeah, I also have insurance with Parker and highly recommend. He isn’t just an insurance guy. He’s also a pilot and a flight instructor and passionate about aviation.

I agree, Parker has been great so far.

Reactions: cdb
So, go with a broker you like - I recommend Travers Insurance, but there they all just put your request out to market. After you've done that, get a quote from AVEMCO. They don't work with brokers so you wouldn't have a quote from them if you only used a broker.

Back