Free New 360 Channel Navcom (Parts)

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
A long time ago in a land far away, my little avionics company designed and marketed a 360/720 channel navcom in kit form. It was and still is the only kit navcom that got "certification" from the FCC for both the receivers and transmitter.

A fellow called me a couple of weeks ago and said he had an unbuilt kit and could I certify it if he built it. I said, "that radio kit is 30 years old and the test fixtures have long since been retired. Sorry." He then offered to send it to me to see if anybody else could use the parts. I said I'd put it out onto the 'net.

So here is the deal. I'm giving it away. So far as I know it looks to be in very original condition, right down to the $600 invoice to the original owner. Owner passed away, widow gave it to George who gave it to Jean who gave it to Kelly ... and so forth. I'd like to get ten bucks for postage, but that is about it. First serious email to jweir43@gmail.com takes it.

Please read the FAQ ...

FAQ

"Is it legal to build it and use it in my airplane?" No. It needed to come back for alignment and testing to FCC specifications, which is no longer available.

"It is missing the flux capacitor. Can you send one?" No. Spare parts have long since been put into the dead files.

"I don't understand step xyz123. What does it mean?" I don't know. I stopped memorizing what I wrote 35 years ago.

"I need technical help." As close as your local radio shop or community college electronics instructor.

"What am I going to do with a box of useless parts if they can't be made into a radio?" I don't have a clue.

Thanks,

Jim

I hope the proud new owner will tell us if he/she gets this thing going.

WEll, poo. The guy I "sold" it to hasn't gotten back to me in a month, which means I either give it to somebody else or the XYL wants it in the trash. Hell, the meter and thumbwheel switches alone cost me almost a hundred bucks back in the day.

Anybody wants it for $10 postage before I toss it? Absolutely complete along with the original manual set.

Jim

Sure. I'm always happy to play with a radio. Not sure what I'll use it for, but I could park it on the local tower frequency and free up my scanner for other things.

Where do I send the check?

Hi Jim:

I sent you a ten dollar bill within a day or two of you sending me your snail mail address.

Shoot me your address again and I'll but another ten bucks and mailing label in the mail. Perhaps I mis addressed it.

Paul

Back