Gaston's 2009 T-Shirts

Me three on the pocket.

Sooo... since I am reasonable sure none of you guys smoke, what do you plan to carry in said pockets? Pocket protectors, Slide rules???? Curious minds want to know :)

Sooo... since I am reasonable sure none of you guys smoke, what do you plan to carry in said pockets? Pocket protectors, Slide rules???? Curious minds want to know :)

Top 10 uses of a pocket for a non-smoker:

10) Pens
09) Beer salt (for the chicks)
08) Chaw plugs
07) Cellphone
06) Beer
05) Shotglass
04) Condoms
03) Beer
02) Beer
01) Beer

Real men roll their smokes up into the short sleeve. ;) Think Bowzer from Sha Na Na :rofl:

Only comment about a heavier shirt, don't expect me to wear it while there if it's hot. Maybe after the sun goes down.

Only comment about a heavier shirt, don't expect me to wear it while there if it's hot. Maybe after the sun goes down.

I do believe it is ALWAYS hot there. That said, going around without a shirt is sure to make you pretty popular with the boys. :D:rofl:

I like the weight of the last round of shirts. i wear mine through the summer and its not too bad. yea a pocket would be cool. i need somewhere to put my sliderule.

Kate,
Are you going to start an order thread or do you want us to just PM you? Also, How do you want paid? PayPal, Money Order, Cashiers Check?

Kate,
Are you going to start an order thread or do you want us to just PM you? Also, How do you want paid? PayPal, Money Order, Cashiers Check?
Last time, I think everyone just emailed Spike and he actually came out alright at Gastons, where everyone paid him cash. Even the shirts ordered by people who didn't show up were taken by others there. Do you think the fear of lawsuits may have had something to do with it?:rofl:

Of course, he had the funds available to "stock" the merchandise (and I'm sure it wasn't an insubstantial amount), not something that I expect a CFI to be able to do!:no:

No pocket... it looks bad on the well endowed girls. :D:blowingkisses:

Pockets can pose a problem for us well endowed girls, I have to agree...but, I'm not sure one pocket would be nearly as noticeable as two pockets. In other words, I don't have a definite opinion on pocket/no pocket...

...but, IF I had the final say in anything:yesnod:, I would say that I prefer something other than a t-shirt cause those don't do much for my girly figure:no:.

People wear pocket shirts?

Some girls aren't so well-endowed... oh wait, I can't go to Gaston's this year. Maybe next year.

Disappointed to hear you won't make it...put it on your calendar for next year.:yesnod:
Bad timing this year. :(

My flying buddy claimed those days to go to his timeshare in Mexico and we can't both be gone at the same time. I'm also taking a block of days the next week because I'm on the Air Race Classic start committee. Hope to be there the next year but that's waaaayyy too far ahead for me to plan anything.

Kate,

I'll bump the thread with a new post as well as edit post#1 in this thread.

Tomorrow given our bad wx I will have time to organize something.

Last time, I think everyone just emailed Spike and he actually came out alright at Gastons, where everyone paid him cash. Even the shirts ordered by people who didn't show up were taken by others there. Do you think the fear of lawsuits may have had something to do with it?:rofl:

Of course, he had the funds available to "stock" the merchandise (and I'm sure it wasn't an insubstantial amount), not something that I expect a CFI to be able to do!:no:

Love to claim credit, but it was Chip...

...and yes, he took orders by email and PM, and collected cashish at the fly-in, and IIRC it worked out just fine.

Love to claim credit, but it was Chip...

...and yes, he took orders by email and PM, and collected cashish at the fly-in, and IIRC it worked out just fine.
I know it was Chip. I was just testing your veracity! :):redface: All you Handsome Southerners look alike to us Yankees!:eek::yesnod:

(Especially since I properly credited him earlier!:yikes:)

Simple mind (mine) can't remember what's happening long enough to properly appreciate your cerebral humor...

That's the key issue to avoid. Cafe Press T-Shirts are like home made quick presses on Fruit of the Looms that don't last. Chip's supplier had great quality shirts and long-lasting printing.

See my edit to post #1. HOPEFULLY their new direct printing process is much better than what I think before was kind of like an iron-on transfer. No guarantees. I ordered two.

Cafe Press? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :nono:

Can't we use Casual...the one that Spike set up for POA?

Where are the "loose fit" T-Shirts? :D

Mike I just saw your post.

It was going to be far too big a hassle to do the T-shirts all myself -- take orders, shipments, payments... then worry about getting shirts to people... what if they don't show up? What am I going to do if I am out money? What would I do with extra shirts? Regular companies require you to order a bunch at once.

The other company -- well sorry, but I didn't even know what it was, and I wasn't about to spend more weeks figuring this all out. We need a quick print-on-demand solution.

I'm sorry, but it was either this company or nothing. Take it or leave it. Remember I volunteered for this somewhat against my will. If you would like to design a shirt with the other company you are more than welcome to.

Kate - great! That logo looks awesome, did you design it?

Kate - great! That logo looks awesome, did you design it?

Of course! Except I cheated. It is a modification of existing graphics. My friend helped me with file format conversion and using Adobe Illustrator.

I'm not attending this year...still on the mend from hip surgery but here's my two cents. Our race team used cafe press and the shirts were fine, multiple washings and still look good. They are fast and easy to deal with, besides it's a t shirt not the coveted green jacket from the masters or whatever golf tournament that is.

Great looking design Kate!! I may order one and have my neighbor airbrush "the one that I missed" and have a guy on crutches or a walker. :)

Wish I was able to attend.....:frown3:

Okay, I placed an order. When completed, I got a screen asking for emails, and they'll send a $5 coupon to the emails. So if you're planning to order, PM me your email address and I'll enter it. (They require your email address on checkout anyway.)

That's right! At CafePress.com we want your friends to be our friends, too. Let 'em know about CafePress.com and everyone gets a discount.
Simply fill out the form to the right and we'll send each of your friends an email directly from you. Inside the email will be an introduction to CafePress.com and a one-time coupon for $5 off their first purchase at CafePress.com.
And for your time spent typing, we'll toss you a $5 coupon for your next purchase. Everybody wins!
Note: $5 coupon is good on your next CafePress.com purchase of $50 or more, not including sales tax, shipping and gift services.

Can't we use Casual...the one that Spike set up for POA?

Where are the "loose fit" T-Shirts? :D

Seeing as Kate did all the work on this, I don't think any of us are in a position to complain. Besides, I think they look great (even though I won't order one - I don't need any more t-shirts).

Kate, great job! :yes:

For what it's worth, we use CafePress for ARF (Animal Rescue Flights). I have my ARF t-shirt that I wear when I'm running missions or otherwise representing the organization. I found that it shrunk after the first wash a bit, but seems to have stayed consistent after that. We got this started back in February, so not long ago.

I'd use them again, and fully intend on it.

Mike,

Since Cafe Press first got a bad rep on this board, I believe they've made not one, but TWO drastic improvements in their process. I think it's time we stop badmouthing them long enough to see if their product is worthwhile now. :yes:

Mike,

Since Cafe Press first got a bad rep on this board, I believe they've made not one, but TWO drastic improvements in their process. I think it's time we stop badmouthing them long enough to see if their product is worthwhile now. :yes:
+1 , Thanks for the work Kate, they look great.

(even though I won't order one - I don't need any more t-shirts).

Sure about that???? a join order would mean cheeper shipping!

Tho I would have liked a tank top for how hot it will be there.

Last edited:
Ted, in my short life I have learned that there is no such thing as too many Tshirts.

Sure about that???? a join order would mean cheeper shipping!

Tho I would have liked a tank top for how hot it will be there.

Missa- I am adding a tank top as we speak. Check back in a bit.

Back