Gastons 2007

Kaye said:
At least the hubby isn't nervous about flying.

That is GREAT! I just cancelled a perfectly good weekend to Hilton Head.

I just keep muttering "for better or worse, for better or worse..." :dunno:

I am not reading this thread. I am not reading this thread. I am not reading this thread.....

I will just be getting back from Italy so not sure if I can make it - I can try - maybe someone local will also be going.

Missa said:
And I thought the middle of PA would be closer... Sniffel unless you just think I suck as a pilot... sniffel.:rolleyes:

Missa

Oh my gosh, Missa! You know better than that. After all, you're a Babe as well as a POA'er! :yes:

Anthony said:
I am not reading this thread. I am not reading this thread. I am not reading this thread.....

Gastons. Gastons. Gastons. You are getting s l e e p y... Gastons. Gastons. Gastons.

At least you'll be closer this year.

Bill Jennings said:
Maybe ApacheBob could put together a chain to get you the rest of the way home. Then you could write a nice article about that and Gastons for AOPA.
Another article about Gaston's would be great! I'm looking forward to seeing Ken's article in Sport Aviation. :)

Bill Jennings said:
I try every year, but the ideal of sitting around all weekend and talking/flying airplanes doesn't rank high on her excitement meter. So, there will be room. Even if they do come, I have the 182 this year. I'd have to do quick W&B, but I'd think we all could go if I don't tank all 87 gallons.

Bring her along -- then she and my wife can sit around and talk about how stupid we are for wanting to sit around and talk about airplanes all the time. :)

-Chris

yea chris, and i think im going to try to drag leah down again, so three's a crowd!

Hum... well at the monthly club meeting tonight I learned that I misunderstood one of the club rules.

The rules state that PRIVATE grass strips are off limits with out the board's approval, not all grass strips. Any public use grass strip is fair game. :yes: So I can fly into Gastons! I just can't stop by Diana's on the way... :eek:

Yea! :goofy:

Missa

Missa said:
I just can't stop by Diana's on the way...
There is a paved runway only 5 miles away, so I can always come and get you. :)

Missa said:
The rules state that PRIVATE grass strips are off limits with out the board's approval, not all grass strips. Any public use grass strip is fair game. :yes: So I can fly into Gastons! I just can't stop by Diana's on the way... :eek:

Yea! :goofy:

Missa

Good for you! Time for me to challenge King Ralph and see if I can at least bring the Skyhawk to Gastons...at least something. Ugh.

I'm still waiting for someone to step up and take responsibility for meal coordination and restaurant reservations. This will need to be done while coordinating several aviation forums (and not just this one). :)

Diana:

Thank you SO MUCH for agreeing, again, to handle this vital duty. Such a strong woman, in such a petite package. It is no wonder that you are loved by all who know you!

All hail, Queen Diana! :rofl::rolleyes::princess::goofy::cheerswine::yes::D;):wineglass:

Diana said:
I'm still waiting for someone to step up and take responsibility for meal coordination and restaurant reservations. This will need to be done while coordinating several aviation forums (and not just this one). :)

SCCutler said:
Diana:
Thank you SO MUCH for agreeing, again, to handle this vital duty.
:hairraise:

uhhhh, I was looking for the replacement person. :yes:

SCCutler said:
Such a strong woman, in such a petite package. It is no wonder that you are loved by all who know you!
Spike Cutler, you are such a smooth talkin' man. :yes: I think this particular desirable trait that you posses would make you the likely victim.....oops, candidate for the job. Thanks for volunteering! :cheerswine:

Diana said:
:hairraise:

uhhhh, I was looking for the replacement person. :yes:

Ah, but you know- we all know- there can be no "replacement" for a legend.

Diana said:
Spike Cutler, you are such a smooth talkin' man. :yes: I think this particular desirable trait that you posses would make you the likely victim.....oops, candidate for the job. Thanks for volunteering! :cheerswine:

Yep... the job of sweet-talking lil' ol' you into maintaining your standard of unmatched excellence, incomparable class and unlimited persuasion. In fact, maybe we should rename it, "Diana's Days Excellent Airborne Adventure Fly-In."

dont worry spike, we wont hold you to the standards Diana has set. In fact, as long as the restaurant is open while we are there, we will consider you successful! :)

SCCutler said:
Ah, but you know- we all know- there can be no "replacement" for a legend.

Yep... the job of sweet-talking lil' ol' you into maintaining your standard of unmatched excellence, incomparable class and unlimited persuasion. In fact, maybe we should rename it, "Diana's Days Excellent Airborne Adventure Fly-In."
I should know better than to try to out-talk a lawyer. :D And a sweet one at that! :yes:

Kaye said:
This year will be a reverse. I plan to do the extra days before Gastons, so you'd have a ride back home. I like Bill's plan in making it an adventure and writing it up in AOPA. :yes:

Well, now I'm changing my mind (I'm a woman, remember, I'm entitled :D ). I'm thinking about doing Gaston's first and then head on out to Phoenix. That should be an adventure!

Kaye said:
Well, now I'm changing my mind (I'm a woman, remember, I'm entitled :D ). I'm thinking about doing Gaston's first and then head on out to Phoenix. That should be an adventure!

OK, then Jill can have a ride back to Chattanooga, and maybe the chain can get her home from there?

Kaye, let me know if Dallas is on your way (out west). Would love to have you stop by comin or goin!

I'm probably a day tripper again. Up and back on Satruday. I'll try to check to see if Ron and Brandon can make the trip again with me.

Best,

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Kaye, let me know if Dallas is on your way (out west). Would love to have you stop by comin or goin!

I'm probably a day tripper again. Up and back on Satruday. I'll try to check to see if Ron and Brandon can make the trip again with me.

Best,

Dave
Dave, I'm going to try to hang around long enough to actually meet you in person this time!!!

Ken Ibold said:
Dave, I'm going to try to hang around long enough to actually meet you in person this time!!!

I'd enjoy that very much Ken; you don't have to hang around me in public if you're tryin to keep your clean reputation in tact <g>.

Maybe if you get there before me, you can give me a PIREP on grass condition. I'll probably have to go to Mountain Home, but, if the turf is as hard as last year, maybe I could land there.

Best,

Dave

Ken Ibold said:

Yeah, 'tween the two of you, you aggregated about thirty minutes of ground time!

OK, it was more, but it certainly seemed like that.

Bill Jennings said:
OK, then Jill can have a ride back to Chattanooga, and maybe the chain can get her home from there?

Cool! This leg will be in the new-to-you plane, right Bill? :cheerswine:

HEY! I resemble that remark. U sayin as I approch my retirement years I'm not entitle to a quickie---is THAT what Ur sayin :rofl:

Unfortunately, I had taken off work before and was headin to Hawaii afterward. My trust fund just isn't big enough to do all the things I would like (unlike Dr. Bruce :rolleyes:). My passenger was also limited to a bein a 'day triper' and I really wanted Brandon to go. I did get to meet some great folks!!

Best,

Dave

SCCutler said:
Yeah, 'tween the two of you, you aggregated about thirty minutes of ground time!

OK, it was more, but it certainly seemed like that.
I always WANTED to be an enigma.

Dave Siciliano said:

Best,

Dave

Thanks, Dave! I'll keep that on the list of stops.

555Juliet said:
Cool! This leg will be in the new-to-you plane, right Bill? :cheerswine:

I would love it if we had a new plane by then. That is kind of my goal, a good plane in time for Gastons. If not, we have the club 182, and she is a nice bird, so it's all good.

When is it for 2007? I'm just getting connected with a club organized around a cherokee 180, so I just might be able to fly there!!

Of course, my chicken-hearted self might need someone to help me get into Gastons, but hell, I don't care! :)

Is the paved airport at Mtn Home Arkansas?

I have an ex-wife in Mtn Home Arkansas ... :eek:

etsisk said:
When is it for 2007? I'm just getting connected with a club organized around a cherokee 180, so I just might be able to fly there!!

Of course, my chicken-hearted self might need someone to help me get into Gastons, but hell, I don't care! :)

In that case, hit up Flippin. Either one is visible from the pattern at Gastons.

Don't let the ex-wife ruin it for ya. :D

Tom, you could land a Cherokee at Gaston's with your eyes closed. OK, maybe not that, but it is not difficult at all.

But for an idea how close Mountain Home is, when you take off from Gaston's, you are essentially lined up for Mountain Home.

To answer your 1st question, it's scheduled for the 2nd weekend in June 2007.

More info at http://www.gastonsflyin.com/

Anything smaller than a King Air 200 would have no problem getting in or out of Gaston's. A wide range of skill levels successfully accomplish the feat on a daily basis, the only limiting factor is the initial pilot perception. There will be plenty of CFI and higher qualified individuals available to assist you the first time if you desire. Discretion is the better part of valor.

etsisk said:

Hell, if *I* can do it, it can't be too tough, right, Steve?

wsuffa said:
Whenever Anthony can't come..... ;) :eek:

That may be difficult to avoid if he gets assigned to many more locations! Who knows, I see a different one every time I log on :yes:

Dave

I'm working on getting things lined up myself. I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing my grandfather along, and perhaps a friend of mine. Gonna try to make reservations within the next few weeks.

By the way, how close is the nearest grocery store, in case we wanted to cook on Friday and Saturday morning?

wbarnhill said:
I'm working on getting things lined up myself. I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing my grandfather along, and perhaps a friend of mine. Gonna try to make reservations within the next few weeks.

By the way, how close is the nearest grocery store, in case we wanted to cook on Friday and Saturday morning?

Store is about 5 milles away and you can use one of Gaston's Vans. There is talk of doing a BBQ at one of the cabins on Friday and Saturday. Food is $$$$$$$$$$ and over rated. Sunday brunch is the best, save you money and do it, thats a must. Hope to see you there!

Back