Good Deal. ?

For what appears to be a flying airplane I'd say not too bad. I just sold one for parts for close to the same price. Hopefully the magnesium control surfaces are in decent shape.

I can't tell from the ad (and didn't look real close) but I think it has the Beech electric prop on it. I'm not a fan of them but all the prop options for the early Bonanzas have their drawbacks.

For it’s condition off face value, it doesn’t look like a bad deal.

Cheap way to get into a Bonanza?

The thing that hit me was the E-185 at 1800 SMOH.
Are these worth an IO520 upgrade with prop?

Wow. That is priced to sell!

It's worth at least that much in parts.
Let's examine that.
What would you pay for all the radios?

Let's examine that.

There really aren't any radios of any worth there. But you might find someone wanting the KX155 or the DME if they function and the display is good. If the controls are good they're worth money. The prop and pressure carburetor are also worth money. The engine, not so much in my opinion. The Cleveland wheel and brake conversion is worth something as well.

I essentially sold my Bonanza as parts, for the value of the Hartzell prop conversion. In the used market those are worth around $12-14k because a new conversion kit is north of $35k. The Beech electric prop isn't worth quite as much but I've heard of people buying them for around $10k.

You can easily make your money back by parting it out if the plane is discovered to be a dud. But at that price I'd fly it for a while then maybe part it out when I'm done with it.

Let's examine that.

Radios are not parts. They are junk that got sucked into the black hole of airplane ownership. They have a negative value other than ordering pizza on 122.95!

Radios are not parts. They are junk that got sucked into the black hole of airplane ownership. They have a negative value other than ordering pizza on 122.95!
I don't understand how you think.

When a KX170 works, isn't it worth about $250.
Not to me or anyone I know. I'm sure you could find someone to give you money for it, but I'd also expect you'll have it for sale for a while before you find that person.

You can DO that? :rockon:

I had no idea.

Some of my owners are still using the KX 170/5 and buy their spare radios rather than repair them.

Lots cheaper than up grading.

Couple questions on the old Bonanza.
Isn't the standard engine up grade a IO-470 From a 210?
Does the Spar inspection AD apply to the 52?
What would the $ cost of flight time in one ?
and finally.
what is their cruise speed?

Back