GNX 375 or GNC 355

Lowe Approach

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Lowe Approach
So this is a followup question to my earlier question about GI 275s in a non standard panel arrangement. Lots of good feedback on that thread, so thanks again everyone for the advice.

I think I'm convinced that I want dual GI 275s to replace my vacuum gauges. I also want a GPS in my stack. But cant decide what is a better option, the GNC 355 GPS/Com or the GNX 375 GPS/Transponder?

Here is the list of factors in the decision as I see them but any input would be great.

Photo attached for reference. Currently, Ive got 2 MX170C Nav/Coms that are really only 2 years old, and a Garmin GTX 327 transponder with GDL 82 for adsb out that is about 7 years old. I'm getting adsb in from a Stratus 3 to an I pad with Foreflight.

I think I want to replace one of the MX170C Nav/Com with a Garmin GNC 355 GPS / Com.

But perhaps it would be better to replace the Garmin GTX 327 transponder with a GNX 375 GPS/Transponder. Is there any advantage?

Can I use the existing King KI 209 Nav indicator along side of the GNC 355 or the GNX 375 maybe with a switch that goes between GPS/NAV so I can keep the VOR functionality but switch to gps if I want? I'm not sure if that is even useful or necessary with the GI 275

Any thoughts on which of those 2 GPS units would be a better option? I think I may get more money for my MX170C as a removal but ultimately its about what functions better. And I believe the 375 is about a grand more.

Attachments

• IMG-8496.jpg
    IMG-8496.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG-8498.jpg
    IMG-8498.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Panel & gps.JPG
    Panel & gps.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 53
  • Options.JPG
    Options.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 49
I have 275s connected to both a 375 and KX165. Switching is internal to the 275, just select source at the bottom of the screen. You can also have a bearing pointer selectable for VOR or GPS. Independent of what the HSI is doing the bearing point will either point to the next waypoint or the VOR. I use a PAR200B audio panel/com for com 2.
The 275s Bluetooth with an iPad with Foreflight or Garmin Pilot. Will trade flight plans back and forth. With Garmin Pilot you can also wireless update databases in the 275 and 375.
I think your radio will work as my KX165 but you need to make certain with a radio shop.
0AA101DD-FB3C-4535-9548-3F308E47DDAC.jpeg

Last edited:
The GNX375 will give you ADSB In/Out whereas now you have just ADSB out with the 327. The PAR200B looks like a nice add with the GNX375 as it gives you the missing com radio and combines an audio panel.

Anyone know where to get a GNX-375? They seem to be backordered to next summer :/

I have a GNX375 coupled with two G5's and a Par200B for my panel/com. Love the setup. My GNX chats with Garmin pilot just fine and so my IPAD is pretty neat addition as well for the ADSB in being slighty bigger. for my aging eyes. GNX screen is great, but a little small at times in busy airspace with lots of targets. Wish I could afford the 275's but poor gonna be poor.

My vote is for the 375 so that you can hardwire an Aera 760 to it and get a very nice display of traffic, weather, and a moving map along with many other things. It is sort of a poor man’s txi.

You will love the 275s.

Last edited:
I’d get the one with the transponder so you have a adsb in/out from a single source. I too would like to do a similar setup one day in my C170.

Back