Gogo breakfast and 737 arrival Friday morning

masloki

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Nunya
Anyone up at 7:30 AM is invited to swing by the Gogo booth in Boeing plaza and welcome the arrival of Jimmy Ray, our 737-500 test bed for voice, atg, and satellite tech. Once it is positioned in the plaza, we will do quick demos and showcase all the hardware that provides in-flight internet and entertainment. Oh yeah, and swag galore, including passes for free wifi.

Really? No one goes to OSH for stuff like that. That's a waste of valuable real estate at OSH.

Oh, I am hoping a few people want to get their geek on, or at least want some free coffee. We have a smaller plane but I hear Boeing plaza is good place to park Boeings ;)

Not company party line, I am hoping we figure out a cost effective way to serve GA with Internet. Right now, small company, you gotta aim the STCs for the corporate planes. And our current spectrum is 10k and up.

I hope gogo can improve their internet, it was terrible when it was on now gone Airtran and whoever SW uses it still sucks

I hope gogo can improve their internet, it was terrible when it was on now gone Airtran and whoever SW uses it still sucks
Southwest isn't ours. Row 44, or something like that. But, our new satellite systems shipping now are pretty awesome. 100 Mbit to the plane with room to speed up. You can watch Netflix and HBO in-flight from gate to gate.

I know that American and Delta are very unhappy with the product and even more unhappy with the maintenance support that they receive.

Man alive, I wish I'd a been there. I absolutely, positively would have loved it.

And, I hope you guys can devise a tolerably affordable in-flight solution for GA - and I appreciate that you're trying!

Back