Georgia Pilots

Another here. Flying out of Peach State (GA2) and sailplanes just to the south. A lot of GA aviators here!

I love Peach State! You don't know how much I miss flying into there with Saint in the Stearman... That man was amazing.

Any CFI and rental recommedations on the south side of ATL for a BFR(yeah - I know they dropped the "B" years ago, but old habits...)? I live in Fayette Co., so FFC/CCO/6A2/4A7 are convenient. I've been away from flying for 18 years, and did all my training in PA28s. I'm thinking of getting checked out in a 172 as part of the review, so a Cessna rental would be preferred. Also would prefer a patient CFI that can deal with a 58 yr old that can't remember all that he's forgotten in 18 years...:confused:

Another here. Flying out of Peach State (GA2) and sailplanes just to the south. A lot of GA aviators here!

Haven't made it to GA2 yet, but it's on my to-do list.

Where do they fly gliders around there? The only sites I saw on SSA were down around La Grange or over by Covington.

Haven't made it to GA2 yet, but it's on my to-do list.

Where do they fly gliders around there? The only sites I saw on SSA were down around La Grange or over by Covington.

Peach State is a great little airport with an awesome restaurant and museum. Make sure you're comfortable on grass...the field isn't short nor is it narrow. If you fly down there, preferred runways are 31 for takeoff and 13 for landing unless the winds heavily favor otherwise. There is a pretty good slope up towards the top of 13 and tall trees on the 13 end.

I fly my glider at a private airport a few miles south. If you're in the market for an add-on rating or have your own glider, then PM me. If you're looking for a normal club that offers rental, then you'll need to look at Monroe or LaGrange.

I'm based at Tara Field (4A7) south of ATL next to the race track. I just got an update on the runway. They hope to have open around the first week of July.

Re Peach State, they have a couple of nice fly-ins there in the summer, usually with an antique car drive-in and some festivities like a flour bombing contest.

Another great fly-in is the one they have in Gainesville around the 4th. If 4A7 has the runway open by then I met get to fly the Stinson up there. This year it's on July 6. Usually very well attended.

I'm based at Tara Field (4A7) south of ATL next to the race track. I just got an update on the runway. They hope to have open around the first week of July.

Re Peach State, they have a couple of nice fly-ins there in the summer, usually with an antique car drive-in and some festivities like a flour bombing contest.

Another great fly-in is the one they have in Gainesville around the 4th. If 4A7 has the runway open by then I met get to fly the Stinson up there. This year it's on July 6. Usually very well attended.

Welcome to PoA!

I've got a plane based at 4A7 as well. I've been checking the NOTAM daily for the past week or so waiting for the runway to open back up. :mad:

Welcome to PoA!

I've got a plane based at 4A7 as well. I've been checking the NOTAM daily for the past week or so waiting for the runway to open back up. :mad:

The rain put them a little behind with installation of the new lights, apparently.

Looks like Tara Field 4A7 runway is open now.

Athens here (I live under the downwind for 27). Private, seaplane and instrument rated. I'm a software trainer and developer. I fly my old 172 all over the country to support my work, as well as doing as much non work related flying as I can.

Athens here (I live under the downwind for 27). Private, seaplane and instrument rated. I'm a software trainer and developer. I fly my old 172 all over the country to support my work, as well as doing as much non work related flying as I can.

You need an extra developer/pilot? ;)

Our EAA chapter at Covington KCVC has an excellent pancake breakfast third Sat of each month. That makes it tomorrow. Only $5 gets you all you can eat...pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, biscuits and gravy, OJ and coffee. We start serving around 8. Fly in, drive in, whatever. Come on out and say hi.

Our EAA chapter at Covington KCVC has an excellent pancake breakfast third Sat of each month. That makes it tomorrow. Only $5 gets you all you can eat...pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, biscuits and gravy, OJ and coffee. We start serving around 8. Fly in, drive in, whatever. Come on out and say hi.

Got to within 20nm NE of CVC but the ceilings were still down to 600. Maybe next time.

Got to within 20nm NE of CVC but the ceilings were still down to 600. Maybe next time.

I had hoped to make it over for the breakfast, too. Ended up just driving down to the EAA Chapter 6 meeting at CCO instead.

You were all missed. Next time.

Back