Ghost Peppers

Probably not the kind of thing that capsaicin novices should first try the night before they fly home, I suspect...

-Rich

I was referring to the the sauerkraut, which requires roughly a month to ferment. I myself am no novice to capsaicin (congrats on a term I had to look up).

Note that this thread is one of the reasons that New Mexican public bathrooms are as disgusting as they are.

I don't think its possible to produce solid stool after eating any hot pepper (Green Chile, up through Ghost).

I was referring to the the sauerkraut, which requires roughly a month to ferment. I myself am no novice to capsaicin (congrats on a term I had to look up).

Thank you. I'm honored.

-Rich

Wow, and you called yourself a pepper guy?:rofl:

Please tell me you know what unit is used to measure heat of peppers...:D

Wow, and you called yourself a pepper guy?:rofl:

Don't recall labeling myself an expert, but I do cook quite a bit with chills. Never heard of ghost chills before this thread. don't really need them, the local habaneros are already too hot for my spouse, and almost too hot for me.

Please tell me you know what unit is used to measure heat of peppers...:D

I thought it was Scoville Heat Units.

Last edited:
You have redeemed yourself

And in fairness I only knew capsaicin because of mace so...

I accidentally created a hybrid pepper once. I had a row of bells planted next to a row of habaneros, and a few cross-pollinated. The resultant peppers were quite different. The habs were rather dull in flavor, but the bells were very flavorful, with both fruitiness and a decent amount of kick to them.

The seeds, however, never germinated, which surprised me since both are in the genus Capsicum. I figured the seeds would be fertile.

-Rich

I accidentally created a hybrid pepper once. I had a row of bells planted next to a row of habaneros, and a few cross-pollinated. The resultant peppers were quite different. The habs were rather dull in flavor, but the bells were very flavorful, with both fruitiness and a decent amount of kick to them.

The seeds, however, never germinated, which surprised me since both are in the genus Capsicum. I figured the seeds would be fertile.

-Rich

Lots of genuses (genii?) can mate and have sterile offspring.
Horses and donkeys
Lions and tigers (bred for skills and magic)
it only makes sense plants have sterile offspring like that as well.

Back