G5 simulator?

sarangan

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew, CFI-I
Is there a G5 simulator just like the 430/530 simulator? It would nice if there were a coupled system that works together for learning purposes.

Looking for same. Also looking for one that will work in Prepar3d.

There is one button and one button/knob. I will simulate it for you right now. Hold the left one and it turns off or you can adjust the backlight (with the twisty right one), twist the right knob and it adjusts the baro pressure. Push the second one and turn to get to your altitude preselect other installer enabled functions, in our case zeroing out the horizon bar to set for level flight. Hold both buttons and you go into install mode which is where the magic happens.

That will be $19.99 but you can just send me a $20.

It would be nice and helpful, but I suspect one of the problems would be that once past the basics of getting used to a glass display - tapes on the AI , GS diamond on the HSI - and the menus, so much (including some of the menus) is about how it interfaces with different autopilots.

If you get another G5 you get two extra buttons.

Attachments

• 59287892412__C4621878-C0AC-4108-952B-9AD79BE67F02.jpg
    59287892412__C4621878-C0AC-4108-952B-9AD79BE67F02.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 26
There is one button and one button/knob. I will simulate it for you right now. Hold the left one and it turns off or you can adjust the backlight (with the twisty right one), twist the right knob and it adjusts the baro pressure. Push the second one and turn to get to your altitude preselect other installer enabled functions, in our case zeroing out the horizon bar to set for level flight. Hold both buttons and you go into install mode which is where the magic happens.

^^^ This ^^^

The only thing you would really need a simulator for is it's interactions with any one or three of 20-200 possible combinations, so you're unlikely to find a simulator of any value.

Very funny, but the "magic" you refer to has more than a dozen options and configurations. Watch this:

Sorry, I am not sending $19.99 for that :)

Very funny, but the "magic" you refer to has more than a dozen options and configurations. Watch this:

Sorry, I am not sending $19.99 for that :)

Those aren't user level options. Those are installer options, you should definitely play with those cruising at 130kts.

A simulator would be nice to for those wanting to understand the GFC500 annunciations. Sometimes the books just suck.

A simulator would be nice to for those wanting to understand the GFC500 annunciations. Sometimes the books just suck.

I agree. That is why I have flown a bunch at night when then airspace is quiet so I could push buttons without dodging aircraft in the pattern as I can't get it from a book either. Took off and did approaches up in CYS to see what would happen if I push the wrong buttons and what happens when I get them right. Certainly don't want to be in actual guessing which buttons to push.

Back