GA Shipments continue Upward Trend

FPK1

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
FPK1
New shipments of general aviation's most popular models have continued on an upward trajectory following a bumper third quarter in 2023.

07aa6432919b372bdd89ff72ae400ab8.jpg

well, would have been hard to go lower

:-/

New shipments of general aviation's most popular models have continued on an upward trajectory following a bumper third quarter in 2023.
Be interesting to know what percentage were delivered to the private/recreational side of GA.

That 1 Bonanza is really interesting. Wonder if it was a single special order or did they have extra resources and said "let's make one to see if it sells"?

That 1 Bonanza is really interesting. Wonder if it was a single special order or did they have extra resources and said "let's make one to see if it sells"?
Production of the G36 restarted in April 2022. A new base model G36 Bonanza from the factory costs $1,100,000. With a few options added, the price increases to $1,150,000...

Pretty good news for GA. The major players are selling everything they can make with long waiting lists. Take a year or more to get most new planes right now. Used market is benefiting from that as well.

So what’s the waiting list for a new G36?

So what’s the waiting list for a new G36?
January 2022

"Some of Johnson’s customers want factory-new G36 models, but there’s a long waiting list due to Textron’s limited production."

January 2022

"Some of Johnson’s customers want factory-new G36 models, but there’s a long waiting list due to Textron’s limited production."

If a new one is north of $1 million, why not buy a good used one and pour AMU's into it? Would think you could get a decent airframe for ~ $100 to $200k, spend another $100k on avionics, $100k on new engine, and $100K on paint, sheetmetal work, interior and have something better than new for half the price.

If a new one is north of $1 million, why not buy a good used one and pour AMU's into it? Would think you could get a decent airframe for ~ $100 to $200k, spend another $100k on avionics, $100k on new engine, and $100K on paint, sheetmetal work, interior and have something better than new for half the price.

...because they're impostors. Well, financed millionaires, if you prefer euphemisms. They don't have any actual money of their own. And most are varying levels of tax cheats too. New airplanes are priced for tax sheltering.

It's the stuff they can't finance what drives any scintilla of price-elasticity in this hyper-financialized, purchasing-power robbing economy anymore. Why do you think people always squeal like a stuck pig about lower order-of-magnitude mx and insurance costs, while uttering that "cApEx iS dUh CheEpeSt pArt oF oWnInG" banality in the same sentence? Well, there's your sign.

...because they're impostors. Well, financed millionaires, if you prefer euphemisms. They don't have any actual money of their own. And most are varying levels of tax cheats too. New airplanes are priced for tax sheltering.

It's the stuff they can't finance what drives any scintilla of price-elasticity in this hyper-financialized, purchasing-power robbing economy anymore. Why do you think people always squeal like a stuck pig about lower order-of-magnitude mx and insurance costs, while uttering that "cApEx iS dUh CheEpeSt pArt oF oWnInG" banality in the same sentence? Well, there's your sign.
Sadly this take has way too much merit... and far beyond aviation too.
Provide cheap, available financing for XYZ and you'll see a race-to-the-bottom in terms of affordability for XYZ. It's a financial law as scientifically reproducible as the physical laws of gravity.
Ask for cash up front and the cost/benefit picture gets absolutely flipped on its head. Funny enough, that exact inflection point in financing availability is precisely the moment the stuck pig squealing commences. Disclaimer: with my mx bills I squeal as loud as the best of them :yesnod:

I'm reminded of the guy at my airfield who my A&P was telling me bought a new Cirrus SR22T then broke the wheel fairings and didn't have the budget to replace them. How do you spend over a million dollars on a new Cirrus and not have money for fairings? Easy. Someone gave you a million bucks for the Cirrus, and no one is going to give you a few thousand for fairings. The idea someone would buy a new A36 instead of buying used and upgrading to better-than-new for the same reason seems not only completely plausible but likely.

Provide cheap, available financing for XYZ and you'll see a race-to-the-bottom in terms of affordability for XYZ. It's a financial law as scientifically reproducible as the physical laws of gravity.
Ask for cash up front and the cost/benefit picture gets absolutely flipped on its head. Funny enough, that exact inflection point in financing availability is precisely the moment the stuck pig squealing commences. Disclaimer: with my mx bills I squeal as loud as the best of them :yesnod:

I'm reminded of the guy at my airfield who my A&P was telling me bought a new Cirrus SR22T then broke the wheel fairings and didn't have the budget to replace them. How do you spend over a million dollars on a new Cirrus and not have money for fairings? Easy. Someone gave you a million bucks for the Cirrus, and no one is going to give you a few thousand for fairings. The idea someone would buy a new A36 instead of buying used and upgrading to better-than-new for the same reason seems not only completely plausible but likely.
Bingo. Quoted because I can't like it twice.

My dad’s favorite saying… Big hat. No cattle

That shows small numbers over a short period of time (one year) so it's not particularly meaningful, but I was dazzled today to pick up a Controller magazine and see someone asking well over $300k for two separate 1975 C206's. As a C206 owner (also 1975 model) I wish those were realistic numbers for my estate executors (when the time comes . . . :) )

C206.jpg

Back