Form 337 Submission Question

That 337 is going to be opened by some donut hole in Ok CIty, run through a scanner, and put into your N-number file without so much as a by-your-leave. Quota is, say, 5000 scans a day means (s)he gets six seconds to open the envelope, unfold the 337, look to see that it is signed, and zippidee-doo-dah through the scanner.

Jim

That 337 is going to be opened by some donut hole in Ok CIty, run through a scanner, and put into your N-number file without so much as a by-your-leave. Quota is, say, 5000 scans a day means (s)he gets six seconds to open the envelope, unfold the 337, look to see that it is signed, and zippidee-doo-dah through the scanner.

Jim
Like I said, enforcement is a pretty low priority for the FAA. The only time I believe that would be even looked at, would be after the smoking hole was caused by the alteration that wasn't recorded. Pretty remote?? I think So.

Back in the day when we sent them to our PMIs for approval, yeah they'd give you sh-t for being late, not so any more

Thanks for the help guys and answering the questions asked. I just wanted to check I had understood all properly prior to submitting the form to OKC.

Purely for interest:

The work was carried out and documented by the A&P who asked the IA to sign off on it. The IA has signed both blocks for the work and return to service. No, I haven't lifted a tool and watched from the side lines. Neither A&P or IA have submitted any paperwork to the FAA. I have the worksheets, logbook entry and 337 properly completed though. I had no idea they hadn't submitted until they called me, I had assumed they had submitted as I thought (and it is) normally how this procedure is done as far as I knew.

From the moment I received the telephone call, I then made it my responsibility as owner/operator (even though technically it isn't) to submit the form, but being a newbie to this just wanted to make sure I had understood the regulations properly and to check if they would want the original or a good copy.

This.....so much. :confused:

Jim

Back