Georgia POA denizens...

Thank you to all for all the kind words. The Lucky Strike is a very clean airplane, though not without her squawks. There is something to be said for flying at 155 mph with the fuel burn of a Cherokee. With avgas being such a major expense these days it seemed a good idea. Small inside, but I'm small outside so it is a good fit. I have no doubt I'll pay in maintenance, but I suspect no more so than for any other complex aircraft.

I call it the Lucky Strike (despite my aversion to cigarettes) because its former owner almost exclusively flew about an hour at a time just to get up. The aircraft accumulated roughly ten hours a year during his stewardship. Not a very good mission for a Mooney.

In the mean time I was flying all over the Eastern United States, roughly 80 hours a year, a poor mission for a Cherokee. What luck that two pilots with aircraft mismatched missions should meet?

The LS's former owner was meticulous in his stewardship, and I suspect he will be no less so for my beloved Cherokee. But I like to go places, and I like to go fast. And soon I will learn to go IFR.

I think the paint job and interior go perfect together. Enjoy your new Mooney.

Looks great. Again congratulations. Sorry I missed you in Georgia, but heck I was out flying my Mooney cross country. Have fun. Fly safe.

Great looking bird, Michael! Congratulations!! :D :cheers:

And I think you'll be very pleased with the capability the IR brings, as well.

Again thanks. I wish I could have met the POA folks in Georgia, but fate said no. With luck another day.

Get active on mooneyspace too. Tons and tons of info there and a great group of people. Keep the sheep thing to yourself though. Lol.

Hey Michael, Mazel Tov! I don't know how I missed this thread and the photos. Plane looks beautiul. Fly her well. I thought you called her Lucky Strike because its colors match the colors of the Lucky Strike pack. Look forward to hearing that you received your IR as well.

Back