Good News from Kansas

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Bought this on Friday afternoon:

attachment.php

last night Leah said yes :)

Attachments

• ring.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 329
Wow!

attachment.php

Congratulations, you two!!!!

Attachments

• congratulations_champaign_fireworks.gif
    congratulations_champaign_fireworks.gif
    130.1 KB · Views: 293
Wait! what kind of aircraft part is that? Is it TSOed?

MAZEL TOV my flatland friend!!!! Was she floored?

yea i think she was pretty surprised, didnt really see it coming.

Jeez, that could have bought a lot of 100LL or a new GPS or a...:rofl:

Just kidding! Congrats!

well there goes the IFR 150 :devil:

Congrats, you better plan a plcae for the reception. I hear the maintenance hangar at Haps gets booked real early :rofl::rofl:

Best and most joyous wishes to you both; getting married was by far the finest thing I have done in my life, and I speak from twenty five years of joy. There are several here who put me in the dust, too.

So I am thinking- the two of you in a Grob over the west-Texas desert, formation with another with Burt and an officiant administering the vows, a big, honkin' party waiting on the ground at a hangar or at the Paisano...

Best and most joyous wishes to you both; getting married was by far the finest thing I have done in my life, and I speak from twenty five years of joy. There are several here who put me in the dust, too.

So I am thinking- the two of you in a Grob over the west-Texas desert, formation with another with Burt and an officiant administering the vows, a big, honkin' party waiting on the ground at a hangar or at the Paisano...

that would be fun spike. i think any plans will be closer to home though. my family would probably not enjoy Marfa or any other aviation oritented place as much as I would :) plus carting my grandparents over great distances is getting to be more of a challenge as they get old and start to break down.

well there goes the IFR 150 :devil:

No, not really. Isn't Leah in an engineering program. Just get her a job like Ted's. Then they can skip the 150 and go straight to a twin, or better yet an IFR Supercub that can double as a tow plane.:yesnod:

Congratulations Tony and Leah! I think you both chose wisely.

Barb

Congratulations Tony and Leah!

I guess you'll be kayaking at Gaston's for your honeymoon.....?

No, not really. Isn't Leah in an engineering program. Just get her a job like Ted's. Then they can skip the 150 and go straight to a twin, or better yet an IFR Supercub that can double as a tow plane.:yesnod:

Congratulations Tony and Leah! I think you both chose wisely.

Barb

You know Barb, I knew there was a reason we liked you:D. That has to be some of the best advice I've seen in a long time...

Leah has realized that an IFR 150 is a very good thing. It means I get to come visit her more often, and stay longer when I do.

Congrats Tony. I look forward to the ramen and chocolate chip cookies at your reception :)

Congratulations to both of you! Of course you posted this while a bunch of us were in Morris, or we'd all have been talking about you and would have been able to proffer lots of fatherly advice!

And may I also send a special congratulations to you both!!!

Kaye

yea i think she was pretty surprised, didnt really see it coming.
Yea, right, if she was surprised, she was the only one. Congratulations. By the way, if you do buy that 150, can I fly it while you are up here visiting?

Last edited:
well she wasnt expecting it *last night* at least.

max - you bet.

Congrats!

I volunteer the Aztec for dropping rice (or marshmellows... or Ramen) over the wedding ceremony. :yes:

Congrats!

I volunteer the Aztec for dropping rice (or marshmellows... or Ramen) over the wedding ceremony. :yes:

I'm curious about how appropriate a "missing man" formation would be over the ceremony? :D

Yah know, Leslie is a kick-arsed cook. I'm sure we can feed more than our fair share!:rofl:

Tell you what, Grant, I'll pick you and Leslie up in the Aztec if you can fill the remainder of its useful load with food since I generally set water on fire if I try to cook. :D

Back