Freakin' Thieves!!!!

He's lucky he didn't take a round breaking into that hangar, say your wife was in there getting stuff out of the plane from your last fly in as someone violently was trying to break in??

I'm all for a hands off approach for dumb pranks, school fights, trespassing in a public park while drinking a high school beer with the girl friend, but this dude put thought into breaking into a hangar at a airport, I'm in a very quiet town too, but even with that there is a fence, and the hangar is all steel, this ain't like stealing a hotel towel here.

So yeah, best bet would be a beat down and later shaming of the idiot and parents, second bet would be a little jail, but frankly, hate to say it, chances are this idiot isn't going to be going on to curing cancer or anything, we all know this.

Agreed. And if he'd gotten shot during that, I wouldn't feel a bit sorry for him. Same if he broke into the garage. And I also agree he's not on a track to cure cancer, but most people are, well, average.

I think overall we're in agreement, just saying it differently.

I know you live in a small town, what do you think they'll do with RC airplanes? I can't imagine a lot of places to sell them, maybe Craigslist? Do you think the thieves kept them for themselves?

d5eno0ngkm.jpg

Yeah, writing traffic tickets, busting kids for pot, having road blockades, that takes a lot of resources

Flying down in helicopters to remove pot plants, complete with high angle assult teams, that takes time too.

Too bad the police are more interested in victimless crimes, than helping victims of crime.

But yeah, I'm sure they'll give you a pretty report, perhaps you could frame it and hang it in your hangar.
Victimless crimes???? Road blocks getting drunks off the streets???? Yikes.

He's lucky he didn't take a round breaking into that hangar, say your wife was in there getting stuff out of the plane from your last fly in as someone violently was trying to break in??

I'm all for a hands off approach for dumb pranks, school fights, trespassing in a public park while drinking a high school beer with the girl friend, but this dude put thought into breaking into a hangar at a airport, I'm in a very quiet town too, but even with that there is a fence, and the hangar is all steel, this ain't like stealing a hotel towel here.

So yeah, best bet would be a beat down and later shaming of the idiot and parents, second bet would be a little jail, but frankly, hate to say it, chances are this idiot isn't going to be going on to curing cancer or anything, we all know this.

Agreed. And if he'd gotten shot during that, I wouldn't feel a bit sorry for him. Same if he broke into the garage. And I also agree he's not on a track to cure cancer, but most people are, well, average.

I think overall we're in agreement, just saying it differently.

Yeah. Because of our somewhat differing opinions, I feel like I've been defending these kids. I assure you, I'm not defending them in any way. I seek a just punishment. We're not that far off. I think if you knew these kids' families, spoke with their teachers and coaches, and knew our police, you would probably agree with me. Again, relying on our law enforcement would likely result in no punishment at all. I'll take what I can get.

What say you @JCranford ? I know you prefer to provide comic relief, but I'd be interested in your opinion on the matter.

Victimless crimes???? Road blocks getting drunks off the streets???? Yikes.

Imagine all the criminals we could get off the streets if we went door to door and kicked in doors, put people on the ground, searched their person property, phones, etc looking for anything illegal.

Imagine all the criminals we could get off the streets if we went door to door and kicked in doors, put people on the ground, searched their person property, phones, etc looking for anything illegal.
But drunk drivers do repeatedly kill people. That's a fact.

But drunk drivers do repeatedly kill people. That's a fact.

Easy now, fellas. That's got nothing to do with this discussion. Let's not get an argument going, although that is the POA way.

Easy now, fellas. That's got nothing to do with this discussion. Let's not get an argument going, although that is the POA way.
I'm not arguing. Should I start?

Nope. Ain't nobody arguing here. Just don't want to start the ball rolling down hill. However, now that your here, I'm not sure we have a choice. :D
Well I think it was grand burglary not petty theft. So there.

Plus... ya got Ted kicking it too. Politics jeez. :D

Haha! Well I can't help it if Ted and I see eye to eye on things. They say that great minds think alike. That sure don't apply here, so I don't know what's going on.

Well I think it was grand burglary not petty theft. So there.

Ha! 'Preciate the input, Clark.

Pretty sure the turds in question won't know the difference.

I say it's theivin'.

Reactions: Ted
@OkieFlyer It seems you are trying to do the right thing. But will the kids in question change or react in the manner you wish, since I'm sure the rest of the town sees the police as ineffective? The poster you made has what I read as a threat- are you prepared to make good on it? Would the culprits feel that there was a good possibility of getting arrested? Otherwise I opine it does less than nothing for you. Just my random thoughts and I don't have your sense of the situation.

@OkieFlyer It seems you are trying to do the right thing. But will the kids in question change or react in the manner you wish, since I'm sure the rest of the town sees the police as ineffective? The poster you made has what I read as a threat- are you prepared to make good on it? Would the culprits feel that there was a good possibility of getting arrested? Otherwise I opine it does less than nothing for you. Just my random thoughts and I don't have your sense of the situation.

I hear ya. In a nutshell, if my poster does nothing and the police do nothing as expected, then nothing has changed. So what the heck? It's worth a try. The threat is empty, but they don't know that, and they don't know who I think did it.

I did decide not to put the poster on school grounds so they aren't involved in this. I put it on Facebook and it's making it's rounds as we speak. I'll bet there's a couple youngsters sweating right now. We'll see what happens.

Then there's one other possibility. I may be an idiot, completely wrong, and nothing good will come of this. Oh well. Somebody got my crap and got away with it.

I did decide not to put the poster on school grounds so they aren't involved in this. I put it on Facebook and it's making it's rounds as we speak. I'll bet there's a couple youngsters sweating right now. We'll see what happens..

Or they just dumped everything in a creek or something similar to get the goods out of their hands and are planning their next excitement.

Okie, you know your town and area better than any of us. If you think your plan will work better than straight up police involvement then that's the way to go. I think in the smaller towns that's probably the better way to go. Doubt it would work in the bigger towns. Too much adverse peer pressure. I *do* like the sign on the locker room door followed up by the coach's talk. I hope it works.

(Looking forward to seeing you at Gaston's)

Or they just dumped everything in a creek or something similar to get the goods out of their hands and are planning their next excitement.

That is very possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped the stuff even before I started applying pressure.

Okie, you know your town and area better than any of us. If you think your plan will work better than straight up police involvement then that's the way to go. I think in the smaller towns that's probably the better way to go. Doubt it would work in the bigger towns. Too much adverse peer pressure. I *do* like the sign on the locker room door followed up by the coach's talk. I hope it works.

(Looking forward to seeing you at Gaston's)

'Preciate the input JCrizzle. I did call the fuzz as soon as I found out Sunday morning, so they have an open case. We'll see if they do anything. Just not confident in their ability to even bring a case against anyone without collecting the available evidence. Eh, I'm gonna shut up and wait now. I apologize for my over-zealousness. <---Is that a word???

Yeah, Im pretty sure its a word.

I worked burglary investigations for 5 years. They have a low clearance rate because you usually have no suspects and no evidence, just missing stuff. Fortunately you have viable suspects. Physical evidence, like fingerprints, are harder to come by than tv crime dramas would lead you to believe. If you have no physical evidence but suspects, you are left with trying to track down the property (pawn shops, Craigslist, etc) or getting a confession. Confessions take some skilled communications / interrogation. Lindsay OK PD cops *might* not have the tools for that. If the kids sell the stuff on the street, youre screwed. And as you said, the pawn shops are far away plus if these kids are juveniles a pawn shop probably wont take stuff from them. I agree, the cop route probably wont pan out.

Yeah. Because of our somewhat differing opinions, I feel like I've been defending these kids. I assure you, I'm not defending them in any way. I seek a just punishment. We're not that far off. I think if you knew these kids' families, spoke with their teachers and coaches, and knew our police, you would probably agree with me. Again, relying on our law enforcement would likely result in no punishment at all. I'll take what I can get.

What say you @JCranford ? I know you prefer to provide comic relief, but I'd be interested in your opinion on the matter.
I may have posted this here before.

I was awakened one night by the local police knocking on my door. I went outside and they told me my Bronco had been broken into and my stereo was stolen. They caught the kids who did it. I didn't have the stereo installed very well, so it was very easy for them to slide it out. The only damage was my broken window.

I immediately recognized the kids. They were being raised by their Grandparents. Their Grandfather always drove through the neighborhood very slowly and would wave and say hello. I really liked this guy a lot. He was standing there with tears in his eyes. He told me he was devastated and didn't raise these boys this way.

The police were asking me to press charges. I looked at the Grandfather and asked if he would pay for my window. He said yes. I asked him if he would take care of punishing the boys at home. He said yes. I told the police I wouldn't be pressing charges. They were very angry. I told them it was my truck, my property, and I didn't feel like ruining these kids' lives and I believed the Grandfather would fix it.

I spoke to the boys. I told them I carry a gun at all times. I told them had I caught them in my house or even my garage, this might be a different story. Their Grandparents would be going to funerals. The only reason you're alive is because I didn't feel my family had been threatened.

The rest of the time I lived there, the boys would stop by when riding their bicycles and say hello, and were always extremely polite to me. The oldest is almost 18 and the Grandfather told me he will finally get his driver's license. One of the punishments was, they couldn't drive until they turned 18.

Not saying this situation is the same as the one presented here, but I think we have to look at the whole story and decide what the right thing to do is. I think I made the right choice.

They should make crackhead burgled sized sticky traps, how awsome would that be :)

Just instead of the food, put a iPhone or some old tools in the middle

640px-Glue_trap_by_David_Shankbone-352x248.jpg

I may have posted this here before.

I was awakened one night by the local police knocking on my door. I went outside and they told me my Bronco had been broken into and my stereo was stolen. They caught the kids who did it. I didn't have the stereo installed very well, so it was very easy for them to slide it out. The only damage was my broken window.

I immediately recognized the kids. They were being raised by their Grandparents. Their Grandfather always drove through the neighborhood very slowly and would wave and say hello. I really liked this guy a lot. He was standing there with tears in his eyes. He told me he was devastated and didn't raise these boys this way.

The police were asking me to press charges. I looked at the Grandfather and asked if he would pay for my window. He said yes. I asked him if he would take care of punishing the boys at home. He said yes. I told the police I wouldn't be pressing charges. They were very angry. I told them it was my truck, my property, and I didn't feel like ruining these kids' lives and I believed the Grandfather would fix it.

I spoke to the boys. I told them I carry a gun at all times. I told them had I caught them in my house or even my garage, this might be a different story. Their Grandparents would be going to funerals. The only reason you're alive is because I didn't feel my family had been threatened.

The rest of the time I lived there, the boys would stop by when riding their bicycles and say hello, and were always extremely polite to me. The oldest is almost 18 and the Grandfather told me he will finally get his driver's license. One of the punishments was, they couldn't drive until they turned 18.

Not saying this situation is the same as the one presented here, but I think we have to look at the whole story and decide what the right thing to do is. I think I made the right choice.

Thanks, Jack. This is a very similar situation.

I am going to take both sides,

While I agree with tawood that it doesn't work in urban or suburban areas it may work well in a small town in the middle of fly-over country. I am not Draconian by any measure and suspect tawood isn't either but he takes each case based on merit as any cop should. Have those kids developed a reputation as a bad guy from their early teens? If so, they deserve to have the law come down on them hard because as tawood says letting them off Scot free will only enhance their careers and prestige among their peers.
Incarceration is too good for some. I'm a bit Draconian in that respect. "Do the crime, pay the time".

OTOH I was raised as a Michigan farm boy in what was then a small town and spent time on my uncle's farm where I learned to milk cows and do other farm chores.
I was not punished for grabbing a teat and squirting milk for the barn cats to grab at. It was an experience to be treasured in my time.

I guess being raised in a different era led me to where I am today. I still have respect for the country I was fortunate enough to be born into and have respect for both the flag and the republic. I detest those who have no respect for America. I stand with those who do their best to enforce law and order. The left' attacks on them are abominable in my opinion.

Times have changed and it is difficult to deal with.

I guess being raised in a different era led me to where I am today. I still have respect for the country I was fortunate enough to be born into and have respect for both the flag and the republic. I detest those who have no respect for America. I stand with those who do their best to enforce law and order. The left' attacks on them are abominable in my opinion.

Times have changed and it is difficult to deal with.

Yes it has.

When I was growing up in Texas if any of our friends strayed, we took them aside and beat the holy snot out of them. It wasn't funny, it was serious.

Out of my circle of friends from church and school, only one went off and became a life long druggie, and still lies about it 40 some odd years later.

Yes it has.

When I was growing up in Texas if any of our friends strayed, we took them aside and beat the holy snot out of them. It wasn't funny, it was serious.

Out of my circle of friends from church and school, only one went off and became a life long druggie, and still lies about it 40 some odd years later.

Sad choice, but his choice I have see nothing wrong with it.

Bigger question would be did he victimize other people stealing or robbing or ....

Sad choice, but his choice I have see nothing wrong with it.

Bigger question would be did he victimize other people stealing or robbing or ....

Yes. Still does.

And it all started with just harmless weed....

Yes. Still does.

Sorry about your friend

But let's not go make the weed connection to crime, lots of successful people smoke a little grass and never hurt anything aside from the pantry.

Yes. Still does.

Some people have addictive personalities, and some don't. I knew a bunch of people in high school who messed around with various low level drugs. To my knowledge, none of them became addicts. One former friend of mine who I knew when I was in high school (she was in her 30s) did cocaine for several years when she was high school/college age. She got off of it by her mid 20s, although if I recall correctly that was prompted when one of her friends OD'd and died. Known some who just enjoyed some weed now and then to relax or whatnot and that was it.

Then there was the one kid I knew when I was in college, he was in high school. Really smart kid, was doing his own internet business and making good money. Decided to volunteer at a drug rehab facility so he could learn from the addicts about how to start doing drugs. No idea what he was on, but he took to it big. I dropped him as a friend overnight - personality shifted 180 from a smart, well-mannered, entrepreneurial kid to a real ass who just wanted to get high and bang any girl he could. Our mutual friend who introduced us took a really tolerant attitude to it and "Well I don't like it but he seems to know what he's doing." I told said mutual friend that he was an idiot, and this kid would OD and die.

Sure enough, I was right. He'd been on drugs for under a year.

Don't know. Maybe I could've intervened. Maybe not. But either way, he's been dead about 12 years now.

I just never have, and never will, understand the desire some people have to even start using drugs. It just makes zero sense to me, and never has.

Including legal drugs?

Sorry about your friend

But let's not go make the weed connection to crime, lots of successful people smoke a little grass and never hurt anything aside from the pantry.
But you can also just as easily say that lots of people start with marijuana and move on to harsher drugs. Neither statement in itself makes or breaks the connection. Provide your reasoning and some statistics if you want to be persuasive.

Do you not believe that there is a distinction between legal and illegal drugs?

Not much, aside from profit and politics.

But you can also just as easily say that lots of people start with marijuana and move on to harsher drugs. Neither statement in itself makes or breaks the connection. Provide your reasoning and some statistics if you want to be persuasive.

Yeah. Reefer madness lol

Back