Gaston's Beginner - what to bring

Nick,
First, don't leave the meat in a hot truck again this year, ya hear?
Second, Didn't see anything about margaritas w/o tequila. I said that I used Patron Silver last year, and Kent said you (well margaritas in general :rolleyes:) aren't worth the good stuff and cheaped out with Sauza Hornitos.:no::hairraise:

He apparently doesn't realize that my margaritas have a LOT of tequila, so you use the good stuff. General recipe:
2 part tequila
2 part fresh squeezed lime juice
1 part triple sec
1 part Grand Marnier
1 part premium orange juice
a little syrup to taste

pour over ice in salted rim glasses and garnish with lime.

Holy Crap, those sound good! My wife read this and requested a double.

James dean

The last time I came, I was lucky to get there with just the airplane and my wife, son and his wife. We flew from Vale Or. to Bloomington IL. and then on to Gastons. We were given the greatest effort award for coming the farthest. I am looking forward to attending again, but I am not flying in my plane.

Kent said you (well margaritas in general :rolleyes:) aren't worth the good stuff and cheaped out with Sauza Hornitos.:no::hairraise:

He apparently doesn't realize that my margaritas have a LOT of tequila, so you use the good stuff.

No, Grant... I'm saying that anything better than Sauza Hornitos, you are wasting your money 'cuz you can't tell the diff any more when mixed in a 'rita. There's a great little mexican restaurant (true mex, not tex-mex) in Milwaukee that makes margaritas that can kick MY ass and that's not easy. And they're like 6 oz. so that means they must be damn near pure tequila. But, you can't taste it like you can with a crappy (Cuervo) tequila. They use Hornitos.

Patron, that's sippin' tequila not margarita tequila!

The last time I came, I was lucky to get there with just the airplane and my wife, son and his wife. We flew from Vale Or. to Bloomington IL. and then on to Gastons. We were given the greatest effort award for coming the farthest. I am looking forward to attending again, but I am not flying in my plane.
So does traveling from OK to MN and then traveling back south in the Diamond to Gastons qualify as greatest effort? Actualy I dont mind it at all other than these crazy winds are gonna turn our 4 hour trip into 6 or more! Someone sacrifice a large trout to the wind gods. We'll get there someway or another!

No, Grant... I'm saying that anything better than Sauza Hornitos, you are wasting your money 'cuz you can't tell the diff any more when mixed in a 'rita. There's a great little mexican restaurant (true mex, not tex-mex) in Milwaukee that makes margaritas that can kick MY ass and that's not easy. And they're like 6 oz. so that means they must be damn near pure tequila. But, you can't taste it like you can with a crappy (Cuervo) tequila. They use Hornitos.

Patron, that's sippin' tequila not margarita tequila!
Well, I'm bringing 1.5L of Hornitos and .75L of Patron Silver. Probably about 2L of fresh-squeezed lime juice. We'll be happy whether we want to sip tequila or margaritas.:drink::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back