Getting rrreeealllyyy close to pulling the trigger....

Hey congrats on the purchase!! fly it well. Glad to hear that had a good experience with the broker good to hear she hustled in this market I'm sure she is happy for the sale. I love the way in your post your saying your going to get your next plane from her as well even before you picked up your new one. LOL typical pilot:rolleyes:

Congrals!

Now you'll be Getting rrreeealllyyy close to pulling the trigger....on paying all those bills. :wink2:

Congrats on the plane.

I just went to that Broker's site, and wow she sure puts up a lot of good info. It's really nice to be able to see scans of the logs etc.

Hey congrats on the purchase!! fly it well. Glad to hear that had a good experience with the broker good to hear she hustled in this market I'm sure she is happy for the sale. I love the way in your post your saying your going to get your next plane from her as well even before you picked up your new one. LOL typical pilot:rolleyes:

Well Adam, she's a good-lookin' woman. :yes: You know how us men are...

But Pete's right. She's got the logbooks online for all the planes she's selling, lots of pictures, very thorough descriptions. I'm impressed. I'd definitely buy a plane from her.

Thanks, guys. Yep, Kara is good looking. A definite catch (she's single). She was the first to post online logs (to my knowledge) for her listings.

About the only thing I'm looking at doing to this plane, is upgrading the 530 w/waas. Most everything else has been done. The hard part is getting my CFII's schedule cleared so I can go fly her as much as I want. :D

Congratulations! Sounds like you got a great plane and a great broker! Nice move with the WAAS upgrade, too.

ActiveAir, I've been reading your posts from 2008 regarding the consideration of a Comanche. I'm in the exact same place considering a '64 Comanche w/turbo (250). What are your thoughts/lessons today, in hindsight?

first post, welcome to POA. Threat revival from hell too. Top rope out the gate from the cherry poster :D

break break--

I'd be interested to hear how the OPs mx history on said comanche worked out since 2008. These orphans are not getting any younger.

What I use to do was offer a contract with several conditions...........

I would also require a deposit to remove the aircraft from the market. If you could not obtain insurance or financing or the aircraft didn't meet your specs in the pre-buy, you got your deposit back............

Why not leave it on the market but as "sale pending" like in Real Estate. That way the Seller can keep it out there but the buyer is protected by the purchase contract with its contingencies.

Get triple redundant on putting the gear down. Don't do straight ins, pilots forget on those.

Denverpilot, where in Denver do you fly out of?

KAPA.

Get triple redundant on putting the gear down. Don't do straight ins, pilots forget on those.

Kinda hard to do when IFR. You're either getting vectors to the visual or vectors to the ILS most of the time. All you do is straight ins for the most part.

Gear down at the FAF or glideslope intercept, your call -- I like FAF but whatever... GS makes aerodynamic sense. Gear down, go down.

GUMPS again at DA when runway is in sight.

Final gear check over the threshold.

Or whatever system you like.

But straight-ins are a staple of IFR system flying to controlled airports for the most part. Can't really avoid it.

I haven't forgotten yet, and I rarely do a complete pattern, especially since the majority of my operations are at towered airports. But, two things help: An airplane that probably wouldn't ever get slow enough to land without the gear being down for drag, and when I'm either 5 miles out or at TPA, I put my right hand on the gear selector and don't move it until I put the gear down. (I usually make my last power reduction at 5 miles, and it takes a bit of time to get down to Vloe.)

Strive to keep yourself always in the "those who will" column instead of the "those who have" column. ;)

I haven't forgotten yet, and I rarely do a complete pattern, especially since the majority of my operations are at towered airports. But, two things help: An airplane that probably wouldn't ever get slow enough to land without the gear being down for drag, and when I'm either 5 miles out or at TPA, I put my right hand on the gear selector and don't move it until I put the gear down. (I usually make my last power reduction at 5 miles, and it takes a bit of time to get down to Vloe.)

Strive to keep yourself always in the "those who will" column instead of the "those who have" column. ;)

I like to do the "hand on the selector" thing too, once entering the airport area.

My instructor also wants (and gets, I don't mind this new habit either) the hand to stay there until all three lights turn green. (Same on the way up, until the red transit light is out and all extinguish, hand stays there then, too.)

To some of the comments let me make a comment. In a complex aircraft going out for a couple of hours does not do much to take the rust off IF that couple of hours is spent watching air flow over the wings while you fly out an hour and back an hour. This is a point that even the insurers have not keyed onto yet (yet!)
Go out for an hour with me and I guarantee you will be covered in sweat before it is over (no, I am not a CFI and not trolling for business, I am far too busy being retired to take on another profession)
That is what knocks the rust off. If you are comfortable with your machine you don't need an CFI (need a safety pilot if you are going under the foggles)
When is the last time you navigated a triangle XC using a single VOR receiver and a paper chart? (or electronic without GPS)
When is the last time you recovered from TOD stall under the hood
When is the last time you flew the plane without an operable elevator control on the yoke
When is the last time you did S turns across a road and turns around a point in a reasonably brisk wind (cuban eights and a whole bunch of other fun)
For you multi guys, single engine approaches, demonstrate a climb out single engine (at altitude)
And on and on
My CFI, Vlad The Impaler, would have you squealing like a little girl before he was done with you

The point is, that just going for the multi hundred dollar hamburger does not do much for knocking the rust off (or learning in general)
But only YOU can do something about that

For you multi guys, single engine approaches, demonstrate a climb out single engine (at altitude)

Good thing you don't live here, you'd just be simulating the descent to the crash. Or maybe Vmc/stall recovery next.

Most light twins don't go up on one mill around here. If you're lucky they go only 100'/min down. With gear out and a windmilling prop they go about 400'/min down at full power on the remaining engine. Even the turbo'd ones.

But Vlad is welcome to try.

Real single engine go-arounds aren't an option around here most of the time. If the runway is blocked, you'd better land over it or head for the grass.

Vlad's SE go-around practice will get you killed here if you ever use it. Or at least a great up close and personal tour of the airport fence as it comes through the windshield.

Know thy aircraft and its limitations... one is fully committed to a landing once one brings a light twin down from altitude, here.

Maybe Vlad can get out and push. Might help. Losing the weight overboard probably helps more. :)

Back