Foreflight graphical briefing gone...Heads up

k9medic

Line Up and Wait
N Central FL and GTC Bahamas when off work
Display Name

Display name:
ATP-H, CMEL, CSEL, CFI/CFII Airplanes and Helicopters
This morning I was refreshing a briefing for a pending flight and noticed that the normal graphical briefing that has been shown on Foreflight for at least 8 years has now been replaced with a rather generic PDF style 7 page briefing.

I emailed Foreflight and this was the response:

"Joey here with the ForeFlight Customer Success Team.

I am afraid the HTML briefing has been removed from our system due to a server upgrade. We understand this is not desirable for you, but it is necessary for us to improve the bring system globally. We will work to include the previous information into the new format in time. Thank you for your patience while we continue to improve our product.

Let us know if you have any other questions. We're happy to help!"

Just a heads up for folks who have come to reply on Foreflight to give you color coded and decoded briefings!

I guess I'm off to find my E6B, paper sectional, plotter and sextant. Now if I can just find a watch to go with my compass...

I just gave it a try and didn’t notice any changes in-app. Is this on the website or for international routes?

I also just tried the app and it looks the same to me.

I then went and tried the website, also no change.

So I'm not sure what you're seeing.

might help to put what versions you're on

I'm using the Foreflight website. For the most part, of my flight plans originate in the US and terminate in the Bahamas.

This is interesting though... I tried a CONUS flight and the briefing was graphical. When I entered a flight with a destination outside of the US, it was the PDF format.

I just ran a test flight briefing and looks the same. This is probably for global, given the message.

Which given the grammar I thought might be an AI bot. But an AI bot wouldn't have written this, so must be a human!

necessary for us to improve the bring system globally

Back