Foreflight mobile update coming

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
For some of us this is long overdue. Looks like they're finally putting the same functionality the ipad version has onto the phone version.

Yea that will be nice

Probably the same philosophy as FlyQ's similar announcement - the iPhone screen has gotten almost as big as an iPad Mini, so there's little reason to continue making them different.

Or they figured out that nobody ever launches the iPhone version unless forced to by a failure and even then they cuss over trying to use it these days (it used to be good) as a backup.

Should make a better last chance backup,with the changes.

Or they figured out that nobody ever launches the iPhone version unless forced to by a failure and even then they cuss over trying to use it these days (it used to be good) as a backup.
As with just about everything else, I'm backwards on this. Foreflight on iPhone is primary on the yokemount in flight. The iPad is mainly for pre-flight planning, and for consulting airport and weather data without distracting the iPhone from its magenta-line-following chores.

As with just about everything else, I'm backwards on this. Foreflight on iPhone is primary on the yokemount in flight. The iPad is mainly for pre-flight planning, and for consulting airport and weather data without distracting the iPhone from its magenta-line-following chores.

I keep saying that I’m going to try this but keep forgetting. I prefer to use my iPad, but it’s way too big to hang on the yoke.

Heh. Interesting.

Doing instructor or simulated instructor chores, the iPhone or iPad sitting off to the side (mine) is just a backup to whatever the student is using. Panel, their iPad, their iPhone... it’s just a “trusted device” to glance at if the student is over there goofing up the setup of their gadgetry.

“Have you looked ahead at airspace...?” as they’re fiddling on the airport screen in ForeFlight and the Bravo shelf is looming, or whatever. But most of the time that one is better served by just memorizing landmarks, from the right seat perspective anyway.

Thought in your head: Hmmm. Coming up on the reservoir... left seater obviously isn’t paying attention to airspace... let’s see how close he or she gets... and figure out how to get their brain out in front of the airplane instead of six miles behind it... :)

Back