Getting back in the air after a refusal to test

• Thread starter Anonymous flyer person
  • Start date
Once upon a time, nobody smoked dope who entertained visions of flying for a living

Apparently you've never heard the phrase, "No smoking within 8 hours of flying, and no drinking within 50 feet of an aircraft."

Let's not pretend the "Golden Age of Aviation" was much more than a bronze statue.

Refusal to test is an automatic fail. Sorry brutha, but I hear they are hiring truck drivers like mad right now.

No deal on truck driver either. 2nd question on our application have you ever failed or refused... sign here so we can call you previous employer and verify that with them.

I know of a guy who had taken fake pee into a "Whiz Quiz" at a Regional I flew at. Last I heard he eventually got his medical back and is flying at some Dog Ball 135 Company.

This excellent, thank you. I’m not a frequent user so refraining is not a problem. This was a single moment of weakness and I paid dearly for it. I’m absolutely willing to atone for my mistake and make it right. I am/was in a flying career with a second class medical. This was supposed to be for a pre employment dot drug test. I thought it was odd I wasn’t tested when I was hired a year ago. But didn’t think much of it at the time. It was only after I returned from the vacation I took for a funeral they noticed it wasn’t in my file and subsequently scheduled it. I’m ashamed I didn’t try to work it out with my employer beforehand.
I am sympathetic to folks on many of these things, but if you were in a flying career and didn’t take a pre-employment, you should know you still get randomed. That alone is inexcusable imo.

You say you’re not a “frequent” user, but immediately following you say it was a “single moment” of weakness. Which is it?

You said you held a class II. Curious what sort of job this was.

Again, I’m not usually in the anti screw-up camp, but this one is odd.

Back