Fresh Ticket

RileyMitchum

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
RileyMitchum
I know I don't post here often, but I'm pretty excited. Yesterday I completed the checkride for my instrument! The flight was great, and the examiner was very fair, I couldn't have asked for a better examiner. I didn't think it was my best flying, but I blame my instructor for making me hold myself to a higher standard. Can't wait for a nice high ceiling IFR day to get some actual (Only have .3 so far).

I'll bet you're glad to have that ride behind you. I know I sure was.

Congratulations! Now go get that ticket wet.

I just finished mine up too Riley, definitely go get some time in the clouds, it's just awesome.

And congratulations, I definitely know what's involved in the ticket and I'm sure you must feel good to have it done.

Thanks! I've been reading through old posts here studying up for the oral, and am glad to have it behind me. We're supposed to have some clouds Wednesday, so I'm really keeping an eye on it.

CONGRATS!!!

Be sure to keep practicing your approaches to stay sharp!

Congrats. I had my 2nd IFR training flight today. Still a long road. I hope to take the ride by April. It's a great accomplishment.

Congrats. I had my 2nd IFR training flight today. Still a long road. I hope to take the ride by April. It's a great accomplishment.

Where the hell are you finding IMC in Nevada? What exists always seems to have ice or thunderstorms associated.

Sim IMC isn't the same. Make sure you do at least a few flights at night.

Where the hell are you finding IMC in Nevada? What exists always seems to have ice or thunderstorms associated.

Sim IMC isn't the same. Make sure you do at least a few flights at night.

I don't think he said IMC flight...

And "sim isn't the same" ??? I think that depends on the sim. The "real" sims are much better than actual, as the instructor can set the weather to whatever he wants.
I acquired five type ratings in such sims, four of which I flew the airplane as captain on my very first flight in the airplane.

Back