Good News from Kansas

Congratulations! It's not as bad as they say. The missus and I have enjoyed 12 wonderful years of marriage (and out of 47, that's not bad).

Does she have a clue what she's gotten herself into? She's marrying a guy who never says no to an airplane! What kind of fidelity is that??? :)

Congratulations to you both!

Congtats Tony! Now Lois will have someone to keep her company when we are all on glider vacations!

Congrats!!!!! Now for the wedding plans... (and you thought planning your first solo XC was hard :)

Hey, he's got the easy part. Just show up and say, "I do!". Now, Leah is the one that will be running around in circles. :D

I'm curious about how appropriate a "missing man" formation would be over the ceremony? :D

You are single, aren't you? If I said that within earshot of my wife, well, it wouldn't be pretty.

Now if we could just get Jesse to make an honest woman out of his GF.

He's next!

Congratulations there to both of you!!

+1 Best of luck to you both. 35+ years here and I don't regret it at all.

Just remember the most important words you will need to know after you get married, "Yes, dear." :D :D :D

Tony,

That's wonderful news!

Kathie and I were married by the local Justice of the Peace by radio while soaring our Blanik sailplane over Marfa on Friday the 13th of July, 2001 at High Noon.

I know you might be thinking "another one of Burt's soaring promotion schemes" but if both of you agree I can facilitate this for you at Marfa.

(However photos will likely appear in "Soaring" magazine.)

Party that night at the Hotel Paisano Ballroom.
Show her photos at www.hotelpaisano.com

Congratulations!

Burt
Marfa Gliders, west Texas

PS Getting a marriage license in Texas is easy, although they did ask "are you related?" Not sure if "yes" is a deal-breaker in this town of only 2,000 people.

You are single, aren't you? If I said that within earshot of my wife, well, it wouldn't be pretty.

Nope. Married for 3+ years :yikes: . She knows me well enough that when I told her what I said, she just rolled her eyes. :D She knows I would be worthless without her, and she knows that I know that I would be worthless without her. :)

Last edited:
Congrats Tony, I'm very happy for you! I'm hoping that in the next few months I'll be able to do such a thing myself.

Tell you what, Grant, I'll pick you and Leslie up in the Aztec if you can fill the remainder of its useful load with food since I generally set water on fire if I try to cook. :D

I'll donate another 1000 lbs of useful load.

So the next two questions: 1) how'd you do it? and 2) when's the date?

If that's a life-size picture, Leah got a nice bracelet to go with a nice guy! Congratulations to you both!!! Is this our first POA wedding!??!

no she definitely wanted a ring. already tried the airplane route.

Teller:

1) Feb 28th was our 3 yr anniversary. We watched Walk the Line, the first movie we saw together. I was cleaning up around my apartment towards the end and after the last scene just happened to be down on my knees next to her.

2) No date yet. No hard plans yet, except that getting married at the courthouse and having the reception at my Dad's pizza place and bar are out. :(

Teller:

1) Feb 28th was our 3 yr anniversary. We watched Walk the Line, the first movie we saw together. I was cleaning up around my apartment towards the end and after the last scene just happened to be down on my knees next to her.

2) No date yet. No hard plans yet, except that getting married at the courthouse and having the reception at my Dad's pizza place and bar are out. :(

So it's Hap's and then the pizza place then?

Teller:

So it's Hap's and then the pizza place then?
No, they're going to get married at his Dad's pizza place and bar, then have the reception at the courthouse!:rofl:

Good man! :rofl:

Do it at Gaston's, then we can all be there and you can relive it for your anniversary every year! :D

Do it at Gaston's, then we can all be there and you can relive it for your anniversary every year! :D

"So what're we doing for our anniversary this year?" "The same thing we do every year, Leah. Go to Gaston's!" Hmm... ;)

gastons is no good for many reasons, mostly family. we've got some really good reasons to get married close to home. immobility of grandparents mostly. plus, anything in the april to october timeframe is pretty much a no-go. soaring season, ya know :)

Tell you what, Grant, I'll pick you and Leslie up in the Aztec if you can fill the remainder of its useful load with food since I generally set water on fire if I try to cook. :D

Uhm...make that the useful load after Ted, Missa, Grant and Leslie! :D

Uhm...make that the useful load after Ted, Missa, Grant and Leslie! :D

Wait, who said that you were invited? ;)

Wait, who said that I was invited? :eek:

Many felicitous returns. I much prefer being married to the alternative.

Two thoughts:

1. The length of the marriage is always inversely proportional to the cost of the nuptials

2. The sole duty of the groom is to show up properly dressed with matching socks.

Update. Engagement ring has been morphed into Wedding Ring. Just got it back from the jewelers yesterday. I think it looks nice. Leah had both of her grandmothers wedding rings that we took diamonds from to make it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• weddingring.JPG
    weddingring.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 131
Back