GNS 530W Demo mode

wrbix

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Pilot Lite
I’ve searched Garmin Manual, Google, YouTube, etc to no clear answer. How to get GNS 530W into Demo mode for knob turning in the hangar?
Found one vague reference in 430 to push <ENTER> twice on startup; another to powering up while holding down Direct To key
Any experience here before I get myself somewhere in the logic where I don’t want to be?...and how to get out of Demo mode once I get there (I’m assuming just power off)

Seems Garmin really doesn’t want this information widely known.

Didn’t know it had that functionality....just download the desk top simulator and be done with it.

Didn’t know it had that functionality....just download the desk top simulator and be done with it.
Ive got the desktop sim - but find it a PITA to use, not at all like really twisting knobs. I also think Demo mode will help Teresa become more comfortable w frequency changes, etc as “unindicted copilot”.

I have a 430w. Was think about doing the same thing. But I got a bit nervous about powering up gps while in plane for a longer period of time.
We keep the battery hooked up to a trickle charger.

N4524B has a ground power outlet/circuit.
I’ve emailed Garmin support, and if history repeats should hear from them tomorrow. Let y’all know.

The method I remember mentioned on the installation manual was that 2 pins on one of the connectors had to be jumpered. And it was only designed for a dock like you'd use in a flight school and those wires were supposed to be unconnected in an actual aircraft.

I think you need to put it into a docking station to get that functionality.

Garmin Support confirms Demo Mode cannot be accessed in panel.
Sh...ucks.

Back