Go, no go questions

now just remember bill, the critical factor in the weather being crappy this weekend was that you were going to be flying.

*Updated Sunday forecast for Hilton Head*

Clear, Sunny, 75 degF, 75% relative humidity, 100 miles visibility

tonycondon said:
now just remember bill, the critical factor in the weather being crappy this weekend was that you were going to be flying.

*Updated Sunday forecast for Hilton Head*

Clear, Sunny, 75 degF, 75% relative humidity, 100 miles visibility

Well, I still have the 182 for Sunday afternoon, so if it does rain, I'll go somewhere and get some actual.

Henning said:
You *could* always send her home on Greyhound.....

And with that, there would be a 30% chance of her being there when you got home.

Henning said:
You *could* always send her home on Greyhound.....
BTDT. We were on our way home to Denver from a trip to the Grand Canyon. Thunderstorms stopped us in Albuquerque. My wife had an important meeting the next morning and, after checking for airline flights, elected to take the bus. The bus stopped in a lot of places along the way and, as I recall the trip took something like 7-9 hours.

After she left, I hung out at the FBO commiserating with other pilots who had diverted or were being delayed by the weather. As the weather began clearing to the west (the wrong way for me) pilots heading that way began to leave.

One asked me, "So, what are your plans?"

My reply, "I'm staying overnight even if the weather turns great. There's no way I'm getting home before her."

One of the smarter moves in my marriage.

midlifeflyer said:
BTDT. We were on our way home to Denver from a trip to the Grand Canyon. Thunderstorms stopped us in Albuquerque. My wife had an important meeting the next morning and, after checking for airline flights, elected to take the bus. The bus stopped in a lot of places along the way and, as I recall the trip took something like 7-9 hours.

After she left, I hung out at the FBO commiserating with other pilots who had diverted or were being delayed by the weather. As the weather began clearing to the west (the wrong way for me) pilots heading that way began to leave.

One asked me, "So, what are your plans?"

My reply, "I'm staying overnight even if the weather turns great. There's no way I'm getting home before her."

Possibly your life even...

midlifeflyer said:

Wow... I will definitely add that to my ever-growing list of things to be careful of! haha

-Chris

yea chris, maybe we shouldve had supper in pella or something and let rachel get a head start!

It's a capable airplane, you seem to be proficient in it. As long as you are playing the "what if" game honestly, you should go.

Bill Jennings said:
Hmmm, I've gotten it every time I've requested when coming back from the coast to CHA. Maybe becasue ATC knows we use it to duck in south of the mountains?
That's the same as my outbound. They use it to get planes away from the Bravo area. Bet you couldn't get it coming back from the coast and turning south or southwest.
Sorry you couldn't make the flight this wknd. Sure was beautiful in the Atlanta area today.

Back