FSBO LOW TIME! NO CORROSION!

bnt83

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
Owner insists that the airplane is free of corrosion.

This picture don't even show the spots that are typically the worst, which weren't provided.

Be careful out there in the buying/selling season!

While I can definitely see the corrosion, it looks light to me. Treat with corrosion-X and keep flying

While I can definitely see the corrosion, it looks light to me. Treat with corrosion-X and keep flying

Not the best, but yeah doesn't really look all that bad

As someone that might have to deal with something like this someday, what would it cost to correctly fix the level of corrosion in the first pic? Obviously it depends on how widespread it is throughout the airframe, but I guess I'm asking if this would be a deal breaker if the airplane was otherwise a good candidate for purchase?

That is minor surface corrosion which does not need to be repaired. It just needs to be treated to stop it from progressing. Spraying with corrosion-x is probably the most common treatment.

I'm not sure what an aviation shop would charge, maybe an extra $200 at annual every other year.

That looks like a wing Carry Through Spar on a Cardinal. Thats a pretty serious piece of the airplane.

Back