Go Steelers!

I'm not a sports fan, but I found this, sent to me by a Steelers fan (my home region), amusing. It was sent pre-game.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 142
im with chip. the cardinals are like the cubs of football. Kurt Warner is an iowa native. Its only a 6.5 point spread. I hope the steelers blow it.

It's rare that I even make it all the way through 'the' one per season.

well its frustrating that they have those guys chasing that ball around to interrupt all the great commercials.

Now that the Beagles are out, I'm really only interested in the commercials.

Unfortunately, I've been reading that the watchword this year is "sober." As in, no irrational exuberance in Super Bowl ads, given the economy. Maybe i'll just spend the time playing Guitar Hero....

well its frustrating that they have those guys chasing that ball around to interrupt all the great commercials.

Now that the Beagles are out, I'm really only interested in the commercials.

Unfortunately, I've been reading that the watchword this year is "sober." As in, no irrational exuberance in Super Bowl ads, given the economy. Maybe i'll just spend the time playing Guitar Hero....

Make sure you pick up your 3D glasses for the commercials right after the second quarter. :D

Have you seen the Steelers play lately?

If you're a AZ fan, hope is all ya got....

That and a lot a heart.

The Birds want it more than anyone else, and that's why they'll win.

I agree, the Steelers can execute. I watched their last couple games. But, they are playing in "been there, done that" mentality, and I dont think they are respecting the threat. Did you watch the Cards last game? Philly had one of the top 2 or 3 defenses in the NFL, and they got worked, especially in the 1st 1/2.

The Cards are digging deep, and they have something to prove.

I agree, the Steelers can execute. I watched their last couple games. But, they are playing in "been there, done that" mentality, and I dont think they are respecting the threat. Did you watch the Cards last game? Philly had one of the top 2 or 3 defenses in the NFL, and they got worked, especially in the 1st 1/2.

The Cards are digging deep, and they have something to prove.

Hmmm...

I watch the local Black and Gold pretty closely -- there's not much celebrating happening yet.

Philly was inconsitent all year and played less than best against the red birds.

Pittsburgh had the league's number one defense, and the difference in quality is positively logrithmic in scale....

LOL. Difference of opinion I guess. The same guys that say the Steelers D is so great also said AZ would never beat Atlanta etc...

So Dan. How about the loser has to put the winning team's logo up as his avatar for a month? :) Your Bonanza looks pretty good there, but I think a Cardinal would look better.

LOL. Difference of opinion I guess. The same guys that say the Steelers D is so great also said AZ would never beat Atlanta etc...

So Dan. How about the loser has to put the winning team's logo up as his avatar for a month? :) Your Bonanza looks pretty good there, but I think a Cardinal would look better.

None of the locals made that stupid prediction. I wasn't the only Steeler fan who thought mid-way through the season -- "If we make it to the Super Bowl, we'll probably see Arizona..."

The talking heads also suggested Polamalu wasn't quite up to the caliber of .. what's his name...?

The Steelers have played a repeat of the '06 season -- shaky season's start, defense coming up with wins, Rothelisberger or Ward or Miller or Parker or Holmes coming up big on key plays.

The game's the Super bowl, but the Avatar is a V Tail Bonanza -- not sure if it's worth the down-trade...

:D

I'm taking that as a no bet??? :)

I'm not a ref but I notice on that interception at the end of the half, early in the run, the Steeler gets a "block" which is more of a "grab the Cardinal by the jersy and drag him off the runner". Watch for it in slow mo and see if it's illegal and negates the whole run?

i thought you guys said that Pittsburgh had a really good defense.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'll say this... that was a forward pass pure and simple. No way it was a fumble. From every angle it was a forward pass. That's a **** poor way for a super bowl to end.

That was a really good game. Could easily have gone the other way. Congrats to the Steelers.

pretty cocky dan, considering how the actual game played out.

I gotta say, the AZ defense lost it for them on the last drive. The Offense did all they could. And there will be no doubt as to the outcome of SB 44 when Mr. Brady is healthy again! ;)

I agree with Chip. That was a pass. The game was the "pitts."

That is 2 good Super Bowl Games in a row!!! And if Warner had gotten that pass off...with Fitz downfield...we will never know!!!

So I don't know the name, but #92 for the Steelers should have been ejected from the game, and he should not receive a super bowl ring.

Disgusting display or poor sportsmanship if I've ever seen it.

Back