Garmin 430 Sim. Where's The Most Up-to-Date Download?

Any link to how to do that?
You can probably find it by searching with Google but the essence is:
  1. Transfer the avn_db.bin file from the Garmin disc to your PC.
  2. Rename it worldwide.bin
  3. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GNS400W-500W Trainer\Trainer\ (assuming the standard default installation)
  4. Replace the worldwide.bin file there with the new one.

3. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GNS400W-500W Trainer\Trainer\ (assuming the standard default installation)
Thanks. I’ll have to give it a try.

who ARE you??? :)

who ARE you??? :)
A fan of Heinlein's SF novels :D

I'm in a club with a G1000 DA40. We have the trainer but the database was old enough that some local airports changed identifiers. So I searched to see if we could update it. Learned about the GNS in the process. There doesn't seem to be a way to do it in the GTN.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the file off of a Garmin GNS430 card? Or any other way to get access on my PC if I have a subscription for a 430? The update to a Garmin card doesn’t appear to leave an intermediate copy on the pc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a subscription you should be able to download the file from Garmin and save it on your computer.

If you have a subscription you should be able to download the file from Garmin and save it on your computer.

Any particular steps you could share? I haven’t found a way, as the app loads the database directly to the card without any way to save a copy on the pc. But I would appreciate any knowledge of how it might be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never actually done it. Sorry, was just thinking about how it probably works.

Back