GASTON'S = CERTAIN DEATH!!!!!!

@MAKG1 With full fuel, 2 in the front one in the back and nothing in baggage you can get a bit forward on the CG, depending on weights, perhaps that was it. Interestingly for his post-game analysis he didn't seem particularly interested in examining why an apparently functional plane was suddenly way off book performance.

Another thought. It might just have been the camera angle but it looks like he was quite close to that line of trees on the left. I've been trying to think through what could have affected the ability to climb. Could the proximity of the trees on the left have affected lift performance?

Not sure about the trees, but I am sure that the guy in the left seat was suffering from rectal-cranial inversion, which WILL affect aircraft performance...

Don't know much about RG Cessnas, but the dangling main gear certainly looks very draggy. The guy however claims that he immediately(!) gained 7 kts, the moment the nose gear came up. I thought that this sounds questionable.
In the second video, at around 6 minutes, it also appears as whether the flaps are still at 10°, even though he is going 92 kts. Does this even make any sense in a Cardinal? In our Mooney, this would already be beyond VFE and the induced drag would be (very) significant. Can’t imagine that we would have much climb performance left.

Like others, I am not a big fan of pilot bashing, but this guy doesn't show the slightest bit of willingness to learn and appears to be completely full of himself…

How the hell would he know the nosegear came up? Cardinal RGs do not have three gear lights. There is only one. And it will be neither amber nor green while the main gear are hanging out (actually, there are two lights -- one is all three gear up, the other is all three down and locked). I didn't see a wing mirror. Correlating the video would be rather error prone.

You can feel a pretty good thump when the mains lock (up or down), but not the nosegear.

Cessna Vfe's tend to be pretty high for 10 flaps. Same deal with gear. At 90 KIAS, he can basically configure it however he wants without breaking stuff.

How the hell would he know the nosegear came up? Cardinal RGs do not have three gear lights. There is only one. And it will be neither amber nor green while the main gear are hanging out (actually, there are two lights -- one is all three gear up, the other is all three down and locked). I didn't see a wing mirror. Correlating the video would be rather error prone.

You can feel a pretty good thump when the mains lock (up or down), but not the nosegear.

Cessna Vfe's tend to be pretty high for 10 flaps. Same deal with gear. At 90 KIAS, he can basically configure it however he wants without breaking stuff.

Well I mean... as the other post already stated... watching the gear swing test, you're dragging the mains sideways for quite a while. There's 0 chance he flipped gear up and immediately gained 7 knots. He's just entirely HUA. Both in flying the plane and in his own review.

Nothing like watching a SE Cessna gear retraction! Like some homeward bird or sumptin'.

Guys, care to downvote his stupid video? It is easy, just click on the thumb down button.
And feel free to post comments to let him know that this is not cool.
He makes us pilots look like retards. I don't appreciate that.

Done. You know who would be a perfect date for this clown? C'mon try hard now. It's a female on POA (and not Cajun) so shouldn't be that difficult to figure out. :D

Yah, but pages 2 - 32 only said "This page intentionally left blank"

Someone copy that to the pet peeve thread since printing that immediately makes the page NOT blank. Haha.

Seriously though, look at the Gastons 2015 thread and someone posted some instructions and a youtube video that walks you through landing and what to look out for

Sticky material.

Done. You know who would be a perfect date for this clown? C'mon try hard now. It's a female on POA (and not Cajun) so shouldn't be that difficult to figure out. :D

GG? LOL

Good thing I learned to fly at KHRO and had 3M0 (only 29 NM away) in my logbook at least a 1/2 dozen times before even getting my PPL.

I learned early in my piloting career how dangerous it is. I even died there three times. This is simply my latest reincarnated iteration.

Wonder how much drag those FOUR externally mounted gopros add... ;)

Maybe a 10,000 paved runway is safer (recalls a former POAer that would fly out of anything less tha about 4500 feet paved)...

Puh... Puh... Puh.... It's right on my lips somewhere... Darn, I lost it.

I haven't seen her post anything in a while. I wonder if it is because of her blow up about Cajun or because she doesn't have a product to peddle.

I am going to go ahead and admit this....
I breathe on all my flights.

Feels so good to get that off my chest.

Samesies.

His little subtitles like, *breathing, reminded me of the chocolate rain guy of YouTube fame.
*I stepped away from the keyboard to get more Cheetos *

I follow him on snapchat, looks like all he does is fish and drink and occasionally ferry an airplane. Pretty sweet life looks like.

He just deleted all the comments that were not in support of his douchebaggery.

ETA: And my comment wasn't mean. All I wrote was that if he was really that scared, he should have been focusing on flying the plane and not talking. And that when he did talk, he shouldn't have been saying things that would have scared his pax.

How the hell would he know the nosegear came up? ...

Interesting I just watched the video again. The nose gear retracts right away, I don't think that is supposed to happen until the middle of the cycle if the down lock forces are set correctly, as in the retraction test vid. That's part of the reason the whole cycle is so draggy, the nosegear door is still out while the wheels are sideways and hanging down.

Wait a minute. Is this guy really Kenny Tan???

Almost spit out my Coke on that one... LOL!

I really want someone to just go post this thread's URL in the comments since he deletes anything negative, just so he can see how much the aviation world loves his video. Hahaha.

This sounds like a job for @SixPapaCharlie ... Where is my parachute shaped spotlight?!

Almost spit out my Coke on that one... LOL!

I really want someone to just go post this thread's URL in the comments since he deletes anything negative, just so he can see how much the aviation world loves his video. Hahaha.

This sounds like a job for @SixPapaCharlie ... Where is my parachute shaped spotlight?!
I already did... he deleted it... not sure if he actually came over here or not.

Nothing like watching a SE Cessna gear retraction! Like some homeward bird or sumptin'.

I've always thought they look like a crippled duck while the gear is doing it's weird thing . . . even when I saw my first one as a Student Pilot.

Back