Garmin 480 /cx480 flight plan

ExpressJetter

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
ExpressJetter
Just wondering if it is still possible or how people zap a flight plan from a phone, tablet, or 796 to the Garmin 480. I'm still relatively new to the 480 and would like to use this feature. Aside from getting an old palm pilot with IR, is there modern equipment that can do this?

Thanks

Just wondering if it is still possible or how people zap a flight plan from a phone, tablet, or 796 to the Garmin 480. I'm still relatively new to the 480 and would like to use this feature. Aside from getting an old palm pilot with IR, is there modern equipment that can do this?

Thanks

No zap that I am aware of, but they are easy to enter as all the airways, etc, are already stored.

No zapping unfortunately but as Kristin mentioned, creating flightplans on the 480 is a breeze.

The manual says it has an ir recieved so flight plans can be planned on a handheld device and wirelessly transferred to the unit. That is the zap that I'm talking about

Yeah, the 480 supports infra-red transfer using the old style PDA's from the 90s.

So nothing of modern technology will work with that system in guessing

Nothing modern. I really miss having the flight stream 210. I do like the 480 and think it’s a very good legacy unit. It was ahead of it’s time with easy to program holds and airways.

Yeah, the 480 supports infra-red transfer using the old style PDA's from the 90s.
Did they ever enable that? My old installation manual says it's "not currently used but in the future might be used..."

Nothing modern. I really miss having the flight stream 210. I do like the 480 and think it’s a very good legacy unit. It was ahead of it’s time with easy to program holds and airways.
That's unfortunate

Apollo probably had a plan to enable sharing flight plan via IR, don’t thing big G went for it. It takes some time to get used to putting in a flight plan in 480, once you figure it out it makes a whole lot more sense.

Back