Gaston's IV in 2007

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Well, it looks like some of us will be getting together again at Gaston's on the second weekend in June. We hope y'all will consider joining us!

There is only one other small group (Casting for Recovery) planning to book a small segment of the resort for that weekend, so rooms shouldn't be a problem yet.

I personally don't want to get involved with booking a block of rooms.

We still need someone to volunteer to take care of meals/dinner reservations. Steve has offered to be the Grand Poobah again. :)

I plan to do a lot of flying at Gaston's next year, and hope to give a bunch of aerobatic rides when I 'm not begging rides in other people's airplanes or sitting in the grass under the wing of an airplane visiting with friends. :)

I plan on being there. I don't know how effective a planner I would be, seeing how I'm clear across the country, but if I can help somehow, I'll do it.

See y'all next year.

Second weekend in June looks like 8,9,10. I'll put it down. As we get a little closer, let me see what I can do.

Best,

Dave

ADAM D. ZUCKER
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Dear Gastons 2007 Planners and Attendees:

Please be advised that I represent Anthony Amorosi with regard to his disdain over the plethoria of Gastons posts. Your posting about Gastons only one week after Gastons III has concluded is clearly designed to provoke and harass Mr. Amorosi. Please consider this letter a notice to cease and desist further communications regarding the Gastons issue for 2007. Your actions and communications have caused my client great distress and inconvienence.
Failure to heed this directive shall result in legal action being taken on behalf of Mr. Amorosi for intentional infliction of emotional distress. Further I cannot guarantee that my client will not go over the edge and play mischevious pranks on those who insist on violating this directive:rolleyes: .
Regardless of anything stated here in, If I'm there I'm still the BBQ guy.

AdamZ said:
ADAM D. ZUCKER
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Dear Gastons 2007 Planners and Attendees:

Please be advised that I represent Anthony Amorosi with regard to his disdain over the plethoria of Gastons posts. Your posting about Gastons only one week after Gastons III has concluded is clearly designed to provoke and harass Mr. Amorosi. Please consider this letter a notice to cease and desist further communications regarding the Gastons issue for 2007. Your actions and communications have caused my client great distress and inconvienence.
Failure to heed this directive shall result in legal action being taken on behalf of Mr. Amorosi for intentional infliction of emotional distress. Further I cannot guarantee that my client will not go over the edge and play mischevious pranks on those who insist on violating this directive:rolleyes: .
Regardless of anything stated here in, If I'm there I'm still the BBQ guy.
:yes: :yes: :yes:

Why not include the casting for recovery group . Lets invite them over to the house for a few drinks.

My lawyer will talk to your lawyer.

AdamZ said:
If I'm there I'm still the BBQ guy.
You're hired! :yes:

Anthony, just put these dates on your calendar and plan to come next year...and no excuses! :) Surely we can find someone else to be grouchy next year if you aren't available for that position. :D

AdamZ said:
Why not include the casting for recovery group . Lets invite them over to the house for a few drinks.
Sounds like a great idea! :)

Diana said:
Anthony, just put these dates on your calendar and plan to come next year...and no excuses! :) Surely we can find someone else to be grouchy next year if you aren't available for that position. :D

I'll be there, but my heart ain't in it.

Just kidding! It would be great to come. Must block out time....Must block out time......

:D

Im going to do my absolute best to be there. Starting saving money for the rental now :) Maybe I will get lucky and can get there in the glider, but that would be a miracle.

tonycondon said:
Im going to do my absolute best to be there. Starting saving money for the rental now :) Maybe I will get lucky and can get there in the glider, but that would be a miracle.

Tony,

I would love to go next year. I would be happy to offer a ride, I'll be leaving from NW Iowa.

James Dean

AdamZ said:

Even better, invite them over to the planes for a few flights! :yes:

Finally, someone who'll want to ride in the 182! :rofl:

I dunno. The 95 degrees weather is killing me. We keep talking about summer and kids there, but there was what, 3 or 4 kids there?

Say it with me now......

S-E-P-T-E-M-B-E-R

Okay, we'll be there! We'll bring Margaritas and I can help with the grilling, too. Or I'll volunteer Leslie for ribs. We'll start 'em in IL and finish them off on the grill in AR! (She's out on the deck doing a batch for Father's Day as I type this!)

N2212R said:
I dunno. The 95 degrees weather is killing me. We keep talking about summer and kids there, but there was what, 3 or 4 kids there?

Say it with me now......

S-E-P-T-E-M-B-E-R

Yes, SEPTEMBER! or APRIL! The heat and humidity in June makes my hair friz. :princess:

Whatever the date, I will try to be there.

JoAnne

The max and min temperatures at Mountain Home, AR for the week of June 4, 2006.

Temperature........... Max................. Avg.................... Min
Max Temperature...... 91 °F / 32 °C... 85 °F / 29 °C... 75 °F / 23 °C
Mean Temperature.... 77 °F / 25 °C... 72 °F / 22 °C... 66 °F / 18 °C
Min Temperature....... 64 °F / 17 °C... 61 °F / 15 °C... 57 °F / 13 °C

The high on June 11 was 88°F .

I won't be there if it's during the school year, at least not until 2013.

Sorry.

N2212R said:

Say it with me now......

S-E-P-T-E-M-B-E-R

Last edited:
Princess Pilot said:
The heat and humidity in June makes my hair friz. :princess:
My hair is naturally curly, so it just makes it curl more. :princess:

It's a LOT hotter with a parachute on. :)

Princess Pilot said:
Whatever the date, I will try to be there.
I hope you make it next year, too.

N2212R said:

Say it with me now......

S-E-P-T-E-M-B-E-R
Ed, those kids brought their parents, too. I hope we can make this a family oriented, kid (and dog) friendly event. You can have your fly-in anytime you want. Several of us will be gathering at Gaston's next June. I hope you will come, too. The date is set in stone, and is not negotiable.

I'd prefer to keep it June....and I'll be there.

The date is set in stone, and is not negotiable.
Note to self:

Don'y make ANY suggestions regarding Gaston's.

James, i will keep in touch with you through the year. Next June im not sure where in the state im going to be. Will either be Ames or Cedar Rapids. Will work something out with you though if need be.

tonycondon said:
James, i will keep in touch with you through the year. Next June im not sure where in the state im going to be. Will either be Ames or Cedar Rapids. Will work something out with you though if need be.

Right now, my wife and I are planning on flying the RV down. I'll *hopefully* be back in school by then, so the 'seasonal' sprayin job won't be a problem. Maybe we can get a "flight of two" heading that way.

-Chris

Ed Guthrie said:
Good, I have a room reserved.
Great! Are you planning to do more fly-fishing?

I'm booking a two-bedroom cottage tomorrow.

Oh, I was supposed to remind you about those tie wraps. :)

i dunno chris, will an RV keep up with a Saratoga? :)

N2212R said:
Note to self:

Don'y make ANY suggestions regarding Gaston's.
Oh, I don't think that's it at all. :no: But we have to start with a few premises to start planning, and if we keep going back and forth about the location or the date, we'll be in analysis paralysis.:dunno: Given: Place -- Gaston's. Date: June 8 - 10. Most of the rest is what the suggestions should be about!:yes:

Diana said:
Great! Are you planning to do more fly-fishing?

Yes. I don't have the guide booked yet, but I have the room reserved a few days earlier than the fly-in start.

Oh, I was supposed to remind you about those tie wraps. :)

Please PM or email me a snail mail address.

I'm in!!!!! Just don't know what room to reserve....hubby says he's coming too. Guess he can't stand all the fun I had.:yes:

And I'll also help out with something.....don't know what....but I'll touch base with you, Diana, to see what makes sense.

Kaye

In. Room and plane reserved (if this one doesn't get clocked by an errant jet).

Kaye said:
And I'll also help out with something.....don't know what....but I'll touch base with you, Diana, to see what makes sense.
OK, thanks Kaye. You helped me more this year than you probably realize...thanks again. :)

Last edited:
Our reservations are made for Thursday through Monday.

Evidently the Gaston's reservations folks are being hammered today by a bunch of people planning to be flying in next year. :goofy:

Jann wants to try sharing a boat trip next year, so anybody who wants to join her please sign up on the Wiki. You'll need to pick the day (or half day).

http://pilotcast.com/gastons/index.php?refs=Activities

Last edited:
mikea said:
Our reservations are made for Thursday through Monday.

Evidently the Gaston's reservations folks are being hammered today by a bunch of people planning to be flying in next year. :goofy:

I just booked an ultra-deluxe cottage with a deck (#66) for Friday and Saturday nights.

Has anyone considered getting the River Villa for the weekend and farming out the rooms?

River Villa (Based on 20 people)

$1050.00 - Ten bedrooms (4 downstairs - 6 upstairs), each bedroom has two double beds, full bath; Large center meeting room downstairs, Full kitchen, Fireplace, Large patio with Fireplace type grill, 4 boats included

gprellwitz said:
Has anyone considered getting the River Villa for the weekend and farming out the rooms?
You do it, Grant! :goofy:
You take on the financial responsibilties, like what happens with no show, no pays. You could handle that with a simple no refunds policy.

When I latched on to a night in a bedroom at a house in Oshkosh the "host" sent out payment requests via PayPal.

Post it on the Wiki. I'll open up the front page for a Share a Room page.

Last edited:
Back