Fuel Prices

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador
With lower crude oil prices and the looming end of summer has anyone seen any evidence of AV gas prices coming down?

91E10 has dropped 25% since July. Getting it for $3.52 now.

Doughnut prices are also down in the last couple months.

It takes AvGas longer to move lower because it's batched infrequently.

Cheapest 100LL in our area is $4.69. That's probably only down ten or fifteen cents at that airport (KTKX) which is always cheap.

Of course, if crude prices rise, 100LL follows suit immediately. Capitalism donchaknow.

DMW droppoed from $5.98 to $5.68. Not a bunch, but beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Just dropped the Bo off for the annual. I had a friend fly me back and he decided to fill up at the airport where my mechanic is at. $5.00/G for 100LL.

He said it was $5.20 at the airport up the road from us (4M3). I told him sorry - I've been paying $3.20 at the local filling station ;)

I bought in July, about 11,000 gallons. It will still be awhile before I need to buy again. We do adjust our price between loads based on prices within a 100NM radius. We went down 10 cents about a month ago. Its about time to do another survey. Usually, about 75% in that radius are higher than us for full service. SS is 30 cents cheaper.

Prices are all over the higher end of the map in NJ, ranging from $9.58 at Teterboro to $5.55 at 47N. For many of the local airports prices have gone up recently to the $6.00-$6.50 range with the justification being an AvGas shortage on the east coast. At the same time a few of them have lowered their prices, and maintained the lower prices.

Still over 6.00 in my area,100 ll goes up like a rocket and comes down on a parachute.

100LL is trending lower in the SouthEast... Hopefully, it will continue through the winter.

It's been a steady $6.05 for most of the summer at the self serve pumps. No indications of coming down.

Kcno is great in So Cal picked up 250g today to top the main tanks in my plane today for $4.99/g fs off the truck. Of course is it truly full service when you sit on your wing and fill it yourself?

Good news only burned 110g on our 1.3 hr flight. 15sob 100deg at Kcno but felt great when we got to the coast.

Atc even cleared us to fly at 1000agl over Disneyland! The passengers loved it.
ejyzazap.jpg

G.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I bought in July, about 11,000 gallons. It will still be awhile before I need to buy again. We do adjust our price between loads based on prices within a 100NM radius. We went down 10 cents about a month ago. Its about time to do another survey. Usually, about 75% in that radius are higher than us for full service. SS is 30 cents cheaper.

Conway does the same, but they sample the top tier airports. Like Central at LIT who prices there fuel to keep anything but kerosene burns off the field. I think it was $6.10 a few days ago. I'm hoping the City, who just took over, will play nice. After all, they NEED to attract airplanes to the new airport, not force them elsewhere. It'd be nice to get an MX shop and Avionics in there as well. I think they could put a hurtin on NLR, LIT and HOT if they did have a full service ramp!

So, I just saw auto gas today below $3.00 (2.979), but I haven't seen any movement in 100LL. It's still $5.88 (KPHF)...:sad:

I am seeng $4.80 at Lancaster (nice big airport), $4.55 at Sherman (popular "go-to" fuel stop) and $4.39 at Rusk County in east Texas.

Kcno is great in So Cal picked up 250g today to top the main tanks in my plane today for $4.99/g fs off the truck. Of course is it truly full service when you sit on your wing and fill it yourself?

Good news only burned 110g on our 1.3 hr flight. 15sob 100deg at Kcno but felt great when we got to the coast.

Atc even cleared us to fly at 1000agl over Disneyland! The passengers loved it.
ejyzazap.jpg

G.

What type of aircraft is that?

Foreflight is reporting mid to high $4.00 in Fl, Ms and parts of Tx.... Would be nice if those prices would make it up my way...:yes:

7.79 for 100ll at kpwk. Gotta love Chicago

KOMN has had their self serv 100ll at $4.99 for most of the year. They have recently come all the way down to $4.95. (wow)

100LL SS is running $6.65 at KLOU (Louisville, KY). I found it about $1.00 cheaper for FS at KEYE (Indy) a couple weeks ago. Wherever I go I've been topping off to minimize the pain when I RTB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henderson, Tx 100LL $4.39...:yikes::hairraise: Still hoping these prices make it up my way.:yes:

Still $6.50 at KMPV and similar prices (or higher) most everywhere around here. Exception: state-run fuel operations are still $5.39. (Rumor has it, however, that the price will soon go up due to complaints from the private gougers operators.)

Paid $4.65 for 100LL at KOWP (Tulsa area) yesterday. The cheapest price in our area is $4.69 at Kennett, MO (KTKX)

Paid $3.45 for 93 octane no ethanol on the street locally (Cape Girardeau, MO) today.

Paid $2.97 filling up the truck today.

Last edited:
We're still over $5/gal (nearly $6), But I did buy car gas at $3.01 for a while at Race Trac. But now they're just as high as everyone else, averaging $3.40.

Got full service top off at KCXO this afternoon at $5.49/gal. It's a little bit high for Houston but not bad overall.

Woohoo!!! Paid $3.37 for SS 100LL at Wakefield, Va (KAKQ) yesterday...:yes: Loving it...:goofy:

For the Dallas area, Sherman (SWI) usually has the best price, currently $3.20/gal SS... but, Mesquite (HQZ) has them beat at $3.10/gal SS 100LL. I was passing through a couple of days ago and couldn't afford to not stop in at that price. I only needed 22 gal in my RV-8; wish my tanks could have held more...

And a Beech 18, coooool, I want one! But, it would be hard to justify since I have my RV plus a partnership in a T-28A... my wife would kill me. I just wish we had a source of $3.10 avgas in the Houston area, the T-28 seems to like that stuff at 35-40 gph, ouch.

We all have to realize that even with some incredibly greedy retailers out there that a lot of the 100LL AVGAS pricing problems could be the few refineries that actually produce it. Nothing much can get the "greedys" to reduce their margins as long as we taxi up and say, "Top it off."

Personally, I think some of the busier airports and FBOs price their 100LL as a clear message to 'piston GA' to stay away and not bother them -- think of Teterboro -- they don't need us.

For the bigger picture, here are just a few year-old articles:
http://www.avweb.com/blogs/insider/The-Murky-World-of-Avgas-Prices-222628-1.html

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/...shell-talks-about-steps-toward-unleaded-avgas

http://aviationweek.com/bca/getting-lead-out-future-avgas

How's the search going? So why did you decide the 18 was the plane for you?:dunno:
We closed on a 1960 G18S last week. I'll probably go down to FL to pick it up early January.

I love tailwheels and radial engines and have always had a fondness for the Twin Beech. I'd love to own a DC-3, but that's just not a practical family airplane. Actually had considered a Beech 18 back when I was originally shopping for a twin, but wasn't comfortable with the operating cost at the time.

We love the Baron, but I had been thinking about upgrading to a cabin twin (340 or 414) for a little while. My wife prefers shorter trips and the one thing I don't like about the Baron is the single over the wing door on the pax side - I had thought that the extra speed and pressurization may be a selling point to get my wife to want to do longer trips, but we did a family trip this year out to AZ in the Baron and I came to the realization that even a pressurized twin wouldn't make my wife want to fly those really long trips much more and I just don't see us being able to afford a turbine.

So for us, the Twin Beech makes sense. For our typical trips, the slower speed only adds about 15-20 minutes, but a WHOLE new dimension in comfort and style and a lot of fun. You can literally stand upright in the cabin. Get up, walk around, stretch legs, kids can swap seats in flight and there is a potty in back.

Shoot me a PM if you want to go up and do any safety pilot stuff in it when it gets here. It will probably be at ORF until I can find big enough hangar space at CPK.

We all have to realize that even with some incredibly greedy retailers out there that a lot of the 100LL AVGAS pricing problems could be the few refineries that actually produce it. Nothing much can get the "greedys" to reduce their margins as long as we taxi up and say, "Top it off."

Personally, I think some of the busier airports and FBOs price their 100LL as a clear message to 'piston GA' to stay away and not bother them -- think of Teterboro -- they don't need us.

For the bigger picture, here are just a few year-old articles:
http://www.avweb.com/blogs/insider/The-Murky-World-of-Avgas-Prices-222628-1.html

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/...shell-talks-about-steps-toward-unleaded-avgas

http://aviationweek.com/bca/getting-lead-out-future-avgas

Yeah, I'm with you on that one. My home base is $5.40 (that's with a $0.10/gal dicount). Norfolk is $6.44. Then Wakefied sits at $3.37. That's all In a 15 mile radius. I understand how the system works but it still makes me wonder. :mad2:

Back