Garmin 355 vs 375

Leo Langston

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
llangston1
For those that have used or installed either the 355 or 375 is there any preference other than price? Does one work any better than the other in terms of reliability. I am considering either a 355 and continue to use my existing Stratus ESG xpndr for ADS-B on my iPad or get a 375 and get ADS-B on my new PFD/MFD but continue to use my old Narco MK12Ds for Navcoms.
Any comments, suggestions?

On the GNC355, you lose the CDI and the "Flight Plan" button above it.
upload_2021-9-17_10-36-19.png

That "Flight Plan" button can be rather useful since it can turn into this and show your active leg:
upload_2021-9-17_10-38-19.png
Also, in many situations the knob on the GNC355 is dedicated to changing frequencies. On the GNX375, that knob is freed up to do other useful things like switch pages, input letters, toggling the data fields on/off, etc.

My thinking - as this is a navigation computer, it seems to make sense to have a navigation radio (in addition to GPS of course) included. The only option for that I believe is the 650, which also gives you a new com radio. And yes, it is more expensive.

What indicators are you planning to connect it to? Is this for IFR operations?

If you have a GTN, it can control the radio in the 355
That’s good to hear! I have a GTN 750 and am waiting my turn to replace my com2 / nav2 with the 355. sometime between November and January. The avionics shop I’m using is well respected but has a long waiting list.

That’s good to hear! I have a GTN 750 and am waiting my turn to replace my com2 / nav2 with the 355. sometime between November and January. The avionics shop I’m using is well respected but has a long waiting list.
All the good shops have a wait but it's worth it. I put in a pretty extensive Garmin panel last year and my shop was great. They took hours out of their day to show me how it all worked on several occasions. They let me use their GPU to learn things and get the user programming set up. They answered every one of my many emails next day. Impeccable service is worth the wait!

Back