Go Steelers!

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'll say this... that was a forward pass pure and simple. No way it was a fumble. From every angle it was a forward pass. That's a **** poor way for a super bowl to end.

I would hav been just fine if they had at least reviewed it and determined that it was a fumble. But to not even review it smacks of horrible officiating.

Would it have changed the game? Probably not, but that doesn't matter. The Steeler's victory was tarnished by a HORRIBLE call at the end of the game.

Hey, I made 50 cents on the win tho. Gotta love that.

So I don't know the name, but #92 for the Steelers should have been ejected from the game, and he should not receive a super bowl ring.

Disgusting display or poor sportsmanship if I've ever seen it.

What'd he do? I only got to listen to the 2nd quarter on the radio in the car, and the first TV I saw was taking a knee with 5 seconds left.

So I don't know the name, but #92 for the Steelers should have been ejected from the game, and he should not receive a super bowl ring.

Disgusting display or poor sportsmanship if I've ever seen it.

James Harrison....

He's a bit of a troubled soul, but the video showed him reacting -- we don't know what happened immediately before that.

(For those that weren't watching, he punched a Cards player while he was trying to get up)

I would hav been just fine if they had at least reviewed it and determined that it was a fumble. But to not even review it smacks of horrible officiating.

Would it have changed the game? Probably not, but that doesn't matter. The Steeler's victory was tarnished by a HORRIBLE call at the end of the game.

Hey, I made 50 cents on the win tho. Gotta love that.

It was reviewed (but can't be challenged -- 2 minute warning).

His arm was not going forward, which would have made it a pass.

The game did not hinge on that one call.

Yay Steelers! + Least favorite City

I need to combine these threads after reading this:

The swirl and swagger remained with the Terrible Towel, which was desecrated last week by Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon. He stomped on one after using it to blow his nose at a Cardinals rally.

I :mad3: Phoenix.

[/GLOAT-FEST]

The was a great game. Warner picked the Steeler secondary apart in the 2nd half and made the touchdowns look easy. Despite velcro coverage Larry F did what he's done best.

Warner's so fast in release that most plays the Steeler pass rush was left watching as the ball sailed overhead.

Until the pressure was turned up, the Steeler O-Line looked almost as bad as it did earlier in the season. Ben was driven from the pocket too often and sacked on critical plays.

The Cards defense -- never mentioned in any rankings -- were much tougher than the Ravens (whose defense was always a threat).

(Though, if I were a Cardinal Fan, I'd be less concerned about whether it was a pass or a fumble and wonder instead what would have been if the Cards could have maintained some composure and avoided stupid penalties -- they gave up how many yards???)

And yet -- Ben and the boys did what they've done too often this season -- marched down the field on a series of impossible plays...

After 2008 and 2009, does anybody even remember when Super Bowls were lopsided affairs??

Last edited:
It was reviewed (but can't be challenged -- 2 minute warning).

His arm was not going forward, which would have made it a pass.

The game did not hinge on that one call.

I did not see it get reviewed....

I heard the announcers say it had been reviewed and upheld just as Pitt took the last snap.

I definitely didn't have a dog in the fight - I dislike pro sports as a whole, but that's another discussion entirely - but I have an honest dislike for the Steelers after last night's game. Not because they beat the Cards, but because of how they did it. Multiple completely ridiculous dirty shots left a bad taste in my mouth. They may have won the game, but I think the Cards were the 'better' team last night.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything, but I find it odd that the Cards challenged two calls and won BOTH of them. And those were the ones that they COULD challenge. There were several more throughout the game that, if they had been deemed 'reviewable', would have been overturned. I started watching the game saying "I don't care who wins" but it didn't take long for me to start saying "Good grief, the Cards are getting screwed!"

Now where's that 'stir the pot' smilie when I need it... ;)

I definitely didn't have a dog in the fight - I dislike pro sports as a whole, but that's another discussion entirely - but I have an honest dislike for the Steelers after last night's game. Not because they beat the Cards, but because of how they did it. Multiple completely ridiculous dirty shots left a bad taste in my mouth. They may have won the game, but I think the Cards were the 'better' team last night.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything, but I find it odd that the Cards challenged two calls and won BOTH of them. And those were the ones that they COULD challenge. There were several more throughout the game that, if they had been deemed 'reviewable', would have been overturned. I started watching the game saying "I don't care who wins" but it didn't take long for me to start saying "Good grief, the Cards are getting screwed!"

Now where's that 'stir the pot' smilie when I need it... ;)

You've GOT to be kidding.

The Cardinals had 11 penalties for 106 yards. The Steelers 7 for 56.

The Cardinals, IIRC, led in 15 yard Penalties (Facemask, roughness, etc).

It was a great football game -- tempers flare, people get shoved around, guys get knocked to the ground and hit hard -- Welcome to the NFL.

But whining, "They were too rough" is just ridiculous -- or the mark of a Seahawks fan.

::looking for that same smilie::

Some of the Steelers penalties were ridiculously stupid. They didn't accomplish anything, and were just displays of poor sportsmanship. At least most of the Cardinals penalties were things that could often change the course of play. Not justifiable (they should just play better) but at least understandable.

Some of the Steelers penalties were ridiculously stupid. They didn't accomplish anything, and were just displays of poor sportsmanship. At least most of the Cardinals penalties were things that could often change the course of play. Not justifiable (they should just play better) but at least understandable.

^^^ What he said.

How many of the Steelers' penalties were on the sideline or away from the play? There were at least two flags for literally punching someone in the head. :sosp: That's not 'getting hyped up on adrenaline during the play', that's just being a thug. I have played football. I have grabbed a facemask while trying to drag someone down, I have held on a block too long, but I have NEVER gotten done with a play and decided to punch someone in the head. I have played basketball, and I was the instigator of the most "break it up guys" statements than any other player on our college team, but I've never hauled off and punched someone or looked around to see if the ref is looking and knock someone into the bleachers.

In reality, those penalties didn't contribue to the Cards being any closer to winning, but it said a lot about the Steelers players in my book.

:rollercoaster: :devil:

I don't follow football, I don't know anything about football, and in fact other than Super Bowl parties, football may as well not even exist as far as I'm concerned.

HOWEVUH. Kurt Warner, now he's a fine lookin' guy. I might have to start paying more attention to football now.

^^^ What he said.

How many of the Steelers' penalties were on the sideline or away from the play? There were at least two flags for literally punching someone in the head. :sosp:

Two.

Your point?

Sure -- Harrison got caught by the camera slamming a Card -- what we don't see is what preciptated it. That doesn't excuse the act, it just should be given context -- which television is notorious for avoiding.

I think it's remarkable that an act so henious was never flagged, nor is there any talk about fines.

Hmmmmm.....

One thing is absolutely certain -- we don't know the whole story.

As far as "being too rough" -- sheese. Wlecome to the AFC North. If you actually followed football you'd know there's only one way it's played up here, and the Steelers have been the toughest of the tough.

One of the roughest players in Pro football is Hines Ward -- he gets hit -- hard -- but you don't hear him whining.

Two.

Your point?

Sure -- Harrison got caught by the camera slamming a Card -- what we don't see is what preciptated it. That doesn't excuse the act, it just should be given context -- which television is notorious for avoiding.

I think it's remarkable that an act so henious was never flagged, nor is there any talk about fines.

Hmmmmm.....

One thing is absolutely certain -- we don't know the whole story.

As far as "being too rough" -- sheese. Wlecome to the AFC North. If you actually followed football you'd know there's only one way it's played up here, and the Steelers have been the toughest of the tough.

One of the roughest players in Pro football is Hines Ward -- he gets hit -- hard -- but you don't hear him whining.

Oh come on! I watched one of the defenders beating on a receiver after he ran the guy out of bounds! Stupid! And the refs were all over it. Heck, it was the focus of th e $%#^@!! cameras! He was out of bounds. The play was dead already! I didn't say they were heinous, just stupid.

Oh come on! I watched one of the defenders beating on a receiver after he ran the guy out of bounds! Stupid! And the refs were all over it. Heck, it was the focus of th e $%#^@!! cameras! He was out of bounds. The play was dead already! I didn't say they were heinous, just stupid.

Ike Taylor tangled up with Boldin and got shoved by a Cards player on the sidelines and got hit with a 15 yard penalty.

So?

Have you ever actually watched a football game? There really is a whole lot of shoving and other rough stuff going on all the time...

It's interesting when folks watch one game a year and then accuse one team or the other of "not playing fair."

Hunh?

Last edited:
You wanna know how tough James Harrison is?
  • If you have five dollars and James Harrison has five dollars, James Harrison has more money than you.
  • There is no 'ctrl' button on James Harrison's computer. James Harrison is always in control.
  • James Harrison can sneeze with his eyes open.
  • James Harrison can eat just one Lay's potato chip.
  • James Harrison destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
  • James Harrison can kill two stones with one bird.
  • When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for James Harrison.
  • James Harrison doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
  • There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures James Harrison has allowed to live.
  • James Harrison does not sleep. He waits.
  • James Harrison is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right arms.
  • James Harrison is the reason why Waldo is hiding.
  • James Harrison counted to infinity - twice.
  • When James Harrison does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.
  • James Harrison is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.
  • James Harrison doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.
  • James Harrison can slam a revolving door.
  • James Harrison does not get frostbite. James Harrison bites frost.
  • When James Harrison flies, the altimeter setting is 00.00. James Harrison is never under pressure
  • James Harrison has never landed with a cross-wind. The wind would never dare get cross with James Harrison
  • James Harrison doesn't shoot approaches, he kills them
  • If you become hypoxic during a flight, apologize to James Harrison and ask him to remove his foot from your throat
  • Mike Tyson tried to bite James Harrisons ear and broke a toof. James Harrison didnt notice.

Last edited:
A 100 yard run-back after a goal-line interception is a record.

Set by...

The Pittsburgh Defense.

It wasn't set, it was GIVEN to them by officals not calling an absolutely key, penalty grade HOLD by the Steelers early in the run, that was pivotal in gaining those points. See my previous post on this play and fire up the NFL network and watch the film and see for yourself, it's so plainly visible.

Lame way to run a game, and with a close score like that, not indicative of the "winner" being the superior players for that game.

That's pretty funny stuff.

• If you have five dollars and James Harrison has five dollars, James Harrison has more money than you.
  • There is no 'ctrl' button on James Harrison's computer. James Harrison is always in control.
  • James Harrison destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
  • When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for James Harrison.
  • James Harrison doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
  • There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures James Harrison has allowed to live.
  • James Harrison is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right arms.
  • When James Harrison does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.
  • James Harrison is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

It wasn't set, it was GIVEN to them by officals not calling an absolutely key, penalty grade HOLD by the Steelers early in the run, that was pivotal in gaining those points. See my previous post on this play and fire up the NFL network and watch the film and see for yourself, it's so plainly visible.

Lame way to run a game, and with a close score like that, not indicative of the "winner" being the superior players for that game.

Pittsburgh DECLINED the holding call on that very play -- Against ARIZONA.

Of course they would decline that.
Are you familar with the uncalled holding by Pittsburgh that I'm talking about?

Was it called?

No.

Was it an obvious missed call?

No.

Did James Harrison intercept a goal line pass and run it 100 yards for a touchdown (which field call was reviewed and confirmed by the replay Judge)?

Yes.

Nevertheless, if they called every hold in that and every other NFL game the sport would be called "Basketball."

Was it called?

No.

Was it an obvious missed call?

No.

Did James Harrison intercept a goal line pass and run it 100 yards for a touchdown (which field call was reviewed and confirmed by the replay Judge)?

Yes.

Nevertheless, if they called every hold in that and every other NFL game the sport would be called "Basketball."

I hear ya. All of the above are true except for it being an obvious missed call:

He grabs hold of the defender's jersy just under the collar and DRAGS the Card ALL the way from the runner's left to the runner's right, enabling the run to succeed. Watch the film and tell me you disagree.

• When James Harrison flies, the altimeter setting is 00.00. James Harrison is never under pressure
  • James Harrison has never landed with a cross-wind. The wind would never dare get cross with James Harrison
  • James Harrison doesn't shoot approaches, he kills them
  • If you become hypoxic during a flight, apologize to James Harrison and ask him to remove his foot from your throat
  • Mike Tyson tried to bite James Harrisons ear and broke a toof. James Harrison didnt notice.

But Chuck Norris could roundhouse kick James Harrison into next week, he just chooses not to :rofl:

Those would be funnier if they hadn't been plagiarized from http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

Great game. Good to see the Terrible Towel wave in triumph.

My favorite player as a kid was Jack Lambert. Hands down, the best. I cheered for the Eagles, but those Lambert was my favorite.

Both teams were chippy. That's the NFL these days. It is what it is, I really don't think the refs favored one or the other.

It would have been interesting to see how the Eagles secondary would have done with the Steelers receivers. Ultimately, though, I just don't see the Eagles offense moving the ball against them; certainly nothing like Warner did. THe Cards deserved to be in the game. They sure didn't play like a 9-7 team. Great effort from both teams.

Great game. Good to see the Terrible Towel wave in triumph.

My favorite player as a kid was Jack Lambert. Hands down, the best. I cheered for the Eagles, but those Lambert was my favorite.

Both teams were chippy. That's the NFL these days. It is what it is, I really don't think the refs favored one or the other.

It would have been interesting to see how the Eagles secondary would have done with the Steelers receivers. Ultimately, though, I just don't see the Eagles offense moving the ball against them; certainly nothing like Warner did. THe Cards deserved to be in the game. They sure didn't play like a 9-7 team. Great effort from both teams.

That's what I kept thinking: "This team lost 7 games? And they're playing like that against the Steelers?"

Great game.

I don't follow football, I don't know anything about football, and in fact other than Super Bowl parties, football may as well not even exist as far as I'm concerned.

HOWEVUH. Kurt Warner, now he's a fine lookin' guy. I might have to start paying more attention to football now.

His wife ain't nothing to scoff at either.

You take Kurt, I'll take his wife, and we'll all be happier people :D

His wife ain't nothing to scoff at either.

You take Kurt, I'll take his wife, and we'll all be happier people :D
And it looked like his daughter (probably his oldest) was sitting next to his wife. I'll take her, kthx. :D

And it looked like his daughter (probably his oldest) was sitting next to his wife. I'll take her, kthx. :D

You know they're serious bible-thumpers. They wouldn't give a latte-swilling Lincoln Park liberal like yourself the time of day, even if you didn't live in your parent's basement.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

There's that joke again. It's killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(You know I'm just foolin' with ya!!:D:D)

You know they're serious bible-thumpers. They wouldn't give a latte-swilling Lincoln Park liberal like yourself the time of day, even if you didn't live in your parent's basement.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

There's that joke again. It's killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(You know I'm just foolin' with ya!!:D:D)
You're right... The Bible-thumper chicks don't give my type the time of day. They give us bl -- nevermind.

:D

even if you didn't live in your parent's basement.

Funny that you mention this. When Kurt first got married, he was working as a bagger at a local grocery store and they were living in his in-laws' basement.

You're right... The Bible-thumper chicks don't give my type the time of day. They give us bl -- nevermind.

:D

REALLY??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mayhaps I should have paid them more attention.........

Funny that you mention this. When Kurt first got married, he was working as a bagger at a local grocery store and they were living in his in-laws' basement.

I'll say this much: I have absolutely NO doubt that it is a marriage based on love.

REALLY??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mayhaps I should have paid them more attention.........

Religion isn't about not sinning - It's about feeling bad after you do.

If Jesus died for our sins, dare we make his martyrdom meaningless by not committing them? :D :D :D

Back