Getting a vasectomy,

image.jpg

Interesting thread. Wife is pushing me to have this done. I'm not big on elective surgeries.... especially when they're on me.

Do it if you believe it is the right thing for you to do. Dont do it because you got talked or guilted into getting it done.

Wasn't too keen on it either. Especially the area around my boys. But watching my wife pop out twins with no c section, and hearing about that for three years, not sleeping more than 3 hours a time the first 8 months they were alive, and for not having to worry about the 1 in 12 chance another pregnancy could be multiples, a weekend with swollen kiwis is a small price to pay.

Very valid point :lol:

No reports on feeling any different afterwards?!?! Testosterone changes? Mood changes? Interest...ahem... changes? Anything? Is the only difference shooting blanks?

Very valid point :lol:

No reports on feeling any different afterwards?!?! Testosterone changes? Mood changes? Interest...ahem... changes? Anything? Is the only difference shooting blanks?
Feelings of guilt when acquiescing to the sweet young things who say they "want to have your baby".

Sorry to hear that. With mine I showed at the office at 8:30 and left at 9:15. Drove 2 hours to get home, watched TV for the rest of the day. Next morning got up and mowed the yard. Only had to take a couple of aspirin.

Honestly I've had paper cuts that hurt more.

Also, the doctor that performed the procedure had already done 20,000 of them and teaches other doctors how to do them.

Wow 20,000 that is a lot of d!cks and balls to look at.

Anyone else feel like when he was tucking on the Vas, he was pulling on your stomach guts? Seriously, it was an uncomfortable pulling like just below my belly button. The cut didn't hurt.... The tugging had me wondering how far up in there those tongs we're going in.

Anyone else feel like when he was tucking on the Vas, he was pulling on your stomach guts? Seriously, it was an uncomfortable pulling like just below my belly button. The cut didn't hurt.... The tugging had me wondering how far up in there those tongs we're going in.

I was going to get one but my buddy said he could feel it in his throat.
I chickened out.

I was going to get one but my buddy said he could feel it in his throat.
I chickened out.

I definitely don't remember anything like that. The actual procedure was pretty quick and un memorable. I did have some swelling and pain a few days in, so not a stroll in the park. Though, as this thread demonstrates, many did not have my experience. I am not sure if this is reflective of the skill of the surgeon or just individual reactions to the surgery. It is not a decision to take lightly, but if you want to stop having kids, it beats many other options.

And don't be a little sissy boy like a guy I used to work with. He had his done, then moaned and groaned for a couple days with an ice-pack on his lap so he could get some kind of sympathy from the rest of us.
Your mileage may vary.

When I had mine done a few years ago, I had background pain on one side for a month, and then overnight my left nut went from normal to angry and about to explode. As in the testicle itself was swollen to several times its normal size. Turns out I had an infection in the vas deferens that traveled to the testicle.

And my procedure was extremely painful as well. I didn't feel the scalpel, but when the doc pulled each vas deferens out to cut/tie/cauterize, it felt like someone was literally standing on my nut. He seemed intrigued (but not concerned) that I was in pain. If anyone in the Lake Norman area of North Carolina is contemplating getting a vasectomy, PM me for the name of a doctor that I recommend avoiding at all cost.

Find someone that does the "No scalpel" procedure. It takes all of 15 minutes and you are up and going the next day.

As far as pain, it's no worse than a paper cut. All you'll need is a Tylenol.

You may or may not have a sensation of congestion (Blue balls) for a couple weeks or more. It eventually goes away in most cases, as it eventually did in mine.

I'm one week out from mine. Still have a bit of tenderness and bruising. Back to normal tomorrow as far as heavy lifting etc. I took it easy. First few days were rough. Ice pack is your friend!

You may or may not have a sensation of congestion (Blue balls) for a couple weeks or more. It eventually goes away in most cases, as it eventually did in mine.

....unless it doesn't. As the procedure is done by a wide variety of providers in the community and there are only few controlled studies, it is difficult to say how often it leads to chronic pain. For those who end up with chronic pain, it is a miserable experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back