Good and bad day!

Acrodustertoo

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Buford T. Justice
image.jpeg NOur 9 month old girl had surgery today, spent four hours in surgery to fix her tubes between her kidney and bladder. The poor girl has had really severe UTI since she was born and finally she will be better now and we can get on with her wonderful life. We are hoping to be able to take her home by the end of the week
Here we are watching some tv!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 21
View attachment 50734 NOur 9 month old girl had surgery today, spent four hours in surgery to fix her tubes between her kidney and bladder. The poor girl has had really severe UTI since she was born and finally she will be better now and we can get on with her wonderful life. We are hoping to be able to take her home by the end of the week
Here we are watching some tv!

Great picture. Here's hoping she heals fast!

Great to hear everything went well.
I'll bet the nurses love her!
And it's pretty clear she'll be flying a twin when she's older...the security of a second pacifier is a dead giveaway. :)

And it's pretty clear she'll be flying a twin when she's older...the security of a second pacifier is a dead giveaway. :)
They have had a great time with her. The rest of the hospital is in love with her sister who has been taking daddy on long walks around the place to visit everything and everybody.

Your quote about the twin is going to get put on a picture frame and hung on the wall. Thank you.

Best wishes. Such stories knock the stuffing out of any self-pity I'd planned.
She is fine, the doctor is fantastic and went well out of her way to make sure she will be fine.
Our daughter was born with two tubes from one of her kidneys to her bladder, one empties the top of the kidney and the other the bottom, well the top one was connected to the bladder in such a way that it was plugged all the time unless she was squeezing her bladder(peeing) so she was always having reflux and a massive infection. The doctor actually rerouted and reattached both of the tubes from her right kidney to the bladder in such a way that they should never again giver her troubles. The tubes actually go around the back of her bladder and connect right above the tube from her left kidney. The way she explained it to us was impressive and we are very p,eased.

But the one pacifier has a pink (light red) handle. We know what that could mean.

Good luck to the little one!

Prayers for your daughter....hope she is feeling better.
angel.gif
angel.gif
angel.gif

Acro, happy that your little girl is doing well and hopes for a speedy recovery. Holding that 'standby' pacifier has to be mean she'll be flying before she drive a car! Already she's prepared in case she loses her 'primary' pacifier. We'll say a prayer for her. She's beautiful!

You learn what real worry is about when you have children....glad things went well.
I wasn't worried about the surgery but my wife is another story, she was pacing and figgiting the whole day. She still hasn't settled down. She is a stay at home mom so she is always with the kids. This was the first time she had to leave her baby with no control of the situation.
My only worry was the anesthesia. If she does well with that then she will be fine. The surgeon was first class and very well experienced with the procedure.
I just got off the phone with the president of the college. My classes are starting tomorrow and as program director and lead instructor I had to make arrangements to delay start of classes. The program will now resume on Monday if all goes well.

You learn what real worry is about when you have children....glad things went well.

Absolutely. As a first responder I deal with people in crisis daily, so I think of myself as calm in just about any situation. That notion lasted until our son (about 2 at the time) and I went to the walk-in clinic with cold-related breathing issues, and the next thing I know his O2 is in the 80's and he's in an ambulance with me following to the nearest ER with a pediatric unit...I lost it.

One of my girls does the same thing. She might even go for DC-10s, sometimes she'd held one pacifier in each hand plus one in her mouth. :)

Very glad to hear that your daughter is doing so well with the surgery! When our son was born, he had to spend the first few days in the NICU. That was very tough.

Absolutely. As a first responder I deal with people in crisis daily, so I think of myself as calm in just about any situation. That notion lasted until our son (about 2 at the time) and I went to the walk-in clinic with cold-related breathing issues, and the next thing I know his O2 is in the 80's and he's in an ambulance with me following to the nearest ER with a pediatric unit...I lost it.

I have a Dr friend who is an emergency room Doc and flys. His ex was a nurse and said he loses it when one of his boys get hurt.

One of my girls does the same thing. She might even go for DC-10s, sometimes she'd held one pacifier in each hand plus one in her mouth. :)

Very glad to hear that your daughter is doing so well with the surgery! When our son was born, he had to spend the first few days in the NICU. That was very tough.
Our first daughter spent three days in the nicu. I know how you felt. That is not a very cheerful place.

Our first daughter spent three days in the nicu. I know how you felt. That is not a very cheerful place.

No, it is not. Especially scary for the first time parent.

There was another little baby in there - unlike our son who had one or both of us by his side or holding him 24 hours a day, nobody came to visit him. We found out he was a drug baby. The were giving him methadone to try to get him off of the heroin addiction he was born with. There has never been a soul I came so close to that I felt so badly for. I still think about that kid.

Back