Ghost Peppers

poadeleted21

Touchdown! Greaser!
I have a feeling I'm going to regret eating these in the morning more than I already do tonight :yikes: :mad3:

I have a feeling I'm going to regret eating these in the morning more than I already do tonight :yikes: :mad3:

Why......why would you do that? I mean, I've accidently eaten a habanero...and that was bad enough. I couldn't imagine a ghost pepper.

I am betting ol Bart watched one too many episodes on the Food network that covered hot peppers..:yesnod::yesnod::hairraise::eek:

6409cbfd36dcda6e787e933a50442bcdb9389d99.gif

I made fajitas tonight, I like spicy stuff, I can hang with any New (or old) Mexican. Always get the Blazin' at BW3. I tossed em' in the salsa. Really wasn't that bad for the first couple of bites, then OWW! but I had smothered my fajitas in it, and I wasn't backing down.

Ice cream...lots of ice cream...

I love ghost peppers!

I have a bottle of ghost pepper sauce that even my buddy Roberto from Mexico can't handle. The first time I let him try some, he let off a string of words that I couldn't quite make out, even though I'm reasonably fluent in Spanish. I do remember some mention of "going green," or "green go," or something along those lines...

-Rich

as in: "green go loco" ??

He mentioned something about some woman, too. I think her name was "Mary Cohen," or something like that.

-Rich

Well that's not so bad then. As long as he doesn't say something like "green ga" or "Sue Maudray" yer okay...

Pick up some popsicles at the 7-11. You're gonna need em.

Never had ghost peppers. Mrs. Steingar brought hime these little white habaneros from the market last summer. Looked like this:

whitehab6kg.jpg

300,000 on the scoville scale (your average banana pepper is in the hundreds). The only problem was they imparted a bitter taste to everything, and I wound up throwing bunch out.

Apparently these ghost peppers top the scale of the scoville chart, so I might have to lay my hands on some.

Apparently these ghost peppers top the scale of the scoville chart, so I might have to lay my hands on some.
Wear rubber gloves when you do. Really. And maybe a gas mask when cooking, like Guy Fieri and the chef did when he did a Chinese place that used them on Triple-D.

Heck, even using serrano peppers I went to use the boys room, and it's one of those times you want to wash your hands BEFORE you go pee.

Wear rubber gloves when you do. Really. And maybe a gas mask when cooking, like Guy Fieri and the chef did when he did a Chinese place that used them on Triple-D.

I cook habaneros all the time, and these ghost peppers are in a similar ballpark. Problem is you don't want to use too much if you want anyone else to eat it, and too much in most dishes is the tiniest little amount.

I'll have to whip up some fiery salsa for wings, if I can lay my hands on some good peppers. Might be fun to watch.

No word from Rusty this AM, let's all hope everything comes out all right,er I mean turns out all right.

I made it. My Name is Bart BTW, I put the Rusty Shackleford up as a joke when there were a couple of "computer privacy/big brother" threads going on. Rusty Shackleford is the name Dale Gribble uses in King of the Hill anytime he's near a computer due to paranoia of "The Machine" .

I cook habaneros all the time, and these ghost peppers are in a similar ballpark. Problem is you don't want to use too much if you want anyone else to eat it, and too much in most dishes is the tiniest little amount.
Agreed. Habeneros add a lovely citrus flavor, but must be used in moderation.
I'll have to whip up some fiery salsa for wings, if I can lay my hands on some good peppers. Might be fun to watch.
We have a large Latino population here on the Shore, so habeneros (usually orange) are always available in the regular supermarkets.

Cut away the white stuff, remove the seeds and use only the the outer skins and eating those things is a bit easier. You may need the gloves when performing the pepper surgery (and don't touch your eyes). Capsaicin in concentrated in the white pith surrounding the seeds.

Agreed. Habeneros add a lovely citrus flavor, but must be used in moderation.

We have a large Latino population here on the Shore, so habeneros (usually orange) are always available in the regular supermarkets.

We can get them here, though the supermarket variety leave a bit to be desired. The peppers I get at the farmers' markets are far superior. Never seen ghost peppers, though.

Cut away the white stuff, remove the seeds and use only the the outer skins and eating those things is a bit easier. You may need the gloves when performing the pepper surgery (and don't touch your eyes). Capsaicin in concentrated in the white pith surrounding the seeds.

In for a penny, in for a pound. But eating peppers is useful only for brute displays of virile pulchritude. Cooking with them, on the other hand...

And I've see cops mace their eggs before eating them...

Habaneros are yummy, love the flavor. I just can't stand heat for heats sake.

As long as I clear the seeds out and eat any of them. They'll burn me going down, but not kill me coming out.

I look forward to meeting you Michael but please understand if I decline your salsa at wings. I am the kind of wimp that thinks onions are spicy.

Hell yeah!
(And sauerkraut too?? Please! :) )

I like just about anything hot and spicy, but there are limits. However. BRING IT ON!

Back