Getting home from Oshkosh - the long way round

How was the bill? The fix seemed pretty obscure
Did I miss the post where @Salty said what they found wrong with it? Or did they just do an overhaul and that fixed it?

Did I miss the post where @Salty said what they found wrong with it? Or did they just do an overhaul and that fixed it?
You missed it.
Problem ended up being the oil plug in the crank. It had rotated and wasn't allowing oil to build up pressure. Was just dumping it right back into the case. We had to get a special tool from an engine shop that allowed us to remove the old plug and replace it with a new one while the engine was still on the plane.

Oh, and I was really disappointed in the p2012. I thought it might be a cool dream plane. in reality it flew slower than my lance at twice the fuel flow, and holy crap was it loud. Blech. Lots of better options out there.

Got my bill. It hurts, but I think it was reasonable for the circumstances. They drove 780 miles back and forth to get the job done. My first annual with it was a lot cheaper than I was expecting, so this only puts me a little worse off than where I expected to be for maintenance this year.

Got my bill. It hurts, but I think it was reasonable for the circumstances. They drove 780 miles back and forth to get the job done. My first annual with it was a lot cheaper than I was expecting, so this only puts me a little worse off than where I expected to be for maintenance this year.

You're not going to tell us how much? My guess is about $2500.00

You're not going to tell us how much? My guess is about $2500.00
nearly double that. Remember they pulled the prop, did a partial IRAN on it, and had to drive an hour each way just to get to the plane.

nearly double that. Remember they pulled the prop, did a partial IRAN on it, and had to drive an hour each way just to get to the plane.
Honestly I thought it would be worse seeing how long they had it...and pretty much having your juevos in a vice

I am happy with my treatment by Jet Air. They were professional and communicated well considering all the factors involved.

Back