Gastons..what is it?

Oh, I wasn't complaining about people not stopping in to see me. I know no one wants to stop in and see me. (Heck, who would ever want to come to Grand Rapids!), but I've had more than a couple conversations with others where the friendly folks of the south "dissed" their northerly brethren - and I know nothing got in the way. It was just a flat out snub.

Oops. Caution, potential thread hijack.

Don't take it personally. We're still trying to figure out how to convert our Confederate Money, and most of us are just sure the yankees are part of the problem.

Oh, I wasn't complaining about people not stopping in to see me. I know no one wants to stop in and see me. (Heck, who would ever want to come to Grand Rapids!), but I've had more than a couple conversations with others where the friendly folks of the south "dissed" their northerly brethren - and I know nothing got in the way. It was just a flat out snub.

Ya might want to save that confederate money, might be worth more than the USD in 2014. :eek: :D

Ya might want to save that confederate money, might be worth more than the USD in 2014. :eek: :D
As long as Peggy's already alerted y'all to the potential for thread highjack, does anyone have any idea what the worth (if any) to collectors would be of circulated 1914 $5 and $10 US currency?

$5 and $10, I'll give you 20% over face value. :rofl:

Seriously Ed? Are you trying to give someone a seizure?

Yep... finally, someone has an avatar more irritating than the pop-up dude.

Thankfully ESC works wonderfully in Firefox!

Hey, I made this one myself. Someone must have stole it. Besides....everyone here shouldn't have a problem with it, lest they be lying on their medical. :rofl:

Uh oh Scott. Are you and I gonna have annoying avatar wars? :p

Thank you, Troy.

Well I've recently come upon a large sum of money to be used for educational/instructional purposes, and if freed up by then, this would take care of all the cross country time I'd need for my private certificate. Closest thing to a "Fly-in" for me was a gathering of a few aircraft at Northumberland (N79) about 10 years ago that I barely remember.

Hoping for the best :D

You don't mention the fact that you have a large sum of money on here. Don't you know that we have several LAWYERS that read this stuff?
But, if you do fly in let it be known that your Landing might be graded. We had a ATP one year that flew in in his Cessna 190 and he got a 7-7-7 score.
I will post a little video I made of a flight into Gastons a long time ago, even before the POA had their first fly-in. Don't pay any attention to the fact that I couldn't remember the runway was 24 instead of 34.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVyRFvg7A28

Back to the OP's question.

Gaston's is, well...
Gaston's is, well...
Gaston's is aviation sex.

And just like sex, Gaston's:

* should be approached with respect and caution.
* is far more enjoyable when done with a good partner than it is alone.
* can be done for the first time with an instructor. An instructor who will show you how to do it right so you can impress subsequent partners.
(he, he)
* can kill you if you are careless.

But most importantly, just like sex, if you have to ask what it is then you're probably not ready for it!

:smile:

Back to the OP's question.

Gaston's is, well...
Gaston's is, well...
Gaston's is aviation sex.

And just like sex, Gaston's:

* should be approached with respect and caution.
* is far more enjoyable when done with a good partner than it is alone.
* can be done for the first time with an instructor. An instructor who will show you how to do it right so you can impress subsequent partners.
(he, he)
* can kill you if you are careless.

But most importantly, just like sex, if you have to ask what it is then you're probably not ready for it!

:smile:
Well, that was interesting. ;) Note to self, be careful what you ask Tim. :D

BTW, are you going to join us this year?

BTW, are you going to join us this year?

As I type this I'm sitting just NW of Oshkosh, in Clintonville, WI doing another project up here. I'm flying back and forth each week (weather permitting). Fly home Friday afternoon, fly back out Sunday evening or Monday morning.

I hoped to make it over for the day on Saturday but right now the weather doesn't look too favorable for flying Saturday.

I really want to make it, if only for the day, but....

Been watching the weather at this end, too. Last night the forecast looked ominous, but this morning's forecast was showed improving conditions for Thurs -Sun so I'm expecting less of a challenge as the week progresses.

The runway might be a bit damp Thursday morning, though.

Gaston's has vans if you need a paved surface.

Even just one day is worth the effort, imho.

Getting to/from Gaston's (or even cancelling) is a good practical exercise of those pilot skills that need exercising.

As I type this I'm sitting just NW of Oshkosh, in Clintonville, WI doing another project up here. I'm flying back and forth each week (weather permitting). Fly home Friday afternoon, fly back out Sunday evening or Monday morning.

I hoped to make it over for the day on Saturday but right now the weather doesn't look too favorable for flying Saturday.

I really want to make it, if only for the day, but....

Will the Gastons Picnic table be monitering the frequancey on Thursday or should we call if we need a ride?

Arrival communications comments

122.80 will usually be monitored

aircraft in the vicinity of the airport can relay requests from those further out

an overflight of the field (3M0) will help with notification of an arrival headed to BPK weather permitting and then advise on 122.80 of your transportation request and someone should respond (resort staff or fly-in participant)

123.00 will also be monitored but less rigorously

contacting a fellow pilot on the ground via cell phone is possible but the coverage is marginal in the river valley

you can call the office at Gaston's and they will dispatch a van

Will the Gastons Picnic table be monitering the frequancey on Thursday or should we call if we need a ride?

Been watching the weather at this end, too. Last night the forecast looked ominous, but this morning's forecast was showed improving conditions for Thurs -Sun so I'm expecting less of a challenge as the week progresses.

As Tristan said, it wouldn't be Gaston's without concerns of weather/thunderstorms. :)

Also be careful when driving the van at dusk/night. Until I got a ride from Mountain Home last year, I had no idea steve was such an avid deer hunter :D:rofl:.

Serously, there are a crap ton of deer just itching to jump out in front of you while on the road, so be careful.

Is a "crap ton" more, or less, than a "buttload"?

Is a "crap ton" more, or less, than a "buttload"?

More than, but it's less than a metric crap ton, a **** ton, or a **** ton.

In mathematical terms:

Butt load < Crap ton < Metric Crap ton < **** ton < Metric **** ton < **** ton < Metric **** ton

Please clarify:

Is that "****" or "****"?

Well it all kida depends if you are talking about a long or short crap ton :D

And i have no Idea where **** load fits into all of this...

Please clarify:

Is that "****" or "****"?

Well it all kida depends if you are talking about a long or short crap ton :D

And i have no Idea where **** load fits into all of this...

See my above post. The first **** starts with $ and the second, well, you can guess. :)

This is a good grass runway and can handle a rain and not be muddy. I have flown in and out of there after a rain storm. I didn't have any problems. However the Paved runway is close by and is an alternative. Bob

I believe Ted and I discussed this scale at Wings.

The more vulgar the prefix, the larger the amount it was.

So a TSA ton would outweigh all??? :D

The difference is the prefix must have some sort of value to it.

****, ****, and even **** can have worth to some people.

But, if you do fly in let it be known that your Landing might be graded. We had a ATP one year that flew in in his Cessna 190 and he got a 7-7-7 score.

Yeah, but there's a story behind those numbers for that particular ATP. :D

This is a good grass runway and can handle a rain and not be muddy. I have flown in and out of there after a rain storm. I didn't have any problems. However the Paved runway is close by and is an alternative. Bob

:nono::nono: You didn't see the Bonanza wipe out.

Back