Gonna cheat on medical?

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
I just finished signing up on line with a new medical provider. This provider is one that I have had NO prior contact with.
Once I had entered my basic info ALL my detailed medical information automatically appeared.

Wow it was all on record, available for anyone with access.

Personally at 84 I don't give a hoot. However if I had lied on my medical, I'd be a bit worried. :eek:

Question to you folks in the know. First I have not lied on my application. I’m a year this November, full cogscreen, complete neuro eval all the bells and whistles. Currently about 2000 pages in my FAA med file. However, when a pilot has an incident that triggers an insurance claim do the insurance companies do a deep dive to find something you may have left out in an effort to possibly deny the claim? Just wondering while I wait on my medical to come in.

A fellow pilot that hasn't flown a a few months recently purchased a plane with Corvair power. He asked me if he could get a ride in my plane to hear and see how a Corvair performed. So we went for a ride yesterday.

He handled the plane fairly well and I was surprised at how agile and alert he was for a man of 82 years young. He said the secret was to keep moving and learning ...

Question to you folks in the know. First I have not lied on my application. I’m a year this November, full cogscreen, complete neuro eval all the bells and whistles. Currently about 2000 pages in my FAA med file. However, when a pilot has an incident that triggers an insurance claim do the insurance companies do a deep dive to find something you may have left out in an effort to possibly deny the claim? Just wondering while I wait on my medical to come in.
What do you think? “Do insurance companies do everything they can to avoid paying?”

I'm not a folk "in the know" but I've been told that the omission has to be materially relevant to the event triggering the claim. I don't know if that would be a legal protection or marketing strategy, but imagine if a million dollar claim was denied because the applicant didn't include tonsilitis on his original medical application, or forgot an ER visit for suturing a small laceration.

I'm not a folk "in the know" but I've been told that the omission has to be materially relevant to the event triggering the claim. I don't know if that would be a legal protection or marketing strategy, but imagine if a million dollar claim was denied because the applicant didn't include tonsilitis on his original medical application, or forgot an ER visit for suturing a small laceration.
A little of both. There are states where the misrepresentation needs to be material to the event and states where it is considered a condition to coverage regardless of materiality.

But, I'm not sure I understand the context of @TRC1969's question. If we're talking aviation insurance, I've not seen applications having personal medical history questions where you can misrepresent or omit something material.

I guess anything is possible in an extreme case but litigating whether the FAA should have issued a medical certificate seems a bit too far out there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back