Gaston's Fly-In 2017 - Thursday Oct 12-Sunday Oct 15, 2017

We just doing the restaurant?
Oh Hell no.... every year I've been there the quality of food choices, the quality of what lands on my table, and the quality of wait staff service slides downward a bit more.

Much prefer a pilot cooked meal ....

Oh Hell no.... every year I've been there the quality of food choices, the quality of what lands on my table, and the quality of wait staff service slides downward a bit more.

Much prefer a pilot cooked meal ....

Mike, the wife and I give Gaston's a try a couple of times a year and like you, have always been disappointed and have seen the downward slide during our 11 years in the area. Till about a year ago...

It appears the new manager (I think his nephew took over when Jim died) saw a problem with the restaurant and there has been noticeable improvement with the menu and some improvement with the service. They have a new chef and he walks around getting feedback directly from the customers. Nice to see. Hopefully the restaurant GM understands that poor customer service/slowness can easily bring overall satisfaction down, regardless of the menu or quality of the meal, and will continue to improve upon that too.

I second the above statement. and I was there in March and late August. New Chef has some good things going on.

Bryan, why are you talking about food? We elected your wife to talk about food. Get back in the beer room!

Cabin 4. Bring a chair.

Is cabin 4 one of the larger ones with space to loiter and socialize like cabin 6?

It's just like cabin 6

Judging from the sigh up sheet, we're gonna starve

Ok, I know this is going to grind operation "We're running the risk of being unprepared" to a halt.....

But... What. About. Saturday? We just doing the restaurant? Or do we want to try to double down on what I call "The plan"?[/QUOTE]

From past experience, no need to worry about planning and organizing every meal before arriving Thursday. Most of the meals are planned only a day ahead and there are runs made to the local grocery store to purchase items for the meals. Everyone either pitches in for the food.

Call them and here is what they said: Grills are charcoal and they provide the charcoal. Just ask at the front desk when you arrive - so whoever arrives first, please reserve.

We booked late so could only get a room, not a cabin - any idea where those are with respect to the front desk? While it could prove hilarious to host the party in the smallest room, I vote for someone else's cabin.

Call them and here is what they said: Grills are charcoal and they provide the charcoal. Just ask at the front desk when you arrive - so whoever arrives first, please reserve.

We booked late so could only get a room, not a cabin - any idea where those are with respect to the front desk? While it could prove hilarious to host the party in the smallest room, I vote for someone else's cabin.

Not too far.

As the cabin numbers get higher, the walk gets longer that is all I know.
I am thrilled to be in 10

We're currently in 28. I keep calling (whining) for a lower number.

wow 28! If I were you, I would probably show up on Wednesday if you want to make it to the Friday dinner...

th

Let it be known, I have roughly 150 lbs of grass fed ground beef in the freezer. I can bring a little or a lot if we need it. If you don't want my meat, we'll bring other stuff instead.

Secondly, check out the beer labels.
N4mTyVqg3Ypt0iityaWnLzNnqScW4SJunK8QiMIdoQAy_7-rvwgd2Sh3x6aLsbPq1oYlBXyJv10diOxHgpmOt-utLceXhBjPqDBk1qP8lOh-J8-NziUrq8fUlfH_luSSiuoZjtBvhlEUXW2x7-TQMqxI29kCc3CeclzamewHtbiuFiH4MTKdBdetect0oYqzEsKMJXkWlmRV2ArddxPycfsd50JCO9r5bmuzTaC2FV0eIobwINgunmYrDZ98hUToeJH60N9ucWlHI__CH16ojisT6AqBi1h0_hD0c0w4rDITTljplCPEhHNSow7ibupn_84I83eCYv7Hq2M6DneBqSJVfiGyAhdxTV4P03iUTaEgkW0yC3-8gaB3wk6TII-LdH7W8zkAcnnrI_g1klIY0xdG8sQ7NLYFtsBUoHl-Pe_hV4BwQm7dNo2hU_i6-m59hOI2BgC_zrU4FbqIA4uUDRRr0pAUdrXIqbItmrfYw6kwyhwYGfI9gBvDE80jbL5x0H4B9OPljlyqu9E0Kt6kpvybcKfTRANGpf55nTnonT6ZWQCAG-cobezI8uMz6o83tEuqAnIgGH8qSnAFuaMNDAlfDc8mMzOfHjhOZ7gRJA=w806-h513-no

Let it be known, I have roughly 150 lbs of grass fed ground beef in the freezer. I can bring a little or a lot if we need it. If you don't want my meat, we'll bring other stuff instead.

N4mTyVqg3Ypt0iityaWnLzNnqScW4SJunK8QiMIdoQAy_7-rvwgd2Sh3x6aLsbPq1oYlBXyJv10diOxHgpmOt-utLceXhBjPqDBk1qP8lOh-J8-NziUrq8fUlfH_luSSiuoZjtBvhlEUXW2x7-TQMqxI29kCc3CeclzamewHtbiuFiH4MTKdBdetect0oYqzEsKMJXkWlmRV2ArddxPycfsd50JCO9r5bmuzTaC2FV0eIobwINgunmYrDZ98hUToeJH60N9ucWlHI__CH16ojisT6AqBi1h0_hD0c0w4rDITTljplCPEhHNSow7ibupn_84I83eCYv7Hq2M6DneBqSJVfiGyAhdxTV4P03iUTaEgkW0yC3-8gaB3wk6TII-LdH7W8zkAcnnrI_g1klIY0xdG8sQ7NLYFtsBUoHl-Pe_hV4BwQm7dNo2hU_i6-m59hOI2BgC_zrU4FbqIA4uUDRRr0pAUdrXIqbItmrfYw6kwyhwYGfI9gBvDE80jbL5x0H4B9OPljlyqu9E0Kt6kpvybcKfTRANGpf55nTnonT6ZWQCAG-cobezI8uMz6o83tEuqAnIgGH8qSnAFuaMNDAlfDc8mMzOfHjhOZ7gRJA=w806-h513-no
There's way too much detail in your post. Particularly the part about whether or not people might want your meat...

I am thrilled to be in 10
Hmm. Are you sure? When I made my reservation on Aug 22, I was told I had 10. If we're all in 10 it's gonna be pretty crowded, and Sue may object.

I told Bryan that the next batch he brews should be an ale and he call it "Four Pilots Ale".

This way when it hands it to several people, he could announce, "May Fours be with you". And the cooler containing the beer can have a Fours Ale sign above it.

i'm so jealous. i can't do this year, but for future years, do people bring kids, or is this adults only party for a few days? It's 1,500 miles for me, so a bit of a haul

i'm so jealous. i can't do this year, but for future years, do people bring kids, or is this adults only party for a few days? It's 1,500 miles for me, so a bit of a haul

Oh, certainly bring kids!

There's fishing (a boat is included in the room charge) and a playground, tennis courts, and there are always other kids there. Sort of an enclosed setup, no "through traffic," and we all watch out for each other.

do you have to befriend 6PC to get in on the beer? If I make it next year, I can bring some fun stuff from the Seattle area if desired.

Oh, certainly bring kids!

There's fishing (a boat is included in the room charge) and a playground, tennis courts, and there are always other kids there. Sort of an enclosed setup, no "through traffic," and we all watch out for each other.

Um - not sure you want little ones unattended on the grass strip - but should be good otherwise ...

... then there are all those boozers with beer ...

Dammit!!! I made exactly the same labels!

Guess I will have to go with my fallback label:

Untitled.png

Back