Future Russian Cargo Plane ?

Art VanDelay

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Art VanDelay
i like the lines of this one. Don't know how possible it might be but still pretty cool ;

I like it. Very tactical as heat signature goes and makes good use of space. I'm no electrical engineer but I'd be curious how much output the turbine generator will have to power two large fans. Cover the entire upper half in solar panels???:)

Looks cool but it seems like it is one of those ideas that's too clever for it's own good.

I'm afraid the real PAK TA is going to look more like Il-106. All we saw in that video is concept art that V-D contracted for whatever reason. Something did happen in March 2015 when this video was produced. It was the time when the project "Ermak" was revealed to public, which is probably not coincidental.

Russians do work on a weird-looking airplane though: the PAK DA, a replacement for both Tu-95MS and Tu-160. The MoD just anounced that a mockup was completed and presented to the state commission. But of course it's mostly secret at this point. Pictures weren't leaked. We only know that it employs a flying wing architecture. They promise to unveil it some time in 2018.

Will it be available as a kit? Can I substitute a couple lycomings for the stupid turbines? Is there a plan for a high wing?

No, no.... we all know the future Russian cargo airline...

Attachments

• IMG_4397.JPG
    IMG_4397.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 14
Back