Getting rrreeealllyyy close to pulling the trigger....

ActiveAir

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ActiveAir
on a Comanche. If I could get an insurance quote that's in this atmosphere, I might make an offer on Monday......:fcross: Some nice planes out there. I'm not sleeping much. If I go it alone, I'll have to have a CFI glued to my hip for a while until I can get some history. Seems like the Comanche fits the bill for everything I need. A couple ins. quotes so far have been mind numbing...$4-5k. I'm looking for just a bit lower, and I'll jump. :target::) Got the hardest part done........wife's on board with the buy. :goofy:

Remember that your insurance is going to go down quickly as you get your private and get more hours in type. Your instrument rating is going to help a lot, too.

If the Comanche is what you want and you've done the necessary research on it (and hopefully had a very thorough pre-buy inspection on this plane), I would not let the insurance price get to me, just make it a priority to build up hours and get your ratings and you'll see it drop.

On the Mooney I fly (an M20F), we have four people on the insurnace policy. One of them is a 20 year old kid with under 90 hours total, and no instrument rating (according to the insurance company, the lowest person on the totem pole of insurance is what dictates the price). I don't recall the exact insurance cost, but it is a fraction of what you've been quoted, as in under half. I'd suspect you'll see a similar drop in price within a year or two.

As I said before, I've flown my instructor's Comanche 180 and I really enjoy it as a plane. For a while, I was considering a Comanche 250/260. However, it really doesn't fit my mission profile. But, my mission profile is a lot different than what I think yours is.

Remember that your insurance is going to go down quickly as you get your private and get more hours in type. Your instrument rating is going to help a lot, too.

If the Comanche is what you want and you've done the necessary research on it (and hopefully had a very thorough pre-buy inspection on this plane), I would not let the insurance price get to me, just make it a priority to build up hours and get your ratings and you'll see it drop.

On the Mooney I fly (an M20F), we have four people on the insurnace policy. One of them is a 20 year old kid with under 90 hours total, and no instrument rating (according to the insurance company, the lowest person on the totem pole of insurance is what dictates the price). I don't recall the exact insurance cost, but it is a fraction of what you've been quoted, as in under half. I'd suspect you'll see a similar drop in price within a year or two.

As I said before, I've flown my instructor's Comanche 180 and I really enjoy it as a plane. For a while, I was considering a Comanche 250/260. However, it really doesn't fit my mission profile. But, my mission profile is a lot different than what I think yours is.

Yep, will have a completed pre-buy, a ton of my own legwork, and some great advice from the various forums - thanks. I am prepared to pay more initially, and have already lined up an instructor that can give me training in the Comanche while I rack time, get the hp/complex/IR. I'm hoping to fly a lot. My primary mission will be taking family of four to lake house 240 miles each way. Other than that, just other adventure flying. Thanks for your input...:D

sweet.

This Cherokee 140 owner was looking at a late model Comanche 260 a few
day before 9/11...

on a Comanche. If I could get an insurance quote that's in this atmosphere, I might make an offer on Monday......:fcross: Some nice planes out there. I'm not sleeping much. If I go it alone, I'll have to have a CFI glued to my hip for a while until I can get some history. Seems like the Comanche fits the bill for everything I need. A couple ins. quotes so far have been mind numbing...$4-5k. I'm looking for just a bit lower, and I'll jump. :target::) Got the hardest part done........wife's on board with the buy. :goofy:

I got a quote from Avemco for a Comanche 250: $2660 for me. I think the numbers I gave them were 500TT and 40 retract time. They give you fairly sizable discounts after 50 hours retract and 50 hours time in type IIRC, and Avemco DOES pro-rate - Call them up as soon as you've hit their next milestone (and if you ask, they'll tell you what it is), and they'll pro-rate the rest of the term. So, buy that bird, fly the hell out of it (can ya get 50 hours in the first month? :D) and then call and get the rate reduced. :yes:

They give you fairly sizable discounts after 50 hours retract and 50 hours time in type IIRC, and Avemco DOES pro-rate - Call them up as soon as you've hit their next milestone (and if you ask, they'll tell you what it is), and they'll pro-rate the rest of the term.
That's exactly what I did.

(can ya get 50 hours in the first month? :D)
It didn't take me a lot longer than that...

So, buy that bird, fly the hell out of it (can ya get 50 hours in the first month? :D)

My highest hour month so far was 37 in the Archer during the month of August. That was when I flew to 6Y9, and happened to have a bunch of other big hour items all at once (fly mom to Virginia, get instrument rating, family reunion, etc.).

It's probably not realistic, especially at what I believe the OP's level is, to do quite that many hours in the first month, but flying the hell out of it is a good idea.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Comanche is a hotter bird than the 172 or Cherokee you are likely training in. Keep in mind that this will require an additional level of practice to remain proficient, at least at first. So, you are really going to want to go out and fly a lot, especially doing the hard kind of work (pattern work, approaches from altitude, etc.) since that is where the plane gets much harder to fly. For example, in the Mooney I fly, I have 20 hours in it so far (195 hours total time). I flew it a lot at first, but the past few weeks I haven't been flying as much because there hasn't been a need, and I don't normally fly just for the sake of burning AvGas. Last week I flew it a few times, and I've already noted the rust forming. So, today I'm going to take the thing up for a few hours and knock the rust off. However when I was flying the 172 and the Archer, I could go weeks at a time and just jump back in and not notice nearly as much rust.

That's not a deterrant, though, just an observation from my experience that may apply to you. :)

Comanches are great planes. Good luck!

Comanche is a good plane. A bit slower than a comparable Bo on more fuel, but still a good platform. I don't recall if I suggested this, but you can go with Liability only coverage. Not a good plan if you're using the plane for training though. You may want to investigate taking your first 8 hours in a Piper trainer. The landing learning curve is very steep for the first 30ish landings. Might save you some mx on your plane.

My highest hour month so far was 37 in the Archer during the month of August.

Jeez Ted, get with the program! I flew 73.6 hours in August! :D

2.2 bringing Troy into OSH, 4.5 flying Rod Rakic of CAPblog fame back to MDW and heading up to CAD, 0.4 of splash 'n' goes in the Super Cub, 2.6 coming home, and 63.9 for the west coast trip. Whee! :goofy: (I also logged 1.5 in the sim shooting approaches that I didn't count above.)

You have been temporarily dethroned as the excessive-GA-flying champion. :D

(I had 5.7 hours on two trips in September and 9.7 hours finishing off my Commercial earlier this month - I bet ya beat that.)

Edit: I just looked, and despite the crazy August, I'm at 122.4 hours for the year so far. 2005 I had 120, 2006 I had 130, 2007 I had 170 - Don't think I'm gonna beat that this year. :no:

Last edited:
Kent, given the number of hours you have consistently racked up over the past few years, I seriously doubt that I can hope to keep up... but who knows what the future will bring, especially if I end up getting something super cheap to operate and fast. ;)

Kent, given the number of hours you have consistently racked up over the past few years, I seriously doubt that I can hope to keep up... but who knows what the future will bring, especially if I end up getting something super cheap to operate and fast. ;)

And you're talking about buying a cabin-class twin. You're worse than me and my fantasy twin-amphib-tailwheel-aerobatic-pressurized-10gph-300kt airplane. :rofl:

Here you go:

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/clsfdspecs/811308

Grab that, and use it when you don't need the 340. :goofy:

And you're talking about buying a cabin-class twin. You're worse than me and my fantasy twin-amphib-tailwheel-aerobatic-pressurized-10gph-300kt airplane.

Other than the amphib part, that's pretty much what I want. ;)

Here you go:

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/clsfdspecs/811308

Grab that, and use it when you don't need the 340. :goofy:

Believe me, the thought has crossed my mind to get one of those in addition to (or rather instead of) the twin. I'll not make up my mind until I end up going ahead and buying something, and then I'll have it so that's what I'll fly.

The only downside to the 320/360 series is that it for you and your luggage or you and a friend, and not much luggage. It wouldn't have enough room for my trip to 6Y9, given the fact that I stopped and picked someone up. It wouldn't have had enough room for my cooler, either.

If only the IV-Ps didn't cost so much...

If only I could make up my mind...

If I only had a brain... :D

Last edited:
I got a quote from Avemco for a Comanche 250: $2660 for me. I think the numbers I gave them were 500TT and 40 retract time. They give you fairly sizable discounts after 50 hours retract and 50 hours time in type IIRC, and Avemco DOES pro-rate - Call them up as soon as you've hit their next milestone (and if you ask, they'll tell you what it is), and they'll pro-rate the rest of the term. So, buy that bird, fly the hell out of it (can ya get 50 hours in the first month? :D) and then call and get the rate reduced. :yes:

Thanks, I will keep this in mind. I am getting some complex in an Arrow 180. I plan to rack the time as quick as I can so I can get to flying the plane in it's intended use. Plus, I'll be training for IR in it.

My highest hour month so far was 37 in the Archer during the month of August. That was when I flew to 6Y9, and happened to have a bunch of other big hour items all at once (fly mom to Virginia, get instrument rating, family reunion, etc.).

It's probably not realistic, especially at what I believe the OP's level is, to do quite that many hours in the first month, but flying the hell out of it is a good idea.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Comanche is a hotter bird than the 172 or Cherokee you are likely training in. Keep in mind that this will require an additional level of practice to remain proficient, at least at first. So, you are really going to want to go out and fly a lot, especially doing the hard kind of work (pattern work, approaches from altitude, etc.) since that is where the plane gets much harder to fly. For example, in the Mooney I fly, I have 20 hours in it so far (195 hours total time). I flew it a lot at first, but the past few weeks I haven't been flying as much because there hasn't been a need, and I don't normally fly just for the sake of burning AvGas. Last week I flew it a few times, and I've already noted the rust forming. So, today I'm going to take the thing up for a few hours and knock the rust off. However when I was flying the 172 and the Archer, I could go weeks at a time and just jump back in and not notice nearly as much rust.

That's not a deterrant, though, just an observation from my experience that may apply to you. :)

Yep, def. different that the 172. I flew a Comanche 250 today and loved it. I flew various maneuvers and a couple approaches to final. No big deal. Just have to stay ahead of it. I'll be cautious in my flying, as always. It'll be tough to get back in a 172, until I get rated in my plane.

Comanches are great planes. Good luck!

Thanks. I'm really building quite a respect for them myself.

Comanche is a good plane. A bit slower than a comparable Bo on more fuel, but still a good platform. I don't recall if I suggested this, but you can go with Liability only coverage. Not a good plan if you're using the plane for training though. You may want to investigate taking your first 8 hours in a Piper trainer. The landing learning curve is very steep for the first 30ish landings. Might save you some mx on your plane.

I'm doing some training in an Arrow, and while it's not as fast, I'm learning the complex thing, and then I'll learn to deal with the speed. I felt pretty comfortable in a Comanche today, although I didn't land her completely. With the owner flying it, we did a 200 mph pass at about 20ft over the runway. Yeah, I like the plane. Probably won't do that with the wife, however.

Yep, def. different that the 172. I flew a Comanche 250 today and loved it. I flew various maneuvers and a couple approaches to final. No big deal. Just have to stay ahead of it. I'll be cautious in my flying, as always. It'll be tough to get back in a 172, until I get rated in my plane.

If you get the plane, I would switch all training over to it. It will make your training more applicable to the flying you're going to do (which is in that plane) and help you get closer to your goal of building a bunch of hours in type faster. Really, it makes the most sense. Besides, having more time with an instructor in the plane is a good thing. :)

The only downside to the 320/360 series is that it for you and your luggage or you and a friend, and not much luggage. It wouldn't have enough room for my trip to 6Y9, given the fact that I stopped and picked someone up.

Well, if you'd have had the Lancair you'd have gotten to 6Y9 so fast that you could have dropped off your stuff, flew back to pick her up, and still get back up there earlier than you did with the Archer. :rofl:

Well, if you'd have had the Lancair you'd have gotten to 6Y9 so fast that you could have dropped off your stuff, flew back to pick her up, and still get back up there earlier than you did with the Archer. :rofl:

I don't know what's scarier, the fact that that's true, or the fact that I thought up the same thing as I was typing that response, and I knew that you were going to say it! :rofl:

We think too much alike sometimes, Kent. :eek:

Wow, was thinking I'd be wiring a deposit right this very moment, but all of a sudden, not able to get a hold of broker representing airplane, and did not receive comfirming call this morning as promised. We're in the midst of negotiations, and I am can't help but wonder if another offer is on the table. In my opinion, if that turns out to be the case, I will be one unhappy individual. I don't know about the airplane sales business, but in most other business/sales I've done, this would be unethical without full disclosure to all the parties.

The broker I am dealing with has been above par until now. I hope that I am just jumping the gun, and that the broker is tying up the loose ends. Again, I think this broker is outstanding with their perceived approach, but I guess we'll see. I'll post how things turn out.

Wow, was thinking I'd be wiring a deposit right this very moment, but all of a sudden, not able to get a hold of broker representing airplane, and did not receive comfirming call this morning as promised. We're in the midst of negotiations, and I am can't help but wonder if another offer is on the table. In my opinion, if that turns out to be the case, I will be one unhappy individual. I don't know about the airplane sales business, but in most other business/sales I've done, this would be unethical without full disclosure to all the parties.

The broker I am dealing with has been above par until now. I hope that I am just jumping the gun, and that the broker is tying up the loose ends. Again, I think this broker is outstanding with their perceived approach, but I guess we'll see. I'll post how things turn out.

If you don't have a deposit with the broker and a signed contract, then the aircraft is still on the market.

I've sold numerous aircraft over the years and I can't begin to count the people (not saying you are like this mind you) that would "negotiate" and not want to sign a contract or put down a deposit and expect me to pull the aircraft off market while they made up their mind.

As they say, "money talks, .......".

Hope it does work out for you though.

If you don't have a deposit with the broker and a signed contract, then the aircraft is still on the market.

I've sold numerous aircraft over the years and I can't begin to count the people (not saying you are like this mind you) that would "negotiate" and not want to sign a contract or put down a deposit and expect me to pull the aircraft off market while they made up their mind.

As they say, "money talks, .......".

Hope it does work out for you though.

I've got the money, and could put it all in escrow if need be. I could close on this thing in a day on my side. I know what you're saying, but I think anything less than disclosure to all parties, is unprofessional no matter what you're selling. Aside from that, no disclosure of other offers probably leaves money on the table. Not a good strategy from a sellers' stand point. I just look for honest dealings.

I've got the money, and could put it all in escrow if need be. I could close on this thing in a day on my side. I know what you're saying, but I think anything less than disclosure to all parties, is unprofessional no matter what you're selling. Aside from that, no disclosure of other offers probably leaves money on the table. Not a good strategy from a sellers' stand point. I just look for honest dealings.

I understand what you are saying, but also realize in the aircraft market there are alot of dreamers and people who really can't afford to get into it. Without a contract or deposit it's just all talk.

What I use to do was offer a contract with several conditions, such as provisions for obtaining financing and insurance. Also the standard provisions of aircraft passing a pre-buy survey.

I would also require a deposit to remove the aircraft from the market. If you could not obtain insurance or financing or the aircraft didn't meet your specs in the pre-buy, you got your deposit back. This eliminated many of the tire kickers and showed that the buyer was truly interested. This is also commonly done in the yacht world as well.

Like I said, hope it works out for you and you get the plane you want. Just be ready for the first year expenditures. I've always advised people to plan on spending 10% of the aircraft's sale price in the first year.

I understand what you are saying, but also realize in the aircraft market there are alot of dreamers and people who really can't afford to get into it. Without a contract or deposit it's just all talk.

What I use to do was offer a contract with several conditions, such as provisions for obtaining financing and insurance. Also the standard provisions of aircraft passing a pre-buy survey.

I would also require a deposit to remove the aircraft from the market. If you could not obtain insurance or financing or the aircraft didn't meet your specs in the pre-buy, you got your deposit back. This eliminated many of the tire kickers and showed that the buyer was truly interested. This is also commonly done in the yacht world as well.

Like I said, hope it works out for you and you get the plane you want. Just be ready for the first year expenditures. I've always advised people to plan on spending 10% of the aircraft's sale price in the first year.

yep, I've been woring on the purchase of this plane in re: to ins., maint., hangar, etc. and it's a big bite that first year. Ins. in particular, but I plan to get on quickly with the ratings and flying history. I will not be a happy camper if this deal isn't seen through.

While it's easy to get excited about this sort of thing, remember two things:

1) Patience is a virtue :)

2) If the plane does get sold to someone else (not saying it is) there are other ones out there, and probably others that are better deals

So far I've been in your situation more than once, and may be in it again right as I type this where I'm ready to pull the trigger on the plane, and the other party has somehow not come through. Unfortunately, like buying cars or houses (more like houses), these sorts of frustrations do exist. However, I'm a strong believer that the right item, regardless of what it is, will come through and you'll be able to buy it.

So, just be patient (but do make sure to follow up with the broker in a timely manner, etc.) and see what happens. And let us know, too - I want to see pictures of your bird once you buy it. :)

While it's easy to get excited about this sort of thing, remember two things:

1) Patience is a virtue :)

2) If the plane does get sold to someone else (not saying it is) there are other ones out there, and probably others that are better deals

So far I've been in your situation more than once, and may be in it again right as I type this where I'm ready to pull the trigger on the plane, and the other party has somehow not come through. Unfortunately, like buying cars or houses (more like houses), these sorts of frustrations do exist. However, I'm a strong believer that the right item, regardless of what it is, will come through and you'll be able to buy it.

So, just be patient (but do make sure to follow up with the broker in a timely manner, etc.) and see what happens. And let us know, too - I want to see pictures of your bird once you buy it. :)

Words of wisdom there - thanks. You are right on. I will def. post the story and pics. I'm driving my wife nuts with my impatience on this. Usually, I'm the patient guy telling everyone else to calm down...

On top of it all, I'm or should say have been flying an Arrow for my comlex. It apears that someone dropped it too hard and shot one of the mains through the wing. So, I'm back to flying 172's for a while, until I buy a plane....:crazy:

Words of wisdom there - thanks. You are right on. I will def. post the story and pics. I'm driving my wife nuts with my impatience on this. Usually, I'm the patient guy telling everyone else to calm down...

The first time you get into any major purchase (or really whenever you get into any major purchase that you're excited about) it's easy to get impatient and eager. That's natural, but it also opens yourself up to be taken advantage of or have problems. I'll post my full story after I get a plane, but for now I'm keeping quiet and waiting patiently for things to happen. Another thing I've learned is that jinxing is real - if you talk about something you want a lot, it'll never happen. :)

On top of it all, I'm or should say have been flying an Arrow for my comlex. It apears that someone dropped it too hard and shot one of the mains through the wing. So, I'm back to flying 172's for a while, until I buy a plane....:crazy:

This is probably just as well. You don't need your complex until you get your plane anyway, and insurance will require you to have a certain number of hours with an instructor before you can fly it solo anyway. Really, you'll want to get a good number of dual hours in the plane before you fly it solo, and then probably a few more solo hours before you fly it with your family. Remember that handling characteristics (stall speeds, etc.) of the planes differ at gross vs. when it's just you. The more familiarity you get, the better.

The first time you get into any major purchase (or really whenever you get into any major purchase that you're excited about) it's easy to get impatient and eager. That's natural, but it also opens yourself up to be taken advantage of or have problems. I'll post my full story after I get a plane, but for now I'm keeping quiet and waiting patiently for things to happen. Another thing I've learned is that jinxing is real - if you talk about something you want a lot, it'll never happen. :)

This is probably just as well. You don't need your complex until you get your plane anyway, and insurance will require you to have a certain number of hours with an instructor before you can fly it solo anyway. Really, you'll want to get a good number of dual hours in the plane before you fly it solo, and then probably a few more solo hours before you fly it with your family. Remember that handling characteristics (stall speeds, etc.) of the planes differ at gross vs. when it's just you. The more familiarity you get, the better.

Gotcha. I've been in sales for a long time. This year alone, I have sold one very upscale beach house, bought two other houses, a boat and some sand toys. I know the axium of not letting emotions work into the process, but normally, I've dealt with responsive people. I'm one of those guys that does what he says when promised. I'll just wait this one out and see what develops. I don't believe in "jinxing" although I probably should have just waited quietly. Perhaps the broker is working her "magic".

Best of luck with your deal. I too, will post the follow up, with either happy faces or the other...:D:raspberry:

Ruhroh, do you visit Glamis on occasion? One of my fave spots on the planet.

Just got the toys. Glamis will be one of many places where we will get the return on our investment...:D Will have to pick up some paddles.

I have a bunch of VW type 1 engine parts if you need something. Don't know what kind of toy you've got. I've been going to Glamis since 1971. Too far for me now. :(

I have a bunch of VW type 1 engine parts if you need something. Don't know what kind of toy you've got. I've been going to Glamis since 1971. Too far for me now. :(

Only have quads and bikes. It'll be interesting, I've never ridden a two wheel bike in the sand. Friends tell me it works. Quads, no problem. We'll be speding most of our time around Bullhead, AZ. More hard pack out there, and lots of washes.

Thanks for the advice. The broker has made contact, and claims an email was sent that I did not receive. My email address can be confusing, with two of the same letter in the address. That's viable. I will not push it further.

We are moving ahead with terms that I am very pleased with. As I said before, I was impressed with this agency before, and unless we have any more snafus, then I will highly endorse this agency when all is said and done.

I am anxiously, but guardedly, looking forward to the prospect of being an airplane owner. Another life-long dream I can scratch off the list. Ironically, I stumbled across the owner, previous to the current owner/seller of the plane I'm buying. What great luck, as he was very helpful and insightful as to the plane and the deal. This board and others similar are of great value.
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Did pre-buy yesterday and it went well. Test flight had a hiccup, uncertainty on the oil pressure, but turned out to be fine. Did the pre-buy after the flight. Plane has been very well maintained and was as advertised. Broker was there the whole day, after picking me up from airport, she dropped me off to move the plane to different airport for the pre-buy, then she drove over to the other airport to meet me there as well. Bought me lunch, took me to get rental car, and pretty much walked me through the process. Great broker to deal with. She made the process easy, and did a lot of background leg work.

Who was it?............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........
Kara Swensen at Alaris Aviation in Phoenix, AZ.

She's a very accomplished woman and has probably (in fact I know) worked with members on this board. I highly recommend her for selling or buying. She is good people. She is professional, knows her stuff, and works hard to get the deal done. I will probably buy my next plane from her as well. Impressive woman. I have tremendous respect for her, what she has accomplished, and for her execution of this deal.

I am a new happy aircraft owner!!! Thanks, Kara!!
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
That's it in my avatar. 1966 Piper Comanche 260B, loaded nicely.... : )

Well, flew her home and put her to bed. Flew from Phoenix to So Cal at 200mph. Absolutely loved the way the Comanche flew. I was like a kid at Christmas with the best new present ever. Had my CFII with me, and will have to get 20 dual (now just over 17, and yeah I'm counting) and 20 solo before I can carry passengers (ins. req.). I will be knocking that out quickly. All my CFII could say over and over was, "this is a nice plane.........this is a nice plane." I think I'm going really enjoy this Comanche 260B. Previous owner(s) had done many upgrades and speed mods already. Poor guy I bought it from was going through a divorce and had to sell. I got a very good deal. Even got monogramed headset cases with my name since his name was he same as mine!

Attachments

• AZ Comanche 260B N blank.JPG
    AZ Comanche 260B N blank.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 79
  • AZ Comanche cockpit rt N blank.JPG
    AZ Comanche cockpit rt N blank.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 76
I am a new happy aircraft owner!!! Thanks, Kara!!

Congrats! :yes: :goofy:

I found the plane on their site, and that is one darn fine-lookin' airplane! Can't go wrong with a 530. (Does it have an autopilot?) 1144 pound useful load means you can go full tanks all around and 604 pounds in the cabin, or fill just the mains and 784 pounds in the cabin.

So, you're bringing it to Gaston's, right? I want a ride! :D Am I first in line?

Can't go wrong with a 530. (Does it have an autopilot?)
Yup, there's one down low on the panel.

I'll highly recommend the King GNS430/530 course. That's a complex box, especially if you're going to fly instruments with it, and the Kings break it down so you can understand how it works.

The GTX327 (mode C) and GTX330 (mode S) are indistinguishable from the front unless you can read the model number. Which one do you have?

Congrats! :yes: :goofy:

I found the plane on their site, and that is one darn fine-lookin' airplane! Can't go wrong with a 530. (Does it have an autopilot?) 1144 pound useful load means you can go full tanks all around and 604 pounds in the cabin, or fill just the mains and 784 pounds in the cabin.

So, you're bringing it to Gaston's, right? I want a ride! :D Am I first in line?

Thanks. I've still got to get rated for this thing, then the trips will come. Sure thing on the ride. Yes, on the AP.

Yup, there's one down low on the panel.

I'll highly recommend the King GNS430/530 course. That's a complex box, especially if you're going to fly instruments with it, and the Kings break it down so you can understand how it works.

The GTX327 (mode C) and GTX330 (mode S) are indistinguishable from the front unless you can read the model number. Which one do you have?

It has the 330. Fun plane to fly. It's an older plane but feels like a newer one with the upgrades. It's set up nicely with newer 3-blade and speed mods, too.

Very nice plane and a very nice panel as well. Enjoy!

John

Back