Go back to china, spammers!

farminpilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Willie
Wow they really went all out on this forum. I feel bad for the moderators it will take considerable time to fix this mess.

I feel bad for the moderators it will take considerable time to fix this mess.

Actually I don't think it's that bad of a task. During a previous attack, Jason said:

FYI, in instances like last night...you only need to report one of them. We just click one button to clean it all up. It'll find everything.

He must have stayed up partying late last night and hasn't seen the mess yet.

What I dont understand is the number of folks that click and view them!
And then their were two that actually posted to them,,, one guy did it twice!!

Wow they really went all out on this forum. I feel bad for the moderators it will take considerable time to fix this mess.

Actually I don't think it's that bad of a task. During a previous attack, Jason said:

He must have stayed up partying late last night and hasn't seen the mess yet.

Yeah, it isn't that bad. We just click a "Spam" button and it deletes all of a user's threads and posts and bans them and submits their IP to our spam checking provider so that IP would now be burned for use on other forums. They also could no longer use that IP to register here.

Yeah, it isn't that bad. We just click a "Spam" button and it deletes all of a user's threads and posts and bans them and submits their IP to our spam checking provider so that IP would now be burned for use on other forums. They also could no longer use that IP to register here.

We also inject their user information into the TSA No-Fly database and use reverse-IP technology to pump Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" at max volume through their computer speakers for 48 hours non-stop.

Nah... pump 'em with some Tiny Tim and his ukulele....:confused:

Why does the software even allow someone to make 20 identical posts ?

Why does the software even allow someone to make 20 identical posts ?
They're not identical. They were using multiple accounts and advertising for many different universities.

They're not identical. They were using multiple accounts and advertising for many different universities.

Eh, it's all chinese to me ;-)

Disabling non-latin character sets would be another restriction that would block this particular brand of spam.

Also disabling access from all AP domains/IPs would work awesomely.
However, our admins yet have to learn the advantage of that tactic. This is a ’murcan forum, for Pete's sake. :(

And again, just woke up, couldn't sleep, and it appears as if there are still many diplomas that I'm missing. One from each university in the world would look good hanging on the wall. ;)

Back